Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No. You will want to listen to it. Besides, this is a feature, you cannot just remove a feature your customers were getting for nearly 2 decades. It´s a clear sign of dropping a service quality, basics of business 1.0 really.

It´s another little pragment of the game´s soul thrown away.
    Literally can not say that in my more than 35 years playing video games that I have ever "wanted" to listen to start screen music for longer than about 20 seconds. Ever. Like, not even once have I ever intentionally fired up a game solely so I could just sit there and listen to the launch screen background music play. I mean, christ, half the time I play games on the PC these days I play them with the sound turned off entirely so I can play my own music in the background instead.

It's also practically insulting to refer to the Launch Screen background music as a "feature", as if it's comparable to an actual, meaningful feature in the game, and not straight up practically meaningless windowdressing.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-10-12 at 08:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    So. A lot of off topic, pure misunderstandment and lack of passion. gg. we dont ask, they dont deliver. peace.
    Bro you lied it is not the shortest login screen music ever, and its not even complete, nor does it matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It’s always been a combination of sounds from the different zones etc., stuff which still isn’t available in-game for Dragonblight yet. The actual “theme” for the expansion has never been super long until it loops into all of that anyway most people hear about 30 seconds of it before logging in anyway, not including the people who tend to have the sound turned right down.

It’s a lot of man-baby whinging over nothing.
    30 seconds? bro how long you taking to log in? if mine takes more then 5 seconds something is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No. You will want to listen to it. Besides, this is a feature, you cannot just remove a feature your customers were getting for nearly 2 decades. It´s a clear sign of dropping a service quality, basics of business 1.0 really.

It´s another little pragment of the game´s soul thrown away.

Excellect products are not only excellect because of their own qualities, but also because of the details around them, the extra luxury wrapping them. When you take that luxury away, you remove a bit of your excellence. Imagine if RR decides to drop their car wheels for standard wheels... This is about the same here.
    this cant be a real post lol, they are not removing anything, you cant be serious...

The login screen music has 1 custom song, that is true for EVERY EXPANSION and it is usually 2-3 minutes long, vanillas was not even 2 minutes for example.

(for wotlk to shadowlands, vanilla and tbc just played the 1 login song then repeated) Then after that it swaps to a couple different zones songs.

The zone songs for dragonflight have not been revealed yet, so they havent been added to the login screen, and even if they dont we arnt "losing music" we are still getting the exact same amount of music, just only new music is on login, not new+reused zone music.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Actually, I quite like the theme for Dragonflight's login, though I can't help feel that they should have emphasized that classic symphony that all the login theme's do - don't get me wrong, its there, just feels subdued. Also, needs Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    How many people are sitting on the login screen for more than 3 minutes?
    Me, I enjoy listening to the login theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Actually, I quite like the theme for Dragonflight's login, though I can't help feel that they should have emphasized that classic symphony that all the login theme's do - don't get me wrong, its there, just feels subdued. Also, needs Dragons.

Me, I enjoy listening to the login theme.
    good, so now you ONLY need to hear the login theme, and not the login theme, and then 3 random zones music.

I don't think it needed to be 10 minutes long, but if you listen closely it's just the usual arrangement + the cinematic OST.

I was hoping for a little bit more.

its allright enough. Will never get close to the first ones, but thats OK. Never spend alot of time anymore on login screen.

In game music though - thats important to me. I am one of those that mostly prefer to play with ingame music on, and not use other music while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Quality > quantity is a misnomer.
    lets pretend thats what i actualy said, i didnt, but lets pretend for the fun of it

have you heard any previous "login screen music" in its whole?
    its short unique piece - something like we got now - and zones music stitched on top of it...
    so its not less in quantity (other music will still be there, and actualy might get patched to the end of this too)...
    as for quality, to each their own, "quality" of art is HIGHLY subjective...

10+ Year Old Account
    Beethoven wrote symphonies that were 25 minutes long and other symphonies that run over 50 minutes. The most famous two of all are the 5th which generally runs about 32 minutes and the 9th which runs about 70.

It's a bullshit premise, this thread. Find something real to complain about. Especially given that most people never hear more than 40-60 seconds of this.

