Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Interesting, considering Blizzard puts on PVP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS that attracts 100's of thousands of people that watch it...Being ridiculous by trying to diminish something that has a large follower base within the game, because your point was wrong, is hilarious. Try again...SMH

And look at this, an entire section within this website devoted to PVP, mere coincidence, LOL

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/255-PvP
    No idea about what DK spec is what and who is right or wrong about it, but your attempt at bringing PvP when someone is clearly talking about PvE spec is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You... You know RBG's exist right?
    Also yeah, there is lots of tanks in PvP... They provide a fair bit of utility to 3v3, not usually meta defining but the exist, so the fact you trying to recover your pathetic blunder by saying "only DPS play PvP" is fucking hilarious.
    Still, didnt answer my question... LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No idea about what DK spec is what and who is right or wrong about it, but your attempt at bringing PvP when someone is clearly talking about PvE spec is idiotic.
    Explain where the "clarity is" between PvE and PvP, when the original post states verbatim:

"14 years ago, DK can tank and dps with any spec.
    Now most websites say Blood is for tank, Frost is 1H dps and Unholy is 2H dps.

Did Blizzard change anything compare to 14 years ago?"

I'll wait for you to point out EXACTLY where the PvE was stated OR Implied...SMH!

I'll wait for you to point out EXACTLY where the PvE was stated OR Implied...SMH!
    Well, generally the context for comments is usually PvE unless a poster states otherwise - which he did not. It's a 50/50 on what he means under best case scenario as the OP clearly has not even done a miniscule amount of homework to clarify what he wants, let alone what he intends. I get the sense the OP has no clue and thus everyone is scrambling to add context or add details because the OP is quite vacant on the topic.

People LITERALLY DO call it the PVP Spec, you PvP as DPS, learn something! Or let me guess, you go into PvP as a tank??? TRY AGAIN FOOL!
    Keep back peddling as you blabber on about things you know NOTHING ABOUT
    I have literally never heard anyone call a PvP spec a DPS spec. Checking through your post history, you never have either until this thread in which it's clear you were wrong but refuse to admit it.

Ontopic:

These are the final 3.3.5 talent trees. We knew we'd be playing with end of expansion balancing basically since 2018, but it was confirmed over a year ago during the LK announcement. Same as Classic and TBC.

You're misremembering the roughly 6 month period at the start of WotLK when all specs did all things. During 3.1 DKs received huge changes that solidified Blood as tank, frost as off tank/1h DPS, and unholy as 2h DPS (though we've now learned that unholy doesn't go 2h until much later). From Ulduar onwards,
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2022-10-13 at 06:05 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by felplague View Post
    you... You know rbg's exist right?.
    try again, lol!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The King View Post
    I have literally never heard anyone call a PvP spec a DPS spec. Checking through your post history, you never have either until this thread in which it's clear you were wrong but refuse to admit it.

Sites like this do, and show you how to build it, but you are right, its "gotta be me".... https://www.icy-veins.com/wotlk-clas...ight-pvp-guide

LOL!

try again, lol!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sites like this do, and show you how to build it, but you are right, its "gotta be me".... https://www.icy-veins.com/wotlk-clas...ight-pvp-guide

LOL!

Yep, I can see clearly where Icy Veins says Unholy is a DPS spec. You got 'em chief.
    Edit: LOL!
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2022-10-13 at 06:24 PM.

LOL!
    Your source literally supports my argument. Nowhere on that page is the phrase 'DPS' listed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Yep, I can see clearly where Icy Veins says Unholy is a DPS spec. You got 'em chief.
    Edit: LOL!
    It's a little sad tbh. Like, just admit you're wrong and move on.
    – C.S. Lewis

You can tank Naxx with any of the 3 DK specs, you can DPS with any of the 3. How well they perform relative to each other is another matter, Blood DPS does get good in better gear, just like Fury Warriors do, but both are pretty lacking right now.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    ... because the OP is quite vacant on the topic.
    I got my answer.
    The talent tree is from 3.3.5
    DK was changed a lot from the launch to 3.3.5

Blizzard also made a lot change in 3.4
    It is not the same game as WotLK 3.0
    I don't plan to play Classic any more.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Yes, exactly what you said.

I wish to replay the original WotLK.
    Instead, Blizzard is using the classic server to "experiment" (or beta test).
    It wants to see how people react to loot rules, talent trees, etc.
    During the original Wrath of the Lich King, people were just beginning to start calling Damage Dealers "DPS" instead of "DD", and only heroic guilds actually cared about what the absolute most viable spec was. Blood ended up as the best tank for the last patch, but like, why care? Honestly? Go tank as a dual wielding frost dk like we used to and stop thinking with the modern mindset that if youre not being 100% efficient then youre not having fun.

The DK has changed a lot.
    I don't like it.

I will play a few heroics. Then uninstall.
    Bye, you won't be missed.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s all the same. But we are in the 3.3 build and not at the real launch 3.0 build.

By the end things became more well known and we figured out what worked best (and so did Blizzard with subtle fine tunes)

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my answer.
    The talent tree is from 3.3.5
    DK was changed a lot from the launch to 3.3.5

Blizzard also made a lot change in 3.4
    It is not the same game as WotLK 3.0
    I don't plan to play Classic any more.

It’s probably a great idea you don’t. If you felt so compelled to essentially be in-game bullied out of playing how/what you want… of course the same would happen here.

Then again, all your posts in this thread so far have showcased that you went into WotLK Classic with 0% knowledge and now are blaming Blizzard.

