Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Literally anyone that did AOTC in shadowlands can do a m+20. My 1 raids a week hc guild all have 20-25's across the board. The problem with comparing m+ and raid is the accesability. Short dungeons of around 30 minutes of 5 people are infinitely more accessible to repetition and practise then 20 man raids that take hours of practise just for 1 kill.
    I did say "at any stage of mythic raid progression that matters". It's true that many AOTC people can do +20s towards the end of a major patch/expansion, boosted by the raid/vault gear that they already got, together with knowing the dungeon by heart from repetition and copying strategies from others, but that's not when it matters. Much less as the scaling will also go up in Dragonflight and even DF +15s will be significantly harder than SL +15s.

It's early to say, but by the looks of it, it's unlikely anyone will feel "forced" to do +20s per week to not be left behind, that will only happen in Hall of Fame guilds pretty much, and at that point, raiders love to get as good gear as possible by any means necessary challenging as they may be, it's part of the thrill of playing WoW all together.

Literally anyone that did AOTC in shadowlands can do a m+20. My 1 raids a week hc guild all have 20-25's across the board. The problem with comparing m+ and raid is the accesability. Short dungeons of around 30 minutes of 5 people are infinitely more accessible to repetition and practise then 20 man raids that take hours of practise just for 1 kill.
    This won't be the case in DF. When you cleared heroic raid in SL, you could farm 15's to get mythic raiding gear to clear the 20's. Now you can't. 15's will drop the same gear as heroic and to get the gear most poeple will need to clear 20's. you need to clear mythic raid or 20 keys. You can't overgear it anymore like you could in the past

This change will also make a lot of guilds and heroic raiders not get AOTC anymore. As they can't use 15's to overgear it

Blizzard wants people to be able to keep their raid progression going, because they have talked many many times in the past about how a wall just makes people quit and not come back.
    If Heroic guilds are getting less 'free' Mythic gear to keep their progression going Blizzard will simply nerf the dungeon more as time goes on, just like they did in the past before 'free' M+ handouts.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

As someone who regularly pushes 20+ keys I am glad that I will get better gear for the effort and am excited for the challenge new the m+ will bring. That being said, I do feel like this change will drive players away from the game like others have stated, particular those without either time time, skill or effort to reach the top of this more difficult m+ ladder. I'm a bit conflicted on it but I would be just as happy if the system stayed the same and completing highers keys had "torghast esque" rewards at the end like chances at mounts/titles etc.

i dont mind 20s at all. they gotta balance classes better tho. the ability to get into a 20 as a resto shaman compared to my monk was drastically different. insta invites as a shaman with a 3k score. i would wait upwards of an hour to get into a group healing on my monk with a comparable score to my shaman. pushing to get into keys i needed for a score id apply to groups so much they would edit there listings to say "resto shaman only apply".

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure that when 24% of profiles have got AotC Jailer right now and only 5.5% of people on raider I.O have a score of over 2400 which is timing all 20 keys. My I.O score is 2490 right now with ++23 keys but lets not pretend that timing 20 keys is easy because it is not. This change is going to shut out over 93% of the player base of WoW from getting the highest gear they can possibly get. To me this is a bad change. I would much rather have my portals or special mounts or other goodies for pushing over 20 keys. You are going to see a massive drop off in mythic plus participation in DF.

Quote Originally Posted by deathsreaper View Post
    How do you figure that when 24% of profiles have got AotC Jailer right now and only 5.5% of people on raider I.O have a score of over 2400 which is timing all 20 keys. My I.O score is 2490 right now with ++23 keys but lets not pretend that timing 20 keys is easy because it is not. This change is going to shut out over 93% of the player base of WoW from getting the highest gear they can possibly get. To me this is a bad change. I would much rather have my portals or special mounts or other goodies for pushing over 20 keys. You are going to see a massive drop off in mythic plus participation in DF.
    Following this logic, does the existence of mythic raids make heroic raid participation completely fall off since there is a higher ceiling most people can’t/won’t do?

Quote Originally Posted by deathsreaper View Post
    Why would people even try to time 20 keys when all they care about is doing some 15's for vault?

You can't compare those numbers when there is no reason to get one of them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Duese View Post
    Ok, let's agree not to make bullshit claims shall we? No, people are not hitting max level and then stepping right into +15's unless they are being carried.

you are maybe a Casual but ill still explain you the gearing route of Good players:

in 9.0 we did the frist 2 weeks of +0 and got 190 ilvl, in the first lockout on M+ we did 1+2 1+5 1+8 1+11 1+13 and open end +15-16s this was the hard route by the end of the week we were full 215+ilvl and 223+ilvl by the end of mythic week 1

nowdays you hit 60 buy crafted/lego 291/262 gear and strait up to +15s and if you cant to +15 with 270 ilvl then its "Hands Diff" or in WoW terms "skill issue"
    I.O BFA Season 3

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    you are maybe a Casual but ill still explain you the gearing route of Good players:

in 9.0 we did the frist 2 weeks of +0 and got 190 ilvl, in the first lockout on M+ we did 1+2 1+5 1+8 1+11 1+13 and open end +15-16s this was the hard route by the end of the week we were full 215+ilvl and 223+ilvl by the end of mythic week 1

nowdays you hit 60 buy crafted/lego 291/262 gear and strait up to +15s and if you cant to +15 with 270 ilvl then its "Hands Diff" or in WoW terms "skill issue"
    This. It's absolutely not difficult as a fresh 60 to get into +15 within the first week or, hell, even the first 3 days if you know your class. Truly, not difficult even in the slightest. If you don't feel this way, then you don't play M+. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post

9.0 path makes sense but nowadays no one is inviting a 270 illvl / 0 io character to a +15 unless they're desperate for a tank/healer. Maybe if you run your own keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is a godsend for the boosting community. I haven't really been interested in boosting before but with these rewards there's a legitimate incentive to boost 20s which will likely be extremely profitable.
    Also way harder than before. I mean, there will be plenty of teams able to carry one guy through a newly buffed 20 but i don't expect to be THAT many. Prices will increase a lot for sure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by -Multani- View Post
    Regarding affixes, I would rather they gutted Explosive which is extremely annoying as a ranged DPS on large packs.

Agree. Explosives ruins my whole metronome while healing. They shluld just make 1 expo spawn with more HP.