10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "in a brief unsigned order."
    Those fucking pussies ah, I get it. The nine are looking out for each other. If nobody says anything, then it comes collectively from the group without any one/five being singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    As a regular connoisseur of the bell from the southern border, I will tell you what I would buy if someone handed me $28 and said, spend it all now and give me back change, all food is yours:

2 Grilled Cheese Burrito Box Deluxes

--2x Grilled Cheese Burritos
    --2x Chalupa Supreme
    --2x Doritos Loco Taco
    --2x Nachos w/ Cheese
    --2x Baja Blast

2 Cinnamon Twists

12 Pack of Cinnabon Delight Combos

The total for me would be $27.45

If anyone was wondering, that's about 4,500 calories.
    I'd spend the whole 28 on Grilled Cheese Burritos!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I'd spend the whole 28 on Grilled Cheese Burritos!!
    People like the Grilled Cheese Burritos?

Just get like 20 Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes if you want something good.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Just get like 20 Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes if you want something good.
    If you want something good, you don't go to Taco Bell.

This thread is giving me gas.
    I see Trump was subpoenaed...

I look forward to the many court cases as he tries to weasle out of it. And for him to refuse to answer literally anything if/when he shows up.

But lets start the speculation, will the committee order Trumps arrest when he inevitably ignores this subpoena and gets held in contempt?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But lets start the speculation, will the committee order Trumps arrest when he inevitably ignores this subpoena and gets held in contempt?
    The committee doesn't have that authority. I believe they can criminally refer him to the DoJ if he fails to respond to the lawful subpoena, at which point it would be in Merrick Garlands very non-confrontational hands.

The committee doesn't have that authority. I believe they can criminally refer him to the DoJ if he fails to respond to the lawful subpoena, at which point it would be in Merrick Garlands very non-confrontational hands.
    details details. Will the committee refer his arrest to the DoJ when he inevitably fails to show up.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    details details. Will the committee refer his arrest to the DoJ when he inevitably fails to show up.
    I mean, he can just delay until after the elections if Democrats don't keep the House, then the subpoena dies.

Otherwise if he shows up he pulls a Donald Trump/Roger Stone and pleads the Fifth in response to every question.

Because according to Trump, only mob bosses who are guilty plead the Fifth.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politic...pla-story.html

In a move that elections experts say could further erode confidence in the voting process, a group of Maryland voters aligned with Republican gubernatorial nominee Dan Cox’s campaign plans on challenging the legitimacy of ballots across the state immediately after Election Day.
    Republicans aren't even waiting. They're just preemptively arguing that fraud happened.

Fuckin pathetic, anti-democratic losers. It's wild watching a formerly semi-functional political party go full on authoritarian in real time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-investigation

According to an anonymous source close to Trump, Fox News is claiming Trump "loves" the idea of testifying to the committee so he can talk about Pelosi and the corrupt election.

Now I don't entirely disbelieve this, it sure sounds like something Trump would say!

But I'll note that Fox News as an organization has been pretty down on other media outlets use of anonymous sources, and their readers have been vocally opposed to believing any reporting based on "anonymous sources". Yet nobody seems much to mind this "anonymously" sourced report.

Curious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm optimistic about this, but Garland is non confrontational because he does not have the air tight slam dunk you would need to arrest a former president. Close every loophole you can, do everything by the goddamn book. Somehow holding a job for 4 years and being fired by over 70 million people makes you harder to arrest.

I hope that once Garland has it locked down perfect, then "non-confrontational" becomes "goddamn combative".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Maybe I'm optimistic about this, but Garland is non confrontational because he does not have the air tight slam dunk you would need to arrest a former president.
    No, he's just a spineless loser who is so terrified of the appearance of political bias that he's doing nothing about multiple Trump administration officials who are slam-dunk cases for lying under oath to congress or lying to law enforcement during an investigation.

He desperately wants to avoid being called partisan in his actions, which is stupid and pointless because Republicans are doing it anyways. All he's doing is letting criminals from within the Trump administration get away scott-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I hope that once Garland has it locked down perfect, then "non-confrontational" becomes "goddamn combative".
    He's not primarily overseeing the investigation. He signed off on the warrant and all, but last I recall he's very much letting the team handling the investigation run with it and is doing his best to appear neutral throughout the matter. As if that matters worth a shit.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/13/jan-...g-hearing.html

Jan. 6 Committee planning to subpoena Trump today, or at least hold a vote on it. We'll see what happens. Doesn't seem to be anything super spicey in today's hearing so far otherwise.