Whether it's any good or not, whether it evokes some emotional response, is up to the listener. It's fine not to like it. It's complete BS to say it's due to cutting corners which is something that no one here could possibly know for sure. Jesus fucking Christ on a stick.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-10-12 at 08:22 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

And, ofc, still no Dragons on the login screen, not even in the distance.

Damn, I was hoping it would be 12 mins long or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bro you lied it is not the shortest login screen music ever, and its not even complete, nor does it matter.
    Source? The game is a month and a half from release.

BTW to all the people saying "well no one is staying on the login screen nowdays so there's no reason to make it this long."

Please remind me again, when did people, for all of WoW's 18 years have ever took 10 minutes to log in into the game?

Even before the instant login, no one took more than a few seconds to write their passwords to enter the game. Disconnected? The music starts from the beginning, again, same thing.

The only time it's valid is when there's a massive queue or people are creating their characters. So no, that excuse makes absolutely zero sense.

Anyway, hope future themes are longer. Maybe this one is as short as the classic one because it's a new beginning/chapter/book or whatever.

The only thing remarkable about these login screens is that expansion's specific take on the main WoW theme. I skipped to around the halfway mark in the 10 min BfA login screen youtube video, and it was just straight-up playing Boralus/Kul Tiras music. Ditto for Shadowlands one, and it has Maldraxxus and Venthyr themes. Didn't bother going further back than that (mostly because I've forgotten what the specific zone music sounds like of previous expansions), but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to think that they'll edit in additional songs from Dragonflight zones to prevent this one from looping too early, just like those do.

tl;dr - This isn't a big deal in the slightest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Why would it be a problem regardless, if zone/city music did play? While players in game may just skip it (wasn't really an issue for Blizz for many years regardless), the zone/city themes in the login music gave off a taste of what was to come for the expansions music and vibes. That was the point. Besides, we don't know if this is the full theme, or if it's a placeholder or what, and even if it's not, I think some people have a right to at least feel a LITTLE cheated off a login theme of proper length, that has been rather consistent since 3.0...
    Except it wasnt a "login theme of proper length" it was a login theme, and then a bunch of various zone songs back to back.
    but yes its likely the rest of the songs will come when the actual music is put ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Source? The game is a month and a half from release.
    "Source"
    Are you shitting me?
    You really think dragon flight is going to release with ZERO music?
    Cause idk if you know, but none of the zones, raids, dungeons, have music.
    this login screen music is the FIRST music we have gotten.

I'm sure many have heard the login themes in their entirety. In fact, many fans do so while being offline also...
    then i refer you to rest of the post you quoted past first sentance...

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure many have heard the login themes in their entirety. In fact, many fans do so while being offline also...

Why? Cause they want to listen to the login music...
    So listen to the login music, and then listen to a playlist of all the new expansions zone music, and you will have the EXACT same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Source"
    Are you shitting me?
    You really think dragon flight is going to release with ZERO music?
    Cause idk if you know, but none of the zones, raids, dungeons, have music.
    this login screen music is the FIRST music we have gotten.
    But I never said that. I'm legit asking if someone from Blizz or something said that the login screen is unfinished. Just because the zone music isn't in the game doesn't mean that when it's added it's also going to be added to the login theme. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall them ever releasing the login theme on Beta in an unfinished state, it was always the final product.

Would argue this is a real thing to have issue with...

A half baked theme or a likely half baked expac? Just saying...
    half baked how, by not attaching the music from zones to the end like it was in previous expansions? bcs thats how this "login screen music" get to be longer previously, they didnt do it in vanila, where it was SHORTER than in DF and in tbc where it was "remix" of vanila...
    other times it was short unique theme + zones music, which afaik is not even done yet so maybe it will actualy be stitched to end, if not its still there in zones...

this is like complaining the CD you got is not compilation of all its songs and then unique songs, just the unique songs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    have you heard any previous "login screen music" in its whole?
    Yes. Several times. And not just by listening to them on Youtube. Sitting there with the game on.

Tbh they should just scrap the login screens. The only memory of login screen people have recently is login queues/disconnects from bugs from a decade ago. Why waste time even making them? I would prefer if they maybe moved the login screen art to the actual bnet launcher instead.