Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They were on the concept art but it's quite frequent for things in the concept art to be scrapped.

That said, the only actual clue we have from datamining about future content is about an underground zone. Primordial Trolls could live there.
    I couldn't find any concept art, any chance it was posted here or do you know where to find it?

and what you wrote makes sense, it would be cool to meet them in some underground zone.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I think it's incredibly likely that Razageth doesn't free the other primals, and they all die at the end of the first raid. They will probably all feature in the last fight however, as there are multiple pedestals in the last boss room and they could each contain one of the primals.

I just can't see four multi-colored elemental dragons being spread throughout the expansion when Murozond and Galakrond (I think he is inevitable now as we are getting a build up of Decay magic, which seems to be his thing) exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I tried to search through this thread - is it confirmed that Primordial Trolls were scrapped? There was no news from what I gathered since April and apparently Alpha testers haven't found any of them during their gameplay.

My colleagues are speculating that they were replaced with that Dajarin race- or how it was called? (Feels odd, considering that it's really close to Mandalorian's last name).
    Djaradin COULD be the primordial trolls, and revealing it now would be a huge spoiler. We don't know where trolls originally came from after all.

I think that it's more likely that Trolls have some connection to the Emerald Dream/Lifelands though. They have regeneration powers (that glow green) and seem to stick with wild gods all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thus far I've seen no primordial trolls in the Beta, but it's entirely possible they're going to feature in future content concerning the Primalists and the elemental forces at play on the Dragon Isles.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The big plotlines that aren't tied to Rasageth/Primalists are as follows:

- Decay magic, the Gnoll leader escapes her dungeon fight and says she'll spread more of it. May be a tease about Galakrond as he was a "death" dragon who spit out bodies and corpses, and Decay is opposite of Spirit (so he is essentially an anti-Dragon, as the drakes came from the elements)

- There is some kind of magic machine(?) that Neltharion created that is underground and used as a mind control for draconic creatures. This is teased in a questline and is probably tied to the underground zone. Also apparently the mole creatures and noodle dragons aren't in the game yet, so they may be from there?

- Emerald Dream: Malfurion stuff, nuff said. We don't know why we need Ysera back.

- Murozond: Nuff said.

As Dragonflight is lowkey another elemental expansion, but we're getting some Life storyline, I think people are sleeping on how important Elune and the Lifelands may be to this expansion. I'm not saying SL 2 but we may go to the Dream again or the place where the dream originates from, as it may very well be where the elements (and thus dragons) came from to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I find myself wondering if Deathwing didn't spend *all* his time convalescing in Deepholm, but rather returned periodically to Azeroth, and specifically the Dragon Isles, to set up future machinations and experiments during his long recovery. Some of the stuff we find in the Isles don't seem like the work of the Aspect Neltharion but rather the designs of the insane Deathwing - such as the mind control device, or the long stasis of the dracthyr themselves. It seems quite possible to me that Deathwing might've gone to Deepholm to slumber and recover, returning to the Isles periodically to check on his stuff and perhaps set up some additional wickedness, before growing tired and returning to Deepholm again.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I find myself wondering if Deathwing didn't spend *all* his time convalescing in Deepholm, but rather returned periodically to Azeroth, and specifically the Dragon Isles, to set up future machinations and experiments during his long recovery. Some of the stuff we find in the Isles don't seem like the work of the Aspect Neltharion but rather the designs of the insane Deathwing - such as the mind control device, or the long stasis of the dracthyr themselves. It seems quite possible to me that Deathwing might've gone to Deepholm to slumber and recover, returning to the Isles periodically to check on his stuff and perhaps set up some additional wickedness, before growing tired and returning to Deepholm again.
    That would be weird seeing as the other aspects couldn't go there yet Deathwing could minus some actual explanation but...then again why just him?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Maybe the reveal will be that, due to elemental trickery and the innate connection of elements to dragons, Deathwing made a tunnel from Deepholm to "Underground Dragon Isles"?

