10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the most recent episode, I can't help but notice how much Daredevil has changed. Like his whole personality felt different.

Today I was thinking, though I doubt he would actually be, but perhaps he is a Skrull.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    list 5 super successful female comedians
    Chelsea Peretti
    Taylor Tomlinson
    Whitney Cummings
    Nikki Glaser
    Ali Wong
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Watching the most recent episode, I can't help but notice how much Daredevil has changed. Like his whole personality felt different.

Today I was thinking, though I doubt he would actually be, but perhaps he is a Skrull.
    The only thing that really changed for Matt was that he's no longer suffering from his crippling levels of self-destructive anger. This is more "the real Matt Murdock" than the Netflix show was, and that show was largely about everyone in Matt's life trying to get him to work through that and stop trying to get himself killed. And by the end, he basically had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only thing that really changed for Matt was that he's no longer suffering from his crippling levels of self-destructive anger. This is more "the real Matt Murdock" than the Netflix show was, and that show was largely about everyone in Matt's life trying to get him to work through that and stop trying to get himself killed. And by the end, he basically had.
    One thing that stood out, was how quick he was to give up his secret identity. That was very out of character for him. Walking around during daylight as Daredevil as well was out of character. And him just being more silly also felt out of character for him.

I get that it fits the vibe of the show, but it felt off putting to me to see him acting quite differently from the Matt Murdoc we knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that stood out, was how quick he was to give up his secret identity. That was very out of character for him.
    I mean, Jen knew Matt (briefly). And she grabbed him and yanked his mask off. So the cat was kinda out of the bag at that point.

Walking around during daylight as Daredevil as well was out of character. And him just being more silly also felt out of character for him.
    As opposed to what? He doesn't have other clothes. Nothing Jen has would fit him. He probably doesn't even have a wallet with him to pay for a cab. And he's supposed to be blind, so if he's not costumed, and anyone who knows him recognizes him, it'll be super suspicious how he's managing to cope without his cane.

Nobody in LA is hunting Daredevil and he isn't breaking laws (that the police are aware about at this point, at least), so wearing the suit's just the only real option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I found a little strange, was how careless She-Hulk is. She is a lawyer, one of the Best Female Lawyers of the Year. Yet had no second thought to destroying private and public property. She doesn't have a disguise, so any witnesses or video evidence of her throwing cars, and smashing property would be undoubtedly damning. As a lawyer, you'd think it would be something she would be very careful of. I get the later scene where she raged a bit and broke things, but this was where she was supposed to be 100% in control of herself. Thought that was a little strange.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Jen knew Matt (briefly). And she grabbed him and yanked his mask off. So the cat was kinda out of the bag at that point.

As opposed to what? He doesn't have other clothes. Nothing Jen has would fit him. He probably doesn't even have a wallet with him to pay for a cab. And he's supposed to be blind, so if he's not costumed, and anyone who knows him recognizes him, it'll be super suspicious how he's managing to cope without his cane.
    Maybe slipping out at night? Where he could head to the rooftops and use the cover of darkness to sneak away without being seen in broad daylight.

But the show wanted a him to do the 'walk of shame'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe slipping out at night? Where he could head to the rooftops and use the cover of darkness to sneak away without being seen in broad daylight.

Why bother? Like I said, the cops aren't looking for Daredevil for anything, he's just a weirdo in a suit. In a setting where there's increasing numbers of D-tier superpowered types, like Leapfrog, running around. What reason would Matt have to try and sneak off?

