Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly many of them you want to target specifically because they are fairly high up.
    I'd just save the apex one for last but the others seem pretty easy to reach with 4 vigor. Use up all your vigor on consecutive vertical skyward ascents (make sure you wait until the animation, 2 wing flaps, is finished before using it again otherwise the new one will clip the previous one it and you won't get as high) and if you don't end up high enough level to -5 degree, circle to wait it out and recharge a vigor bubble and use it again. And once you're up there (wherever that may be) the next glyph will probably be downwards so easy to reach while recharging vigor.

That also would work for the apex one but it would take a much longer time than necessary.

Another reason to save apex for last is I hope to be able to dismount some allies trying to climb it. I may spend a bit of time there.

From what I played on beta the only annoyance I have with Dragon Riding is using it in a dungeon. I get it, its cool and all but it all translates into downtime and annoyance when you go into Mythic + and one player glitches or misses a draft and they don't have dragon riding maxed out so you're ending up wasting so much time waiting for them to get to you. If the Updrafts refilled your dragon riding abilities, then that dungeon would be more tolerable but as it is thats the key im gonna be annoyed I get.

When does dragon riding get fun?
    Oh, just watch "How to Train Your Dragon".

if you wanna get it maxxed asap then i suggest having handy notes ready as with it you can get most of each zone done in like maybe 20 minutes depending on the zone and then use those glyphs to get more buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    From what I played on beta the only annoyance I have with Dragon Riding is using it in a dungeon. I get it, its cool and all but it all translates into downtime and annoyance when you go into Mythic + and one player glitches or misses a draft and they don't have dragon riding maxed out so you're ending up wasting so much time waiting for them to get to you. If the Updrafts refilled your dragon riding abilities, then that dungeon would be more tolerable but as it is thats the key im gonna be annoyed I get.
    Yeah using it in Nokhud was so stupid. Heck you can queue for the dungeon and not even have dragonriding . . .

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon flying is fun while it´s something new.

But in a daily reality it is actually annoying. Traditional flying is perfect in the sense that it´s a straight line A-B, constant and reliable way. You can even auto pilot. Nothing can beat this.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Guild Wars 2 still does it better, their flying mounts never have to wait to start flying again however they are more restricted in some ways.
    On the other hand, you have to put in quite a bit of work before you get your griffin or skyscale.

Which is not a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    No!
    No no no!
    No!
    Nonononononononononono!
    You like it you use it. Good for you. But give me my ordinary, I can AFK mount, so I can go from place a to place b. Not everything needs to be a game. What next? You need to keep doing a weird dance when you're walking and running.
    NO!

[edit]
    There is always a quirky feature in all expansions that feels to me a waste of time. It was Pet Battles, and the Farmville stuff in MoP, the little Plants vs Zombies stuff. I'd lump in Garrisons that were really annoying and all encompassing, then the artifact stuff in legion that haven't ever gone away, and the sucky new systems to learn. UGH!
    At least Dragon Riding seems to be the least intrusive of these types of features.
    What I'm really enjoying about this expansion is that besides Dragon Riding I'll only need to learn my class and kill stuff.
    And you'll get your flying in patch 10.X just like every other expansion since WoD so dw!

My only complaint with dragon riding so far is that a lot of nodes are placed in terrain that is anything but level and it is very hard to approach the area with the finesse required to land and not slide down (given that you never really know what the actual terrain is in WoW given that what you see and what exists doesn't ever match).

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    I'd just save the apex one for last but the others seem pretty easy to reach with 4 vigor. Use up all your vigor on consecutive vertical skyward ascents (make sure you wait until the animation, 2 wing flaps, is finished before using it again otherwise the new one will clip the previous one it and you won't get as high) and if you don't end up high enough level to -5 degree, circle to wait it out and recharge a vigor bubble and use it again. And once you're up there (wherever that may be) the next glyph will probably be downwards so easy to reach while recharging vigor.

That also would work for the apex one but it would take a much longer time than necessary.

Another reason to save apex for last is I hope to be able to dismount some allies trying to climb it. I may spend a bit of time there.
    That is the most evil plan I am 100% gonna copy ngl.

- - - Updated - - -

My only complaint with dragon riding so far is that a lot of nodes are placed in terrain that is anything but level and it is very hard to approach the area with the finesse required to land and not slide down (given that you never really know what the actual terrain is in WoW given that what you see and what exists doesn't ever match).
    I also wish for immersion's sake you had some form of "airbrake"/immediate stop button so I wasn't brutally smashing my dragon at 930% movement speed into the ground whenever I land the poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I also wish for immersion's sake you had some form of "airbrake"/immediate stop button so I wasn't brutally smashing my dragon at 930% movement speed into the ground whenever I land the poor thing.
    I mean you cannot break in air at that speed. If the poor drake tried to pull wings back at that velocity, they'd break their wings and just fall down.

