Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Better the melee dps dies than the tank, imo. Standing in the river is counterproductive to that.
    We actually ran 4 tanks on Patchwerk to account for this, never ended up being an issue tho.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Not on topic but Malygos and Sartharion are much easier on 25M than they are on 10 man.
    Blizzard admitted they screwed up the tuning between 10/25 way back in 2008. That's why you'll notice Ulduar 25-man bosses have 5 times as much HP as their 10-man counterparts instead of 3 times in tier 7. Their abilities also tend to affect a greater number of players on 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You know my totally accurate Naxxramas and beyond predictions!

-Immortal will be gotten by someone day 1.
    The sheer number of grammatical errors made in this single post is fucking wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    It's Hodir that does a lot of frost damage not Thorim.

Frost resist gear for the whole raid was considered bad even back when naxx was released. Its only Hodir and Sindragosa where tanks can opt in for frost resist gear since they usually have enough survivability from other gear and both bosses deal a lot of frost damage to the tank.
    It's never a good idea to go for frost resist on dps or healers though.
    You realize that people used frost resist gear on Thorim to cheese the frostbolt vollies and frost novas from Sif right?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    in the event that they do pull above the 3rd tank on aggro
    Ok I will walk it back, that is actually a reason to have lower health.

Although in my raids, given I'm on the more casual side, I would prefer no one stand in slime because:
    --It messes with Prayer of Mending bouncing between the tanks
    --It messes up parse analysis for healing
    --I want the DPS to know that if they get up to #3 on threat...they gonna DIE.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Although in my raids, given I'm on the more casual side, I would prefer no one stand in slime because:
    --It messes up parse analysis for healing
    --I want the DPS to know that if they get up to #3 on threat...they gonna DIE.
    Analyzing parses doesn't really come off as casual side imho. Also don't blame melee for tanks' issues. If your offtank can't keep up with threat and your healers can't top off the tanks then sry there are bigger issues.

We three tank the boss and have four healers the entire raid. Our MT is actually offtanking because he has the highest health pool. This minimizes the issue with DPS pulling aggro. Maybe this is helpful.