As a shrill, he also slept with her to take her blood. That would be a hilarious and ridiculous running gag to try to keep going.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea Peretti
    Taylor Tomlinson
    Whitney Cummings
    Nikki Glaser
    Ali Wong
    I said successful. Only person I've even heard on that list is Whitney Cummings. Might be my own ignorance but those names are certainly not house hold names. Props for at least naming 5 and presumably people still alive and didn't have to go back to the 50s though. But the point is stand up is brutal for female comedians so it's not surprising you don't get to Chris Rock, Kevin Hart levels where you can have movie deals and comedy specials. Best the likes of tina fey Amy polhmer can hope for is hosting the Oscars and the odd comedy movie/tv and they are the exceptions. But I guess it's hate mongering to point out basics of reality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    No one is under any obligation to help you justify your dumbass "derr, but women not funny tho" assertion for you.
    No you'll just do the normal mmo thing to do and argue in bad faith, deny reality and ultimately resort to name calling as per usual
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Why bother? Like I said, the cops aren't looking for Daredevil for anything, he's just a weirdo in a suit. In a setting where there's increasing numbers of D-tier superpowered types, like Leapfrog, running around. What reason would Matt have to try and sneak off?
    There's a reason they're D-tier, they're probably not smart, inexperienced, and likely do stupid things in general, as was demonstrated by Leapfrog basically being a clown. The problem we have with DD, She-Hulk, and frankly a lot of the people as written in the MCU as of late is that they're supposed to be smart to some degree yet do insanely stupid things or take risks that they wouldn't if they were written as an actual character. As is the case with pretty much all the writing in She-Hulk, it's an attempt to reach a certain goal, make certain statements/messages, or portray certain events with little to no thought put into whether it makes sense for the characters to act in the manner that they do.

I think that's the most ironically funny thing about the She-Hulk show: I know perfectly well what the writers are going for as subtlety is not their strong suit, but it's done to such an inept level that it undermines or counters their own goals constantly. The show itself is a perfect example of demonstrating that writing a good comedy show actually takes good writing talent to execute, otherwise the best you can get is people laughing in disbelief at how bad the show is. To come back full circle, the show is basically Leapfrog: D-tier content where everyone's laughing at how bad it is while it's trying to be smart and interesting and thinking it's worthy of A/S-tier status.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    There's a reason they're D-tier, they're probably not smart, inexperienced, and likely do stupid things in general, as was demonstrated by Leapfrog basically being a clown. The problem we have with DD, She-Hulk, and frankly a lot of the people as written in the MCU as of late is that they're supposed to be smart to some degree yet do insanely stupid things or take risks that they wouldn't if they were written as an actual character. As is the case with pretty much all the writing in She-Hulk, it's an attempt to reach a certain goal, make certain statements/messages, or portray certain events with little to no thought put into whether it makes sense for the characters to act in the manner that they do.
    What's "dumb" about Matt's "walk of shame"?

He's not being targeted. He's not even in the same city as his regular enemies, who likely don't know where he is. He's got literally nothing to be concerned about, walking in his Daredevil costume. There's borderline no risk, and I only allow that "borderline" because of the vanishingly remote chance some idiot supervillain decides to jump him hoping he's a superhero rather than just a dude with a costume.

I think that's the most ironically funny thing about the She-Hulk show: I know perfectly well what the writers are going for as subtlety is not their strong suit, but it's done to such an inept level that it undermines or counters their own goals constantly. The show itself is a perfect example of demonstrating that writing a good comedy show actually takes good writing talent to execute, otherwise the best you can get is people laughing in disbelief at how bad the show is. To come back full circle, the show is basically Leapfrog: D-tier content where everyone's laughing at how bad it is while it's trying to be smart and interesting and thinking it's worthy of A/S-tier status.
    Except there wasn't any "bad writing". This scene wasn't "bad writing". You just don't like it, and can't reasonably explain why out loud for some reason.

Again, it continues to be shown that the writers were smart enough to directly call out the bad-faith garbage posting that the show would generate, by writing it in a year before it even came out. Perfect prediction, because the bad-faith brigade effort is so cliche it's entirely predictable at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said successful. Only person I've even heard on that list is Whitney Cummings. Might be my own ignorance but those names are certainly not house hold names.
    Peretti is on Brooklyn 99 and is most certainly household.

But you're moving the goalposts.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Peretti is on Brooklyn 99 and is most certainly household.

But you're moving the goalposts.
    brooklyn 99 that stars andy samberg and terry crews?

I put in stipulations for a reason. There are dozens of female comedians that are funny, the point was that very few are LEADS and are household names that are getting projects greenlit. Make me out the villain for stating the obvious all ye like.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    brooklyn 99 that stars andy samberg and terry crews?