Both were sealed away through Titan magic. Maybe Deathwing reverse engineered that technology to connect Deepholm to the pocket dimension the Isles were in?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That would be weird seeing as the other aspects couldn't go there yet Deathwing could minus some actual explanation but...then again why just him?
    Because he was trapped in a Titan prison and they weren't. If the Isles were technically also in a "Titan Prison" (pocket dimension) maybe Deathwing could hop between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Dragon Isles seems to have some strong elemental connections, especially with the element of earth - it's quite possible that Deathwing could utilize his own connection to the element of earth to transit between realms, getting in underneath the shield where the other Aspects could not. It's also rather curious that the Dragon Isles were shielded from the other Dragonflights to begin with, as it seems like a severe oversight in the design of the Beacon of Tyrhold. Seems possible to me that Deathwing altered the design of the Beacon to do that intentionally, thereby giving himself yet another hidden sanctum from which he could hide and plot, turning the Aspects' former homes into his private fiefdom.

The Dragon Isles seems to have some strong elemental connections, especially with the element of earth - it's quite possible that Deathwing could utilize his own connection to the element of earth to transit between realms, getting in underneath the shield where the other Aspects could not. It's also rather curious that the Dragon Isles were shielded from the other Dragonflights to begin with, as it seems like a severe oversight in the design of the Beacon of Tyrhold. Seems possible to me that Deathwing altered the design of the Beacon to do that intentionally, thereby giving himself yet another hidden sanctum from which he could hide and plot, turning the Aspects' former homes into his private fiefdom.
    It would also be a nice nod towards the hubris of the titans that the Primalists so often mention: in their desire to Order everything, they created a network of Titan facilities and programs that can be abused by someone smart enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The big plotlines that aren't tied to Rasageth/Primalists are as follows:

- Decay magic, the Gnoll leader escapes her dungeon fight and says she'll spread more of it. May be a tease about Galakrond as he was a "death" dragon who spit out bodies and corpses, and Decay is opposite of Spirit (so he is essentially an anti-Dragon, as the drakes came from the elements)

- There is some kind of magic machine(?) that Neltharion created that is underground and used as a mind control for draconic creatures. This is teased in a questline and is probably tied to the underground zone. Also apparently the mole creatures and noodle dragons aren't in the game yet, so they may be from there?

- Emerald Dream: Malfurion stuff, nuff said. We don't know why we need Ysera back.

- Murozond: Nuff said.

As Dragonflight is lowkey another elemental expansion, but we're getting some Life storyline, I think people are sleeping on how important Elune and the Lifelands may be to this expansion. I'm not saying SL 2 but we may go to the Dream again or the place where the dream originates from, as it may very well be where the elements (and thus dragons) came from to begin with.
    I wonder if Elune helped Freya "install" the Emerald Dream if we are to believe the Titan perspective of Chronicle. Or the Emerald Dream is like Ardenweald in that it's a section of the "Lifelands" with Elune being it's Eternal One, just the Titan's took credit for using it? And the Natural flow of Souls is Reality > Death, but the Ardenweald/Emerald Dream link is either an unintentional or intentional bypass to make sure that SOME souls return to Reality, so it becomes Reality > Death > Life > Reality and so on?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Djaradin COULD be the primordial trolls, and revealing it now would be a huge spoiler. We don't know where trolls originally came from after all.
    I hope it's not the case as they look nothing like trolls. More like a link between titan constructs and vrykul to be honest.

I think that it's more likely that Trolls have some connection to the Emerald Dream/Lifelands though. They have regeneration powers (that glow green) and seem to stick with wild gods all the time.
    I like that idea but you can never be sure with current team. I'd rather get myself ready for scrapped content.

Thus far I've seen no primordial trolls in the Beta, but it's entirely possible they're going to feature in future content concerning the Primalists and the elemental forces at play on the Dragon Isles.
    Thanks for information.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I wonder if Elune helped Freya "install" the Emerald Dream if we are to believe the Titan perspective of Chronicle. Or the Emerald Dream is like Ardenweald in that it's a section of the "Lifelands" with Elune being it's Eternal One, just the Titan's took credit for using it? And the Natural flow of Souls is Reality > Death, but the Ardenweald/Emerald Dream link is either an unintentional or intentional bypass to make sure that SOME souls return to Reality, so it becomes Reality > Death > Life > Reality and so on?
    I think the most likely answer is that the Dream is either a chunk of the Lifelands specific to Azeroth that Freya shaped and lorded over (with the Life Gods permission) or its a pocket realm created by the Titans using Life magic, similar to how Helya created Helheim using Shadowlands magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't think you fully understand how compounding percentages work. A level 10 key is scaled 4% higher than a +10 now. An 11 is scaled 8% higher. 12 is scaled 13% higher. A +20 in Dragonflight will be scaled higher than a +22 is now.
    It will be equivalent to a 22 which for the most part if you regularly run 20s currently isn't much tougher

