Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Evoker in PvP might be the biggest joke. Devastation is crippled by various things: 1. short range, 2. a lot of hard casts and 3. weak defensive CDs. I mean the class as of now seems to be an utter joke in PvP and not much better in PvE. Preservation has the same problems.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Evoker is powerful?

If it is, YES!!!! HOOOORAAAAAHHH!!!! As a raid leader, I WANT our new draconic brethren to be broken as fuck. I want to walk into Heroic/Mythic Dragonflight raids, stack 6 Evoker DPSers and watch them melt the bosses down for me. I WANT my good-performing DPSers to reroll to them, abuse the fuck out of them, pump like they have never pumped before and carry us to quick & efficient boss kills. It is in the raids best interest if the DPSers know how to pump like mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been leveling the class (Devastation) in beta and it's laughably weak. I really hope they tweak some of the damage before launch because so far, it's a lot of extra effort to deal less damage than an Arcane mage. Feels very clunky with the empowered hard casts, had a bad time playing through the Azure Span today due to server lag and it dawned on me how input dependent this class is compared to those that don't have empowered abilities. Also, it feels very squishy despite all the self-healing and movement I constantly have to run away to heal since I can't seem to down some mobs with bloated HP pools fast enough. Had an awful time against those gnolls lol.

For those worried that we are going to have a DK/DH "OP" launch class, as they are in current beta, they are far from OP. If anything, they need some serious buffs.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Been leveling the class (Devastation) in beta and it's laughably weak. I really hope they tweak some of the damage before launch because so far, it's a lot of extra effort to deal less damage than an Arcane mage. Feels very clunky with the empowered hard casts, had a bad time playing through the Azure Span today due to server lag and it dawned on me how input dependent this class is compared to those that don't have empowered abilities. Also, it feels very squishy despite all the self-healing and movement I constantly have to run away to heal since I can't seem to down some mobs with bloated HP pools fast enough. Had an awful time against those gnolls lol.

For those worried that we are going to have a DK/DH "OP" launch class, as they are in current beta, they are far from OP. If anything, they need some serious buffs.
    In beta lots of classes scale very hard with gear. Warrior for example does something like 9k dps once you hit lvl70 with something like 330 ilvl. In heroic testing with full raidset at ilvl 398 it does somewhere around 30k dps sustained and 50k dps burst. It's similar with evoker. You go from around 7k dps as a fresh lvl70 to somewhere around 35-40k dps once you get some raidgear. But I agree that leveling feels bad as an evoker. You start strong but once you hit azure span and valdrakken it gets really rough, not only for evoker but a lot of classes and you get complaints constantly in beta chat. Being able to pull 5-10 mobs in onahan plains and then getting killed by 3 gnolls in azure span.

I think azure span and valdrakken are overtuned or the itemrewards are undertuned. I leveled to lvl70 as a warrior and got no chest piece while doing all quests in the first 3 zones. Replaced every piece of gear apart from my 304 chest piece.

Hmmm, I haven't compared to other classes in the same ilvl range but my experience in the Azure Span was the opposite. My Evoker blasted everything in the gnoll area, killing one or two mobs before they could reach me and if I had a CD like Deep Breath up I'd wipe out a group of five+ without breaking a sweat.

Went almost entirely blue/right side with some dabbling in the middle, Shattering Star into Eternity Surge would usually leave a mob around 10% hp so one tick of Disintegrate finished them off, otherwise I'd just disintegrate and randomly proc eternity surges and kill them that way.

I also went War Mode for the disintegrate slow which almost feels like it should be baseline it smooths kiting out so much.

I do suspect they're gonna need some serious help in pvp though which sucks because I wanted to main one and aim for glad this season. We'll see, gonna see if I can make one work for pvp during prepatch!
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2022-10-11 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    nerf it nerf it nerf it. That fly ability lets healers just fly out of deathgrip range when they are stunned with asphyxiate. Nerf it.
    So your reason is: i can't overpower this class, NERF IT. Seems reasonable (and i don't think that it is right now; but heck, i didn't really care much right now)

Devokers are pulling off some impressive numbers in mythic raid tests atm, so I wouldn't count on any buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Devokers are pulling off some impressive numbers in mythic raid tests atm, so I wouldn't count on any buffs.
    Yeah numbers don't seem to be the issue with Devastation. It's more about the design being fairly simple and too cookie cutter.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So your reason is: i can't overpower this class, NERF IT. Seems reasonable (and i don't think that it is right now; but heck, i didn't really care much right now)
    No, if you had actually read my thoughts, the problem could be fixed two ways: fix the undocumented mechanic, or put in the tool tip for the ability than it can be used while stunned. I don't care which.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    nerf it nerf it nerf it. That fly ability lets healers just fly out of deathgrip range when they are stunned with asphyxiate. Nerf it.
    lmao no the fuck its not. evoker feels beyond underpowered. they have low dps, low survivability, their mobility is dogshit. their midrange is the biggest crutch they have. they are gonna be the first hero class that is beyond underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    So you didn't even read my thoughts, got it

Evoker is too powerful is such a meme at this point, this entire class is a joke that's going to ship in a terrible state at Dragonflight launch. Evoker can do some numbers when completely left alone, doesn't have to move and do nothing but spam its simple rotation.

Here's just another recent video:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Evoker is too powerful is such a meme at this point, this entire class is a joke that's going to ship in a terrible state at Dragonflight launch. Evoker can do some numbers when completely left alone, doesn't have to move and do nothing but spam its simple rotation.
    Sorry, but here my bullshit-o-meter goes beyond the scale. There are multiple videos of Devokers doing actual mythic raid content and fighting for top DPS spots with mages/balance druids. Obviously all subject to balancing changes, but you're so, so off it's not even funny.

What's even funnier, those videos are made (also, but not only) by the very same guy who made the video you've linked Seems like you didn't even care to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Sorry, but here my bullshit-o-meter goes beyond the scale. There are multiple videos of Devokers doing actual mythic raid content and fighting for top DPS spots with mages/balance druids. Obviously all subject to balancing changes, but you're so, so off it's not even funny.

What's even funnier, those videos are made (also, but not only) by the very same guy who made the video you've linked Seems like you didn't even care to check them out.
    Reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    lmao no the fuck its not. evoker feels beyond underpowered. they have low dps, low survivability, their mobility is dogshit. their midrange is the biggest crutch they have. they are gonna be the first hero class that is beyond underpowered.
    If evoker mobility is dog, then what in the everloving fuck would you call paladin, priest, and DK mobility?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If evoker mobility is dog, then what in the everloving fuck would you call paladin, priest, and DK mobility?
    DK is pure melee, Paladin is 2/3 melee (with Holy being melee healer with tons of instant casts, too) - Priest can still do more during movement phases than Evoker (Discipline might be problematic). The thing is, the supposed mobility is limited by the 25/30y range - but that's just not a good compensation for a class that's almost exclusively relying on hard casting abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    paladins and dks are melee classes and have ample mobility just because other classes do have similar issues doesnt mean this one doesnt. mobility is not simply movement speed buffs but the ability to continue doing dps/heals while moving. using hover is the only way evokers have any semblance of that but you can not hove + empowered abilities which are two of the biggest sources of dps for them. evokers feel dogshit to play currently. sure you could spam azure strike while moving but that is practically nothing. them playing at 25-30 yds its absolutely crippling as a caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Most of the bad rap on Evoker would have been fixed if Blizzard did not send Evokers to the Dragon Isles with more than 100 ilvls less than every character copied to the beta and mostly in the hands of streamers who are on average mediocre players.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-16 at 10:31 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Evoker buffs! Maybe it could be a main for PVP now.