People LITERALLY DO call it the PVP Spec, you PvP as DPS, learn something! Or let me guess, you go into PvP as a tank??? TRY AGAIN FOOL!
    Keep back peddling as you blabber on about things you know NOTHING ABOUT
    This reads like a parody post of someone making fun of what an idiot would post like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You can tank Naxx with any of the 3 DK specs, you can DPS with any of the 3. How well they perform relative to each other is another matter, Blood DPS does get good in better gear, just like Fury Warriors do, but both are pretty lacking right now.
    No, they don't. The talents we have are after Blizzard changed Blood to essentially be the tank tree. Blood was great in original Wrath but it won't be in Classic.

You're misremembering the roughly 6 month period at the start of WotLK when all specs did all things. During 3.1 DKs received huge changes that solidified Blood as tank, frost as off tank/1h DPS, and unholy as 2h DPS (though we've now learned that unholy doesn't go 2h until much later). From Ulduar onwards,
    This is simply untrue all around. DW will probably be the overall better DPS for Unholy for the foreseeable future. Blood isn't "solidified" as the tank spec as you can easily be Frost for the majority of Wrath and do fine. The only thing that pulls Blood ahead is Will of the Necropolis. By the time ToGC comes out, Blood will be the preferred spec, but it doesn't negate the fact that Frost is viable. As I said earlier in this thread, Frost is the preferred tank spec right now. If you're not going Frost, you're either gimping your raid or you have super bad healers. I would only recommend Blood on Maexxna, Malygos, and Sartharion 2 or 3 Drake. Hell, even as Blood it is recommended that you are dual wielding most fights.
    Last edited by Coldfrostzero; 2022-10-14 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This reads like a parody post of someone making fun of what an idiot would post like.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't. The talents we have are after Blizzard changed Blood to essentially be the tank tree. Blood was great in original Wrath but it won't be in Classic.
    Dude we had a Blood DK DPS raiding with us in ICC, she even had Shadowmourne (3rd to get it in guild). Armor pen capped, which was only something even really possible in ICC to begin with. What is everyone saying about Blood DK dps? How you need ArP to make it work, and how do you get the ArP to make it work? By raiding ICC for gear.

Blood DK dps was a thing in iCC. I'm not saying it was better than frost or unholy, I'm saying it was a thing and it was popular.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Explain where the "clarity is" between PvE and PvP, when the original post states verbatim:

"14 years ago, DK can tank and dps with any spec.
    Now most websites say Blood is for tank, Frost is 1H dps and Unholy is 2H dps.

Did Blizzard change anything compare to 14 years ago?"

You can play dumb by grasping at straws about "exactly", but that's the point you need to play dumb. Like really, really, really dumb.

Your source literally supports my argument. Nowhere on that page is the phrase 'DPS' listed.
    LOL, the name of the link LITERALLY reads as PvP, as does the description of the build, which was my EXACT point. I will wait for you to explain how its actually tank? Seeing as its neither a tank nor heal spec, I wonder which one that is left for it to be??? LOL

Its very sad that you can't read...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You can play dumb by grasping at straws about "exactly", but that's the point you need to play dumb. Like really, really, really dumb.
    And you can't read, so, you might wanna direct that dumb comment to the dude in your mirror... His comment is regarding Spec/Presence vs Role vs Weaponry. Your reading comprehension is absolute trash, but then again, you worked too hard at proving your point that wasn't really there. SMH!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Dude we had a Blood DK DPS raiding with us in ICC, she even had Shadowmourne (3rd to get it in guild). Armor pen capped, which was only something even really possible in ICC to begin with. What is everyone saying about Blood DK dps? How you need ArP to make it work, and how do you get the ArP to make it work? By raiding ICC for gear.

Blood DK dps was a thing in iCC. I'm not saying it was better than frost or unholy, I'm saying it was a thing and it was popular.
    It's probably about diseaseless blood dps,. I'm not sure about this, but I know it was an unintentional thing and blizz nerfed it later, it had an unusual rotation which utilized death runes a lot with heart strike, obliterate and deathstrike.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    This is simply untrue all around. DW will probably be the overall better DPS for Unholy for the foreseeable future. Blood isn't "solidified" as the tank spec as you can easily be Frost for the majority of Wrath and do fine. The only thing that pulls Blood ahead is Will of the Necropolis. By the time ToGC comes out, Blood will be the preferred spec, but it doesn't negate the fact that Frost is viable. As I said earlier in this thread, Frost is the preferred tank spec right now. If you're not going Frost, you're either gimping your raid or you have super bad healers. I would only recommend Blood on Maexxna, Malygos, and Sartharion 2 or 3 Drake. Hell, even as Blood it is recommended that you are dual wielding most fights.
    Yeah hop of the horse and take a moment to read what I wrote and the chain you're jumping into if you're still not comprehending. It was clear I was referring to how things were viewed back in 2008/09, not today. Ulduar changes more clearly defined each role back in 2009. Most tanks gravitated towards blood, most dual wield dps to frost, and most 2h dps to unholy. Today, with the game completely solved, we see differences in approach versus what was considered optimal 15 years ago. All of that is objectively true. I was not referring to how things work in classic, which of course would make my statement untrue.

It's really quite obnoxious to me condescended to by someone who did a basic google search of how DKs work in WotLKC.

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as its neither a tank nor heal spec, I wonder which one that is left for it to be???
    Simple. The PvP spec. It's right on the page if you took a moment to read & comprehend it.
    – C.S. Lewis