7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, it is no joke. The former incarnation of the shadow spec of the priest class was designed by Chris Kaleiki. He left to make a new company named notorious. And now that he left, they fucked up shadow spec.

Google it.
    What's fucked about it?
    Shadow felt pretty enjoyable when i tested it.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it is no joke. The former incarnation of the shadow spec of the priest class was designed by Chris Kaleiki. He left to make a new company named notorious.

Google it.
    I would google it, but I do not care. This gossip was used to bash DF Beta class design, but since Shadow and Balance improved so greatly, I do not give a flying fuck who designed it. And if true, then designer change was for the better.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What's fucked about it?
    Shadow felt pretty enjoyable when i tested it.
    Ye, I dunno. Guy said Shadow got fucked the other day, and the only thing I found was tier set nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure you will discover when you play endgame.
    You mean the endgame that people test right now on PTR? The one where they say it plays great?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am sure you will discover when you play endgame.
    Can you provide me with an actual answer or not?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly that. But i doubt you will believe me. As like you thought the designer change was a joke. You do you.
    Yeee. The guy who keeps shitting on the game with every posts he gives vs Shadow players who kept playing the spec for years. Who to believe?

You really are getting confused in your bitterness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Can you provide me with an actual answer or not?
    He can't. He doesn't know what he is talking about. His "proof" is that apparently priest dev left, but he doesn't even realize how well spec plays. All in the name of bashing the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Asking the devs to actually to design the game for their players rather than themself is not "shitting on the game", it is about wanting the game in the right hands rather than in the hands of an elitist jerk who fits well to that guild name.
    You are SO confused. You keep spilling your endgame design angst now into spec design.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He can't. He doesn't know what he talks about. His "proof" is that apparently dev left, but he doesn't even realize how spec plays.
    Or you know, you could just take a look in the Beta Feedback thread and read what people actually playing the spec think. It's universally negative.

The spec plays ok on single-target, but multi-target/AoE gameplay, something they specifically said they wanted to improve over compared to Shadowlands, actually turned out even worse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Or you know, you could just take a look in the Beta Feedback thread and read what people actually playing the spec think. It's universally negative.

The spec plays ok on single-target, but multi-target/AoE gameplay, something they specifically said they wanted to improve over compared to Shadowlands, actually turned out even worse.
    Meanwhile I check YouTube vids of different PTR players and I see a positive reception. So whose right?

- - - Updated - - -

No, i am not confused. You are simply on a vendetta. Probably because i critcize your playstyle? Not sure. You do you, as i said.
    Well, the playstyle that is gonna remain, I guess. All your ideas wont ever be fulfilled, so all you can do is post your bitterness daily. You do you as well. Also lol @ vendetta coming from the guy who just HAS to chime in in every WoW gameplay related thread. How is your hate boner against LAWYER Ion?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-09 at 08:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, it is no joke. The former incarnation of the shadow spec of the priest class was designed by Chris Kaleiki. He left to make a new company named notorious studios. And now that he left, they fucked up shadow spec.

Google it.
    Was shadowlands priest highly praised? I don’t remember seeing any one say any thing good about it all expan and According to his own site he only worked on priest In shadowlands and left in 2020.

https://kaleiki.com/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest is considered by many to be among the best solo playing damage dealers in the shadowlands.
    From a quick google they don’t seem to come up even once on list as far as solo specs go, though it’s possible that’s just season 4.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1079223.png

Place 4 in boss damage
    What does that have to do with solo play? You aren’t doing a raid rotation/boss damage while playing solo.

I do not hate him. I just think he is incompetent. He does not know who most of his players are.
    He knows very well. I am (amongst others) his player, and you are not. It's as simple as that.
    Also, care to explain how is it possible that the majority of his players are casuals, even tho he runs the game since Legion? That has to be the most stubborn group of players in the existence - shat on since 2016, but still paying for the game! If you play a game for 6 years, even though nobody cares about you, maybe you simply deserve what you get?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, i meant single target damage. Great on bosses, not that great in AOE situations. But yes, they are also great to solo, as shadow priests are very tanky damage dealers.
    Ah well then ya they do seem ranked highly on dps, though I want to say they have been like that since legion with surrender to madness but people did complain about that talent a lot so Mabye if it’s still high up there with a smooth playstyle it would be better.

The priest class designer found a new job.
    This person left over two years ago and has nothing to do with DF lol.

Anyway they just made a lot of changes on beta that crippled the spec which are hopefully temporary.

Oh, ok. Nice to meet you. Thats a rare occassion. You know, most of his players leave two months after expac start.
    Who cares? I don't care, Ion doesn't care, and Activision Blizzard management doesn't care, since he's still running the game. Happy times.

Well, they simply level up to endgame level and leave then.
    So they pay the full price of an AAA game to play for a week? Man, Ion is a genious. Does nothing for the majority of the players that play WoW, and they still buy it! Imagine that, selling all those copies to the hordes of casuals, while showing them a middle finger. And they still throw the monies at him. For six years in a row. Genious. They should give him a raise no doubt.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-09 at 08:33 PM.

No, he would be a genious if they stayed sub for a year, and not only for two months.
    You don't understand. Making them sub for a year requires a lot of work. Work requires resources. Resources generate costs.
    Meanwhile, he sells them a full priced AAA game doing nothing for them. Do you understand? NOTHING. They pay him for nothing. That's brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about the state of retail WoW, subscription retention, or anything else in that vein - it's for the discussion of the ongoing Alpha/Beta and development of the newest expansion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Anyone know if evoker tier set will be visible in dragonform , i think they said yes but still missing on beta right?

Quote Originally Posted by Izkatu View Post
    Anyone know if evoker tier set will be visible in dragonform , i think they said yes but still missing on beta right?
    Yeah Evoker armour seems bugged, took mine to the barber shop and half the options were not available to me. It’d be silly if tier sets weren’t visible, it wouldn’t feel special collecting them if they weren’t
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izkatu View Post
    It won't, nothing is visible outside of your visage form except for shoulderpads and belt.

Formerly known as Arafal