A 15 will be a bit more difficult than a current 16 so as I've said the difficulty won't feel as much as a 17 which for most people isn't a very big leap

I couldn't find any concept art, any chance it was posted here or do you know where to find it?

and what you wrote makes sense, it would be cool to meet them in some underground zone.
    Yikes sorry, got confused. I was doing some research on dark trolls the other day and was looking at the Cataclysm concept art (they were supposed to be in Cata but where cut content) so I just remembered seeing troll concept art recently

But yeah, I think tying them to an underground zone would make sense. And really, every expac needs trolls!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the most likely answer is that the Dream is either a chunk of the Lifelands specific to Azeroth that Freya shaped and lorded over (with the Life Gods permission) or its a pocket realm created by the Titans using Life magic, similar to how Helya created Helheim using Shadowlands magic.
    My guess is the latter. We see Ra and Helya manipulate planar connections and the connection of souls to the afterlife with the Elemental Planes after all. It seems the Titans and their Keepers were very much capable of creating planar realms and of changing how things worked on a fundamental level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It will be equivalent to a 22 which for the most part if you regularly run 20s currently isn't much tougher

A 15 will be a bit more difficult than a current 16 so as I've said the difficulty won't feel as much as a 17 which for most people isn't a very big leap
    Not many people run 20s regularly. We are talking about people who are running 15s moving up to 22-23s. And that is without a kiss/curse affix that provides extra power and without multiple extra power systems at the end of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yikes sorry, got confused. I was doing some research on dark trolls the other day and was looking at the Cataclysm concept art (they were supposed to be in Cata but where cut content) so I just remembered seeing troll concept art recently

But yeah, I think tying them to an underground zone would make sense. And really, every expac needs trolls!
    I would rather see Blizzard develop them and make them improve, get new characters and actually grow, instead of making out of them loot pinata every single time. One of the reasons why I thought Primordial trolls were replaced with Djaradin was because having another evil troll nation that is nothing but punching bag is redundant. But who knows what is really going on there.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I would rather see Blizzard develop them and make them improve, get new characters and actually grow, instead of making out of them loot pinata every single time. One of the reasons why I thought Primordial trolls were replaced with Djaradin was because having another evil troll nation that is nothing but punching bag is redundant. But who knows what is really going on there.
    Djaradin are an interesting case actually. They are more like Predators and they just hunt down Dragons cause they are the worthiest hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingMad View Post
    Apparently, there is a character retcon https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/B0BHTP2P4H
    Danuser just tweeted saying this listing is an error and he's not a bronze dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

To my knowledge, it was blurb from one of the developer interviews about Dragonflight:
    Originally Posted by Patrick Dawson
    It’s that familiarity and wonder at the same time. It’s hard to capture, but it’s something we’re focusing on. Across the zones, you’ll meet Centaur clans, primordial Trolls, or even revisit the Tuskarr. It’s a nice balance between the "new" and "familiar". (Source)
    That's the only mention of primordial trolls connected to the expansion - but with none encountered so far, this would either be cut content or perhaps fodder for future stories in the Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceCattx View Post
    Danuser just tweeted saying this listing is an error and he's not a bronze dragon
    Ok Thanks for the heads up!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As expected, 25th October. I would like to see launch of event/Evoker though. They told us it will last 2 weeks, but would be strange if we will get 3 weeks of nothing, 1 is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Okay but like...

Season 4 ends on October 25th. Does that mean prepatch is that day also? Or that the prepatch is actually a week later?
    Yes, it's same thing. What would be the point of non-season week in 9.2.7? Just to piss people working for KSM?