Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd imagine it's a placeholder for now that'll have more added eventually. They aren't too difficult to produce, considering it's just a bunch of songs stitched together with some transitions, so I can't imagine they'd cut it. Especially considering Blizzard officially uploaded BFA's and Shadowland's as promotional material leading up to their release, with full names and everything (Before the Storm and Through the Roof of the World).

I wouldn't worry until the expansion actually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    Are you guys really so passionless? The login screen music always tells the story of the expansion.
    Its Art. It used to be a quality art. Now its going downhill and its a shame.

Money, money, money...

Maybe we are getting what we deserve after all..
    It’s always been a combination of sounds from the different zones etc., stuff which still isn’t available in-game for Dragonblight yet. The actual “theme” for the expansion has never been super long until it loops into all of that anyway most people hear about 30 seconds of it before logging in anyway, not including the people who tend to have the sound turned right down.

It’s a lot of man-baby whinging over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? You are now complaining about the length of a god damn piece of background music in login screen which is pretty much not even used anymore since you are logged in automatically. I just.. can't.

- - - Updated - - -

So. A lot of off topic, pure misunderstandment and lack of passion. gg. we dont ask, they dont deliver. peace.
    No, players ask for actual stuff that has meaning and isn't just pointless (or at least sometimes). Why would people have to be super passionate about a login screen music?

So. A lot of off topic, pure misunderstandment and lack of passion. gg. we dont ask, they dont deliver. peace.
    No, it's a lot of over reacting over music being a normal length.

It's people getting exhausted with negativity about literally anything in the game. There is no "but if they're cutting corners on this...!" because OST length isn't what matters, it's the actual quality of it. If the song is good, they just loop it on repeat and it's fine. There's no need to make a 15 minute long song that slightly changes how it sounds every 4 minutes and barely anyone is going to listen to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Probably just placeholder.
    My thought as well.

Shadowlands' login screen followed the ~3-minute mark by mixing the main leitmotifs of Oribos and the four Covenant zones into the theme, methinks they may have done the same for DF's login theme, and cut it short since the zone music in DF hasn't been formally revealed yet.

Time will tell.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

The music quality dropped like a rock after WoD. I am hard pressed to remember any music from BFA and Shadowlands. Dragonflight's login suite sounds doesn't make me excited for DF's soundtrack at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How many people are sitting on the login screen for more than 3 minutes?
    I do. I actually care about my video games having great music.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys really so passionless? The login screen music always tells the story of the expansion.

Money, money, money...

Maybe we are getting what we deserve after all..
    You're talking to Americans who have been raised with an appreciation for music.

So i guess they cut corners in music department aswell now. Its sad, really. Login screen themes featured an expansion theme and zone/faction themes. Usually around 10 minutes mark of pure epicness. Dragonflight? 3 minutes short.
    Long login screen music is needed only in case of long server queues. It no longer happens.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Are you saying art is about lenght? The longer something is, the more arty it is...?

if you think quality of music is in its lenght then you know nothing about art...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-10-12 at 06:43 AM.

OP ever heard about loop?

The score itself is dogshit, but it's not because of the length.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if you thing quality of music is in its lenght then you know nothing about art...
    Quality > quantity is a misnomer. You want quality and quantity, of which this has neither.

this whining shows you CLEARLY never listened to whole login screen music before, as its always shorth expansion theme (pretty much what we have now) with zones music attached to it, which afaik is not available yet, but even if it was WHY attach it to login screen "theme"? we are in login screen for few seconds not over 3 minutes... and the "rest" is available elsewhere ingame, so what they "dont deliver" (yet, for all we know) is few minutes of stitching the pieces together, thats it...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-10-12 at 06:50 AM.

Of all the things to get angry about you choose.... this?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

-OP

Sorry but who even see the login screen these days, i click play in battlenet see login screen flicker for a sec and then see the character screen.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah, because it's a waste of money lmao. You skip the login screen these days anyway
    No. You will want to listen to it. Besides, this is a feature, you cannot just remove a feature your customers were getting for nearly 2 decades. It´s a clear sign of dropping a service quality, basics of business 1.0 really.

It´s another little pragment of the game´s soul thrown away.

Excellect products are not only excellect because of their own qualities, but also because of the details around them, the extra luxury wrapping them. When you take that luxury away, you remove a bit of your excellence. Imagine if RR decides to drop their car wheels for standard wheels... This is about the same here.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-10-12 at 07:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Of ALL the things to complain about, this surely takes the cake.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I don't even play in-game sound since.... fuck I'm getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Of ALL the things to complain about, this surely takes the cake.
    This login gave me "Arthas returning from northrend" vibes, mixed with the gladiator scene of Commodus returning to Rome.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i guess they cut corners in music department aswell now. Its sad, really. Login screen themes featured an expansion theme and zone/faction themes. Usually around 10 minutes mark of pure epicness. Dragonflight? 3 minutes short.

I wouldn't call that cutting corners, I would call that cost management. Players just aren't commonly sitting on login for 8+ minutes, and if you do, then you are most likely not looking at the screen anyways. Using the budget for a 10-minute intro theme is wasteful, and this music, while shorter, to me, is still epic - there isn't a need for it to be longer. As well, nowadays, you barely see the login screen unless you disconnect.

As for other comments you have made, this theme does NOT sound passionless, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

They've delivered might fine I believe. Their soundtracks have always been glorious and epic, there are just things people prefer more than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Long login screen music is needed only in case of long server queues. It no longer happens.
    Well, to be honest, there were login queues during Shadowlands as well, even with the servers being much larger than they used to be. There have been login queues for all expansions. Heck, during WoD, the wife and I could go for dinner and a movie, and still come back to the queue in time to be number 4000. The shortest queue I've ever had was during Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Quality > quantity is a misnomer. You want quality and quantity, of which this has neither.
    Wait, so, this epic sound has no quality nor quantity, yet you have heard it, so it still does have a quantity, as for the quality, that is personal taste.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..