I mean you cannot break in air at that speed. If the poor drake tried to pull wings back at that velocity, they'd break their wings and just fall down.
    Yeah naturally to be realistic it would be a slowing down gradually but that's asking too much imo, I would just rather the drake make an unrealistic "brakes from supersonic speeds to stop mid-air within 1 yard" than smash into the ground. But it's by all means 1000% a pet peeve

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this is a lie, most of the glyphs are near questing areas,
    Its not a Lie, its my Personal Experience, and maybe they shifted them Around a bit. Maybe you shouldn´t confuse:
    "Average Player, with Highly Optimized Routes and Knowledge".

Just because a Speedrunner can beat a game in like 30minutes doesnt mean it takes the average player only 1h.
    Furthermore, the way most of the Glyphs are placed, (THIS INCLUDES the one near Questhubs/Starting Area etc) makes it annoying and much more Time Consuming to collect them for people who didnt do DragonRiding before. (Again if they didnt Improve/change stuff since I´ve done it) Because you need to Land/Take a Break on small and slippery surfaces.

Maybe I should also just call out all the people who say: "Hurr durr, it takes 1Hour for all" as Liars. Because when I did it. The last one alone took me 3 Hours, because of the shit spots I needed to land between climbing (They Might have changed/improved it now, dunno). There were several others who worked on it at the same time, and took Longer or at least the same time.

(I Really hate this Trend: "Huh, his personal Experience/Opinion is different, ... it can only be 'HE`S LYING!'")

"Near Questing Areas" is also relative. They are still like 100m up, and not where you would look. So you need to Actively look for the Glyphs if you dont know where they are.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2022-10-11 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There's actually a Dragonriding perk that turns a high-speed landing like that into an AoE attack, as it becomes a sort of ground stomp that damages enemies you land near allowing you to get the drop on them. I had a lot of fun with that in the Azure Span just sort of dive-bombing quests mobs and rares when I'd see them on the map.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There's actually a Dragonriding perk that turns a high-speed landing like that into an AoE attack, as it becomes a sort of ground stomp that damages enemies you land near allowing you to get the drop on them. I had a lot of fun with that in the Azure Span just sort of dive-bombing quests mobs and rares when I'd see them on the map.
    It also disorient enemies for 3 seconds. I use it because I like my landings in outposts in the middle of enemy players to be loud and annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    It also disorient enemies for 3 seconds. I use it because I like my landings in outposts in the middle of enemy players to be loud and annoying.
    It's a pretty cool perk for using your mount as a battering ram, yeah. If they introduce a PvP-type scenario where Dragonriding is a key part of the combat I think that would be really cool.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

And you'll get your flying in patch 10.X just like every other expansion since WoD so dw!
    I'm fine with that. My response was to somebody that suggested they should do away with the old flying mode altogether and implement everything as dragon riding. I've been trying out the dragon riding feature for a few days and still don't see what about it is all that fun. It's useful every 5 minutes. Beats not having any flying at all. But it's a bit a chore trying to reach the place you want to and suddenly you're out of skills and you just vertically fall down. I know I'm doing something wrong I just can't figure out what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i think you confuse that with dracthyr racial

- - - Updated - - -

afaik flypoints are present on dragon isles, you can use those and afk while flying all you want
    or instead of flying for 2+ mins and afk while doing so you can dragonride the same distance in 30s and then go afk for the time you saved

but even though i like it very much, i do agree that dragonriding shouldnt really replace "classic" flying, having both is fine, most people will use dragonriding anyway as its fun and more convenient
    That is indeed true. I assumed that racial was the equivalent of dragon riding mounts for dracthyr and had the same cooldown. My bad.

Flight points don't really replace afk riding, because the flight points are usually miles away from your real desired destination.

Also AFKing in a safe place in the sky while you get the door, answer the phone, remember you left food on the stove 2 hours ago, see your kid that threw themselves out the window or go get your poop on is not really something to sneer at.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    On the other hand, you have to put in quite a bit of work before you get your griffin or skyscale.

Which is not a complaint.
    True, but it feels great when you unlock them.

From what I have seen Dragon Riding looks like a hybrid of the Griffin/Skyscale from GW2. It looks fun to me but GW2 spoiled me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    the ground mounts are definitely better but I personally think the DF dragons feel/fly better than the GW2 equivalent.
    I mean once you get used to them in GW2 they are great.

The biggest issue with WoW is the lack of actual world content people care about. WoW needs proper map events with useful rewards in all zones. If they grew some balls they could make the game so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean once you get used to them in GW2 they are great.

The biggest issue with WoW is the lack of actual world content people care about. WoW needs proper map events with useful rewards in all zones. If they grew some balls they could make the game so much better.
    There are map events in DF. But world events are pretty boring, even in Gw2, since you either have sufficient people to zerg them or you don't. I found most of them kinda fun once, but the game has no power rewards structure so they get old fast.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    There are map events in DF. But world events are pretty boring, even in Gw2, since you either have sufficient people to zerg them or you don't. I found most of them kinda fun once, but the game has no power rewards structure so they get old fast.
    The vast majority of players in MMO's value cosmetics over power.