I put in stipulations for a reason. There are dozens of female comedians that are funny, the point was that very few are LEADS and are household names that are getting projects greenlit. Make me out the villain for stating the obvious all ye like.
    I don’t watch any thing comedy related but aren’t there always a ton of female lead sit coms running?

Two broke girls, Ugly Betty, Crazy ex girlfriend, I haven’t seem then my self so I have no clue if they are funny or not but it feels like I hear about shows like this rather regularly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    As a shrill, he also slept with her to take her blood. That would be a hilarious and ridiculous running gag to try to keep going.
    when I saw them do the horizontal tango, I did think for a moment that maybe he used his sense of smell to smell her blood or something, anything to give a hint that her blood had been stolen. Now we never see him actually tell her that, could be a plot twist that she knew a plot was afoot and deliberately "hulked out" to try and get whoever is leading it to come out of the woodwork?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don’t watch any thing comedy related but aren’t there always a ton of female lead sit coms running?

Two broke girls, Ugly Betty, Crazy ex girlfriend, I haven’t seem then my self so I have no clue if they are funny or not but it feels like I hear about shows like this rather regularly.
    Two broke girls isn't a bad shout to be fair. That's a semi popular sitcom that clearly stars two female comedic leads. So Veep and two broke girls I would not argue against

I find it morbidly amusing that some people would list Ali Wong as a "funny female comedian" to push their agenda.
    The best joke regarding this show to date, in my opinion.

Another thing I found a little strange, was how careless She-Hulk is. She is a lawyer, one of the Best Female Lawyers of the Year. Yet had no second thought to destroying private and public property. She doesn't have a disguise, so any witnesses or video evidence of her throwing cars, and smashing property would be undoubtedly damning. As a lawyer, you'd think it would be something she would be very careful of. I get the later scene where she raged a bit and broke things, but this was where she was supposed to be 100% in control of herself. Thought that was a little strange.
    Very few MCU characters have secret identities, and there isn't a single Marvel movie where property is not destroyed in the process of them doing their thing. In fact, this was addressed in one of the most prominent plot devices in the entire MCU: The Sokovia Accords.

Also, if you think she got that award because she is actually a great lawyer, you are seriously not paying attention.

Who cares if he is seen in broad daylight? He's not a criminal. He's not in hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh I dunno, complicity in the child sex trafficking ring run by Epstein and his wife? A lot of celebrities partook in the abuse and victimization of minors and not one of them has paid the price for their participation. It doesn't really surprise me though, because the entertainment media sure as hell isn't holding their feet to the fire like they deserve, considering they are handwaving the child grooming allegations and other criminal behavior of Ezra Miller and Weinstein got away with abusive shit for 40 years.
    The only person who was named by one of those victims and wasn't held accountable was Trump.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it continues to be shown that the writers were smart enough to directly call out the bad-faith garbage posting that the show would generate, by writing it in a year before it even came out. Perfect prediction, because the bad-faith brigade effort is so cliche it's entirely predictable at this point.
    All the trolling just becomes free viral marketing now.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't know what the irrelevant female comedian (what happened to the word "comedienne"?) is here for, but as for the last episode, I think it safe to say it was really good.

Daredevil added some great comedy, as well as some great legal stuff to the series.

I'm also not sure why people had an issue with She-Hulk losing her shit at the end, as if it was out of nowhere. I thought that was a pretty valid reaction from a hulk-powered person to her private life being exposed for all to see, right down to a sex tape. Would you react rationally in that situation? I think not.
    people in the show? or people in comments? cause I can 100% understand why people in the show would react the way that they did. their primary association with Hulk destroying property and roaring like that, bursting through the walls and all? is with Bruce when he WAS out of control. they don't get to hear Jen's inner thoughts the way audience does. for most of them - she is a symbol not a person.

in comments though, I'm at least not losing my shit, her reaction was 100% understandable. I might even react in a very similar way in a similar situation, minus green screen and superpowered strength and all. some people think that any angry outburst at all = you are out of control, period, you have no control without even realizing just how unhealthy that degree of repression is, but hey...

Lmao ok so the finale is just nuts.

Definitely John Byrne She-Hulk dialed up. Cracked me up, but I do wonder how casual viewers took it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!