10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Okay but like...

Season 4 ends on October 25th. Does that mean prepatch is that day also? Or that the prepatch is actually a week later?
    Prepatch is almost certainly going to come out that day, that's how this usually works.

I'm curious if they'll be able to fix some of the UI bugs in that time. There seems to be a ton of bugs with how the UI displays targeting & damage in my testing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    As expected, 25th October. I would like to see launch of event/Evoker though. They told us it will last 2 weeks, but would be strange if we will get 3 weeks of nothing, 1 is enough.

Yes, it's same thing. What would be the point of non-season week in 9.2.7? Just to piss people working for KSM?
    November 15th
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope not, Evoker needs to be release at the same time as prepatch

after ~3 hours on the beta my game has hard crashed 41 times. inventory seems broken, half my bag slots appear empty when they are not. doing any kind of gear comparing in bags or on the character pane with weapons is an instant crash. lots of massive frame drops going from 144 solid down to 50 for a half second and then back.

drac'thyr riding mounts look real silly. why soar isn't just a racial travel form akin to druid forms i'll never understand. could easily see the "hover" ability to function like a ground-based travel form. I hate looking at it this big dragon-thing with wings riding a horse so much that I have the auto-visage form on and hotkeyed it in case it just doesnt work.

using deep breath on anything but a perfectly flat surface is a 50/50 gamble on whether it works or if you just hover in place like an idiot doing absolutely nothing

combat on the evoker seems ok at first glance, havent really experimented with any recommended builds and probably have a less than ideal setup. easy to run away from shit if you pull too much unless you're trying to use your 50/50 deep breath as an escape.

dragonriding is pretty cool. better than old style air swimming for sure. i have 0 upgrades, or maybe 1, and haven't come across a time where I feel stuck or waiting on CDs to be able to go anywhere. You can fly for a really long time, maybe indefinitely idk, if you use your abilities well and don't stall yourself out. I'm sure it will be easier to do so with more vigor and stuff later on. It would be cool if the dragonriding mounts were castable mid-air since they have that little swooping in animation when you mount up. Prob won't happen but would be cool and add a bit of fun.

would also be nice if the visage and drac'thyr forms had completely separate tmogs too, armor on the dragons looks weird AF to me, but to get rid of it I have to hide the belt, shoulders, and helm(?) on the visage form to have them be hidden on the drac'thyr form. Didn't spend a ton of time on this so it might actually be possible to do that, I just didn't see how when I looked at it.

other than that it just seems like more WoW, which is fine by me. The crashing constantly, the UI errors and the frame drops make me wonder how ready this expansion actually is to ship, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hope not, Evoker needs to be release at the same time as prepatch
    Not happening.

We'll get it 2 weeks in advance as per usual.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not happening.

We'll get it 2 weeks in advance as per usual.
    "as per usual" is based on one occurence with demon hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    "as per usual" is based on one occurence with demon hunters.
    precisely.

Formerly known as Arafal

Come to think of it, I wonder if Dracthyr visage forms looking like humans/elves is not actually a "lore error" but a hint that Neltharion was still designing them after the Sundering/disappearance of the Isles. If he could still access the Isles after his imprisonment this would be very possible.

I know WHY they are like that (most popular races) but the lore for their visages is kept a mystery and actually highlighted as one ingame, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    precisely.
    Do I smell....a PATTERN???
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Do I smell....a PATTERN???
    "The pattern submits to MY, POWER!"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I wonder if Elune helped Freya "install" the Emerald Dream if we are to believe the Titan perspective of Chronicle. Or the Emerald Dream is like Ardenweald in that it's a section of the "Lifelands" with Elune being it's Eternal One, just the Titan's took credit for using it? And the Natural flow of Souls is Reality > Death, but the Ardenweald/Emerald Dream link is either an unintentional or intentional bypass to make sure that SOME souls return to Reality, so it becomes Reality > Death > Life > Reality and so on?
    I think this is one of those things that the players are thinking about infinitely more than the actual writers. Especially when we're invested in "all eras" of lore, whereas they tend to only think about the here and now. In your current job, do you care about what the guy who had your role was doing 20 years ago? I think the current team has much of that same attitude. There isn't some 40 year master plan - they're going by the seat of their pants. And to be fair, they always have! They've never had to, essentially, audit their lore before. And I don't think they care to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Come to think of it, I wonder if Dracthyr visage forms looking like humans/elves is not actually a "lore error" but a hint that Neltharion was still designing them after the Sundering/disappearance of the Isles. If he could still access the Isles after his imprisonment this would be very possible.

