View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    something from within the game or from Blizzard themselves that actually states that they were made by combining mortal races
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...eal%20soldiers.

Which is sourced from this youtube video from the blizzard devs -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKV-FtuA2s

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    that they were based on high elves
    I don't believe this has been directly stated, but people have taken the "in stasis for 20k years" and looked back at what races might have existed at the time. There's no solid information, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I will not be playing Evoker an any significant capacity. Has nothing to do with the visual design of the race, I think it's perfectly fine. I just don't care much for the gameplay. I'll probably level one just to have one of every class, but otherwise, just not really my thing.

Even more awful than their frames is their run animation. Anyone with beta access, go watch from the side how they run. It's awful. They've got a run that only an early 1940's German Führer could love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The Dracthyr didn’t have or know about visage forms 20k years ago.
    They learn about them when we play them/are introduced to the factions.

Easy explanation for the alliance side is that they based their visage forms off of Wrathion since he’s the one that teaches them.

Horde idk, maybe they saw an elf when they were touring Orgrimmar. (It’s clear that Blizz put more effort into writing the alliance side of things for them anyways)
    I was replying to a guy who insisted High Elves existed when the Dracthyr were created.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    "Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?"

- every WoW player when Worgen, Pandaren, Vulpera, Dracthyr are introduced
    mate. Worgen, Pandaren and Vulpera were like, some of the most requested races in the game's history. Pandaren have been thought of a shoe-in as a playable race as per Chen's appearance in WC3, Worgen for the Alliance was requested ever since Vanilla to the point that, only goblin and ogre had more support behind them. We still suffer for the lack of ogres.

and, well, mid-way through BfA beta, Blizz figured they hit paydirt with the Vulpera and set them up to be playable, which people went nuts for especially given. Mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dra...eal%20soldiers.

Which is sourced from this youtube video from the blizzard devs -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKV-FtuA2s
    OK, fair. I somehow missed the second part of the original sentence I quoted thinking it said just "combined mortal races."

I don't believe this has been directly stated, but people have taken the "in stasis for 20k years" and looked back at what races might have existed at the time. There's no solid information, however.
    High Elves didn't exist 20,000 years ago. Pretty much only trolls existed at that time so how could they be based on a race of elves that didn't even exist?

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    mate. Worgen, Pandaren and Vulpera were like, some of the most requested races in the game's history. Pandaren have been thought of a shoe-in as a playable race as per Chen's appearance in WC3, Worgen for the Alliance was requested ever since Vanilla to the point that, only goblin and ogre had more support behind them. We still suffer for the lack of ogres.

and, well, mid-way through BfA beta, Blizz figured they hit paydirt with the Vulpera and set them up to be playable, which people went nuts for especially given. Mechagnomes.
    There was much more backlash about all of these being added than you seem to see. It was all over the internet. Ridicule from all corners of the Blizzard fanbase, and even those outside of it. It was especially bad with Pandaren and Vulpera. If you feel otherwise, that's okay, and I'd hope that more people thought that way too, but sadly that's not how public outlook works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Okay, but imagine if they gave everyone the two-tone hair colors. Including Tauren.
    I find that highly unlikely, even if it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If dracthyr were to come to every class.

and then they were able to be every race with EXTRA customization
    what would be the point of being any race other then dracthyr?
    when you could be dracthyr, get free race changes all you want, and also get the race you want but with EXTRA customization ontop of the races normal.

that is the issue, yeah dracthyr could be every race, but not only would that be a hella lotta work, it would also make it the go to race no matter what, you would be dumb to choose any race other then dracthyr, cause dracthyr would just be all the races even better, and combined.

like imagine if they added a new class, this class between combat could swap to any class they wanted, no cooldown, and these classes also were just stronger.
    Why would anyone play any class other then this class?
    It can be any class it wants, and better, with no investment required to swap.
    What? Like for real I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Even the scenario I think you're presenting only is true for the Evoker Class, and no other.

So yeah, if you pick Evoker, your visage could potentially be of any race... but you're stuck with Evoker. So I really don't get what's the issue for you here.

There was much more backlash about all of these being added than you seem to see. It was all over the internet. Ridicule from all corners of the Blizzard fanbase, and even those outside of it. It was especially bad with Pandaren and Vulpera. If you feel otherwise, that's okay, and I'd hope that more people thought that way too, but sadly that's not how public outlook works.
    Wouldn't say there was more but the backlash was definitely loud. Especially here where I swear half the forums population apparently has Furry Pride parade go across their house every month

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I find that highly unlikely, even if it would be cool.

What? Like for real I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Even the scenario I think you're presenting only is true for the Evoker Class, and no other.

So yeah, if you pick Evoker, your visage could potentially be of any race... but you're stuck with Evoker. So I really don't get what's the issue for you here.
    Dractyhyr race is likely to come to the other classes in the future is why, they already have audio lines for all the classes resources.
    "I am out of energy" "i am out of rage" "not enough runic power" "Not enough focus" etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Dractyhyr race is likely to come to the other classes in the future is why, they already have audio lines for all the classes resources.
    "I am out of energy" "i am out of rage" "not enough runic power" "Not enough focus" etc
    There are lots of unusable class/race combinations that have representation in voice/animation files. Like you can see a Forsaken doing Chi Torpedo. It's for toys that change your appearance, etc, etc.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There are lots of unusable class/race combinations that have representation in voice/animation files. Like you can see a Forsaken doing Chi Torpedo. It's for toys that change your appearance, etc, etc.
    Changing your race does not change the voice your error messages use.
    and you do know they plan to make every race be every class right?
    Also "Forsaken doing chi torpedo" you... you know forsaken have ALWAYS been able to be monks right? You ok mate?
    We already have hunter, warrior, dk, we getting mage, priest, and rogue in dragonflight.
    the only ones missing are rogue/worgen monk, then a couple warlocks, then the big ones being shaman, druid, and paladin, the three classes with race specific visuals.

and while true as you say "unusable class/race combos that have rep in voice/animation" that is for future proofing... for the exact example of them adding these classes to these races, and again, notice how dracthyr are getting rage, energy, runic power, etc?

For future proofing... Cause in the future they may become playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    I like how because they don't look how YOU want them to look that they are "wannabe, feminine dragons". You can bulk them up a bit, you can change the snout size, shape and texture. They aren't drakonoids they are dracthyr. As for the art style... I'd rather have "cute and fluffy" than the PoS models that most of the creatures in WoW still have. I'm sorry but the Hogger and Gnoll models were horrendous, even though the cartoony look isn't my cup of tea either, at least they have better detail and resolution.
    OP said nothing about feminine dragons. Famelic =/= Feminine

Talk about being trigger happy.

Changing your race does not change the voice your error messages use.
    and you do know they plan to make every race be every class right?
    Also "Forsaken doing chi torpedo" you... you know forsaken have ALWAYS been able to be monks right? You ok mate?
    We already have hunter, warrior, dk, we getting mage, priest, and rogue in dragonflight.
    the only ones missing are rogue/worgen monk, then a couple warlocks, then the big ones being shaman, druid, and paladin, the three classes with race specific visuals.

and while true as you say "unusable class/race combos that have rep in voice/animation" that is for future proofing... for the exact example of them adding these classes to these races, and again, notice how dracthyr are getting rage, energy, runic power, etc?

For future proofing... Cause in the future they may become playable.
    Okay, bad example, but they've had those voices and animations for forever. It's not in and of itself indicative of anything
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Most Worgen feedback was on their models loking, well, not like the NPCs, so basically the same suffering as Nightbourne. Pandaren had a bit jokey, but were generally a 'its about time' addition as well.

While I did see some anti-vulpera stuff early, there was also a ton of support and it very quickly gave way to the overall community's dislike of the other race at the time and the most eternally ridiculed race in the game of Mechagnomes. Even the worst the Pandaren got was nowhere near the Mechagnome dislike

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Okay, bad example, but they've had those voices and animations for forever. It's not in and of itself indicative of anything
    They have been there for a long time, but they are coming soon.
    the fact they are even there for dracthyr, also they did say they may get other classes later to be fair.

I mean even if so and we do get more classes for Dracthyr, you're still stuck with the dragon form during combat.

I really don't think that open visages even in this case would negatively affect other races' numbers, cause at the end of the day the visage is just an Out Of Combat cosmetic.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean even if so and we do get more classes for Dracthyr, you're still stuck with the dragon form during combat.

I really don't think that open visages even in this case would negatively affect other races' numbers, cause at the end of the day the visage is just an Out Of Combat cosmetic.
    Dracthyr only leave visage form in combat for certain spells, which all of the other classes won’t have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account

No you wouldnt, the only reason evokers are in dragon form in combat is the animations rely on the form, if you enter combat in visage form you can fight in JUST visage form, you just need to not use specific abilities.

normal classes would not have these abiltiies, and because of this could spend ALL of combat in visage form, only going dracthyr for their racials.

Drakthyr as other classes will be a nightmare for the devs and thus feels unlikely.
    Armor is already an awkward looking hastle for them in dragon form - making all the old tier sets/armor types work with their dragon form feels …. Unlikely.
    So either drakthyr have a really, really poor implementation of other classes, or it just never happens.