Looks like you were wrong, Ronna McDaniel, RNC chair, said that Trump was behind the fake electors, no one else has said Trump as far as I know, most of them were saying it was Eastman.

I would be glad for Trump to answer questions under oath in private. Anything else would just be giving him a platform to spew more lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I would be glad for Trump to answer questions under oath in private. Anything else would just be giving him a platform to spew more lies.
    I look forward to Trump spewing more lies under oath. But his lawyers would probably rather Trump die than be caught perjuring himself on the stand. He'll claim he wants to testify, but he can't, his lawyers won't let him and the whole thing is rigged, he's already done that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kevi...expert-2022-10

Business Insider reporting on political professors, and even Trump himself, about Andrew McCarthy's tactical error in now putting any of "his" Republicans on the Jan. 6 Committee.

His strategy seemed to be trying to invalidate the Committee as a partisan affair, one purely of his own making, but the results have been that the committee has been able to pursue their investigation unimpeded and concluded with a unanimous vote to subpoena a former president.

And the man wants to be Speaker of the House.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    JUST IN: The Supreme Court DENIES Trump's request to intervene in the dispute over documents with classified markings taken from Mar-a-Lago. The court offers no explanation for its decision (as is common for actions on the shadow docket), and there are no recorded dissents.

So the last, possibly frightening hurdle is over. The chance of Clarence Thomas somehow ruling on 11th Circuit or just SCOTUS as a whole giving Trump some unquestioned Presidential powers. I'm still a cynic but this can now proceed I guess(?).
    So fucked up that this kind of chance of happening is on most people's heads as a very real possibility, but nah these looney toons giving speeches. "Whatcha mean? durrr there is no credibility issues here."

https://www.businessinsider.com/kevi...expert-2022-10

Business Insider reporting on political professors, and even Trump himself, about Andrew McCarthy's tactical error in now putting any of "his" Republicans on the Jan. 6 Committee.

His strategy seemed to be trying to invalidate the Committee as a partisan affair, one purely of his own making, but the results have been that the committee has been able to pursue their investigation unimpeded and concluded with a unanimous vote to subpoena a former president.

And the man wants to be Speaker of the House.
    I posted awhile ago about this and it was actually Trump ranting about it. Yes, the BIGGEST mistake ever. Have to be honest here if it was 50/50 these hearings likely a disaster.

As a note, I give no credit to Trump coming to this conclusion. Get Rekt.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fla. becomes latest state to enact restrictive voting law as DeSantis signs bill on Fox News

Ah, I remember that headline like it was May 6, 2021.

DeSantis argued that the bill protects the "integrity and transparency" of Florida's elections and that after the 2020 election, which was successful, the changes will keep the state "ahead of the curve," echoing the message Republicans have used for months to push back on criticism of their legislation.

"We think this will make it even better as we go forward, so we're proud of the strides we've made, but we're not resting on our laurels," he told Fox News.

DeSantis' signature enacts a host of changes into Florida's election laws, including limits on where drop boxes could be placed, restrictions on who can drop off a voter's ballot, a mandate that drop boxes be staffed while open, new powers for partisan poll watchers as well as a requirement that voters must request to vote-by-mail more frequently.
    Ah, good times...good times...anyhow, DeSantis signs executive order to ease voting rules in Florida counties impacted by Hurricane Ian.

“In the wake of Hurricane Ian, the Florida Department of State has worked with Florida’s Supervisors of Elections and Governor DeSantis to ensure that the 2022 General Election is administered as efficiently and securely as possible across the state and in the counties that received the heaviest damage,” Florida Secretary of State Cord Byrd (R) wrote in a statement announcing the order.
    Oh no! Florida's going against integrity and transparency! Someone should warn FOX News so they can condemn this vile action! Or, wait, did Ian mostly affect Florida's white people?

Ah, seeing the "problem" now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically they do have that authority (or at least, the House as a body does), but at the same time you're correct, because Congress as a long-standing tradition does not exercise its powers of arrest, instead referring such matters to the DoJ. But if the House really wanted to, a majority could authorize the Sergeant at Arms to go out and, with authority symbolized by the Mace of the United States, like some Roman lictor, haul them before Congress or jail them for Contempt of Congress (though Congress would first need to find a jail, as it no longer posses one).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1580767350239813632

I mean it's not exactly like their strategy was a secret at this point, but wouldn't have expected Bannon to just come right out and say it.