I know WHY they are like that (most popular races) but the lore for their visages is kept a mystery and actually highlighted as one ingame, so...
    Visage forms are a choice, Chromie choses to be a female Gnome, she could also chose to appear as a Drenai or a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
    Its not a genetic physical trait.

its very simple why they only have choice out of 1 male and 1 female form.
    Its easier to design.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Visage forms are a choice, Chromie choses to be a female Gnome, she could also chose to appear as a Drenai or a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
    Its not a genetic physical trait.

its very simple why they only have choice out of 1 male and 1 female form.
    Its easier to design.
    Dracthyr are not dragons.

Dracthyr are not dragons.
    not relevant. You can spin your head round until it pops off, doesn't change that its simply because its easier for Blizzard.
    The end.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I think this is one of those things that the players are thinking about infinitely more than the actual writers. Especially when we're invested in "all eras" of lore, whereas they tend to only think about the here and now. In your current job, do you care about what the guy who had your role was doing 20 years ago? I think the current team has much of that same attitude. There isn't some 40 year master plan - they're going by the seat of their pants. And to be fair, they always have! They've never had to, essentially, audit their lore before. And I don't think they care to.
    Life magic has infinitely more lore these days than it was before (titans/elune(?) did it) so they are absolutely doing more these days. This is not about what the old lore was, this is about what the new lore is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    not relevant. You can spin your head round until it pops off, doesn't change that its simply because its easier for Blizzard.
    The end.
    I was speaking about lore AND game reasons in my original post, we agree on why they did it for the game.

Your "visage forms are a choice" argument is wrong and that is what I addressed. It is not a choice because they are not dragons.

Was the Dragonflight novel cancelled or what happened to it? I haven't seen anything from it, it was supposed to come out November 22, but the Amazon listing changed to nothingness releasing in 2026.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Your "visage forms are a choice" argument is wrong and that is what I addressed. It is not a choice because they are not dragons.
    Where has it been stated or how would it make sense that visage form is not a choice? The whole concept of visage form is they are shaping their appearance with magic...

Lorewise it makes sense that most of the dragons would have previously taken elf forms and the dracthyr would have simply followed along before they were sealed away. After that it would be blizzard logic that we can't have everyone being taurens and gnomes as it would ruin Chromie and Ebonhorn's uniqueness.
    Last edited by Voidling; 2022-10-11 at 07:08 PM.

Neither Wrathion or Ebonhorn appear to make such a distinction.

To Dracthyr : "A visage form is a expression of how you wish to wish to be seen by others. It is a personal choice you alone can make"

Ebonhorn : " I chose my form because I wished to live quietly among the Highmountain Tauren. Your choice will be your own"
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-10-11 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Djaradin are an interesting case actually. They are more like Predators and they just hunt down Dragons cause they are the worthiest hunt.
    Atal'ai already did that in Vanilla, you could get Dragon ribs and stew in Sunken temple. Kek
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Alternatively the simpler answer is:
    The Dracthyr didn’t have or didn’t know about their visage forms until they left the Forbidden Reach which is why Ebonhorn/Wrathion had to teach them.

For the alliance they could’ve based their visage forms off of Wrathion.
    Idk about horde maybe they saw an elf when they were walking around Orgrimmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk