Poll: Do you like Dragonriding?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sadly no. I really hope they add it in a later patch because going around farming herbs and such is just not viable with Dragonriding.
    Does that include druid flight form? Be kinda ass to take away class identity

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I think this is something people gloss over. I remember the moment I took off in Shadowmoon Valley with my first flying mount. It was a moment I had anticipated for the entire journey to 70. And I was utterly underwhelmed, even as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise.

Nearly two decades later, I finally got the feeling I had anticipated way back when. That's huge.
    Yeah, the original slow flying (Cause let's be honest, buying epic flight back in TBC was NOT cheap by those days' standards) did not really feel that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    lets just for fun assume you are right, and that everybody want noninteractive travel, and that removing such thing would kill wow
    you do realise ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is being removed, right? literaly every form of travel that is currently withing the game will be there in DF, dragonriding will be ON TOP OF THAT, not instead of that...
    so even IF (and that is big if) you are right, it changes nothing... all other travel methods are there (or will be at later point, like its been for 8years now), they are just slower, but since for you they are more convenient, you can just use them and ignore dragonriding...

so your argument is purely "i dont want it so NOBODY should have it" attitude... like complaining others drive cars but you want to use public transport, absolutely nothing is stopping you and others driving cars have no impact on your public transport...
    They are delaying regular mount flying for dragonriding, as well as zones being developed with "highly vertical" layouts to make ground mount travel as painful as possible to force dragonriding.

Do a regular zone and add dragonriding like zandalari dino glide and we're set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    And that's the reality they'll have to deal with. OG flying was implemented as a reward but became a necessity for optimal travel, safety, and convenience. The devs only have themselves to blame for the situation and player division, because of the antagonistic relationship they chose to have with it since WoD.

If they want to reinvent it or change it, they're going to make something appealing to the majority of retained players (current and new)--knowing they'll make everyone else upset. And realistically, I don't think holding off on normal flying on one continent will be that disastrous. If people have survived when there was NO flying until some arbitrary benchmark that the devs determined is "fair" for our qol vs their pride, "clunky gliders" won't murder the appeal if the rest of the game is still decent.
    It's more than that though, if you're halfway up whatever WA driven glide/dive/hop thingy and your kid needs something, wife calls you in the other room or whatever... you have to either have them wait or bail, probably fall to your death somewhere, and when you get back remember what you're doing and get back to where you're supposed to be.

Otherwise, you want to go to the bathroom and get a snack you have to log off. Maybe you don't feel like logging back on by the time you get back. Very dangerous from a game design perspective.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It's more than that though, if you're halfway up whatever WA driven glide/dive/hop thingy and your kid needs something, wife calls you in the other room or whatever... you have to either have them wait or bail, probably fall to your death somewhere, and when you get back remember what you're doing and get back to where you're supposed to be.

Otherwise, you want to go to the bathroom and get a snack you have to log off. Maybe you don't feel like logging back on by the time you get back. Very dangerous from a game design perspective.
    All those things can and do also happen during any other activity, such as while doing a quest or whatever else you do in the open world. Was it such a problem until now? Why is it problematic only if it happens while traveling? And those activities are going to be the majority of the time you spend in the world, with traveling from point A to B comparatively small due to how fast dragon riding is.

As a side note you don't fall to your death with dragon riding. You can quickly point the dragon right up so it will stall and very gently drop down while you're afk, or alternatively leave it going and overshoot your destination and possibly land in an awkward place, like you would with a flying mount.