The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Kinda where my disappointment is. It took a bunch of plot points that seemed to be dire, and made them all, 'Super easy, barely an inconvenience'.

In the end, I was left wondering, what was the point of this show?
    The point was to be a 3rd wall breaking comedy which the final fits perfectly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

All charges of property destruction should be back on the table.
    Like others have noted, property destruction is never really important in superhero stories. What she was really charged with was being a dangerous Hulk, and when that's written out, the cause for the restraining order goes away.

Kinda where my disappointment is. It took a bunch of plot points that seemed to be dire, and made them all, 'Super easy, barely an inconvenience'.

I actually do think the answer is "it's not serious". But actually, it does take stuff seriously, but it's not the plot: Jen's growth as a character has been there (mainly about accepting She-Hulk), the other part is about highlighting the less-well known parts of the MCU, particularly the intersection between super stuff and regular life. And I think it has done a great job of that last one.

The overarching plot was never actually the point of the show. It was there to set up the ending (and to make fun of the haters), which it did, but Todd was never intended to be the big bad, it was a setup to lead into the real showdown: She-Hulk vs K.E.V.I.N.

This gets more into a meta discussion (which, hey, what superhero would be better for that?): A story has several elements, and plot and background consistency is only two parts of that. This show has focused on characters and vignettes instead, and I think it did well there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The point was to be a 3rd wall breaking comedy which the final fits perfectly.
    I guess that just isn't for me. Not in the way this show executed it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    She was not charged so long as she took the plea deal to not Hulk out again, and had an inhibitor placed on her to make sure of it. She broke the inhibitor, and hulked out. All charges of property destruction should be back on the table.
    you would be right... except that didn't happen. Did you forget the 4th wall break? Hulk didn't come crashing down from space to fight the Abomination, Titania didn't crash through the wall - none of that happened. the ending was changed. She never changed into She-Hulk in the re-written ending.

Not to follow the same formula that literally every other Marvel show so far has followed, but instead following it ironically and then bust it open at the end. Kind of a split inbetween adressing the (valid) criticism that Marvel rarely does something new or gutsy, but sticks to a very predictable recipe, while at the same time doing just that to appeaste the fans that just want to see She-Hulk smash. That, and a decent dig at all these 'smarting' type content creator retards on the web.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I actually do think the answer is "it's not serious". But actually, it does take stuff seriously, but it's not the plot: Jen's growth as a character has been there (mainly about accepting She-Hulk), the other part is about highlighting the less-well known parts of the MCU, particularly the intersection between super stuff and regular life. And I think it has done a great job of that last one.

The overarching plot was never actually the point of the show. It was there to set up the ending (and to make fun of the haters), which it did, but Todd was never intended to be the big bad, it was a setup to lead into the real showdown: She-Hulk vs K.E.V.I.N.

This gets more into a meta discussion (which, hey, what superhero would be better for that?): A story has several elements, and plot and background consistency is only two parts of that. This show has focused on characters and vignettes instead, and I think it did well there.
    That just doesn't appeal to me. Which is ok of course. The show seemed to have a specific portion of the fan base in mind. I've always been one to say, if you don't like the way something is, then go ahead and create what you want. Which is what it appears they did. Kudos to them for that.

Not going to be the type to say the show is trash, just that in the end, it is clearly not something made for someone like me to enjoy. Evident by the finale outright saying, that this show isn't made to be the stereo typical, formula following superhero stuff that Marvel is known to produce. Which unfortunately for me, is the stuff I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you would be right... except that didn't happen. Did you forget the 4th wall break? Hulk didn't come crashing down from space to fight the Abomination, Titania didn't crash through the wall - none of that happened. the ending was changed. She never changed into She-Hulk in the re-written ending.
    Yea she did. She walked over to Todd as She-Hulk. Titania was also still there (recognizing Daredevil^^). Two things were changed and that's Hulk crashing in and Todd getting hulked up.

Still Jen's arrest was an overreach by the DoDC and I'm quite sure they can take back the charges that were levied against her, if she agrees to not sue them for her arrest and letting the actual perpetrators escape while arresting the victim, only on the grounds that she was big and green. Charges for destruction of property in pursuit of villains was never a thing in Marvel and always settled outside of court (which we usually didn't get to see).
    Hulk didn't do to jail for wrecking New York while hunting the Chirauri either.

That said, I do think Emil should get off the hook too now that he's in control of his transformations. I mean really off the hook, not just as a refugee with the sorcerers ^^

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    You guys are trying to apply way too much logic to an episode where she burtsts into the writing room and effectively makes them rewrite the episode so everything turns out okay.
    Which reaks of creative bankruptcy. And self insertion. And wishful thinking.

And all that suxx.
    /spit@Blizzard

Not going to be the type to say the show is trash, just that in the end, it is clearly not something made for someone like me to enjoy. Evident by the finale outright saying, that this show isn't made to be the stereo typical, formula following superhero stuff that Marvel is known to produce. Which unfortunately for me, is the stuff I enjoy.
    Kudos for that! Not everything is for everyone, and it's good to recognize when something just isn't for you, instead of just going "raaah worst show ever bad writing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Charges for destruction of property in pursuit of villains was never a thing in Marvel and always settled outside of court (which we usually didn't get to see).
    Hulk didn't do to jail for wrecking New York while hunting the Chirauri either.
    Charges should have been a thing for what the Avengers did, and allowed to happen to the cities they battled in. However there was the Stark Relief Foundation, which paid for the damages ,and provided support for the wounded. Which coincidentally was a result of the battle for NY. But since there is no price that can be paid for the loss of lives, the Sokovia Accords were issued. They were a way to control the heroes, but also a CYA for the damages caused. Now that those are repealed, I feel like She-Hulk should be on the hook for what she did.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...ief_Foundation

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...okovia_Accords

Charges should have been a thing for what the Avengers did, and allowed to happen to the cities they battled in. However there was the Stark Relief Foundation, which paid for the damages ,and provided support for the wounded. Which coincidentally was a result of the battle for NY. But since there is no price that can be paid for the loss of lives, the Sokovia Accords were issued. They were a way to control the heroes, but also a CYA for the damages caused. Now that those are repealed, I feel like She-Hulk should be on the hook for what she did.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...ief_Foundation

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...okovia_Accords
    I know all that. Still, they had no grounds on which to arrest her. She destroyed property and that should be paid for. Last episode she said she was going to leave a card, from that I took that GLHK has some manner of insurance for that. No one was hurt at the gala though and the only victim of a crime there was Jen herself and maybe the organisation doing the gala, who should charge Intelligencia for that too. You know, the actual perpetrators and instigators.
    While we are at it, did New York bring charges against Thanos and his goons? What about the rest of the world? Everybody keeps blaming and sueing the ones who came to the rescue or prosecute the criminals, but never the ones who actually committed crimes.

well.... I have mixed feelings about this show, but in the end, honestly I think it comes down to me just not being into sitcoms in general. There were parts I enjoyed, parts that took me a lot of pauses and one or two fast forwards to get through - intentional cringe (that whole scene with intelligencia) and i have no doubt it was intentional? just isn't my thing. climbing through the screen and going to the writing room kinda reminded me of Mel Brooks movies. so that was fun.

all in all, not my favorite of the marvel shows I've seen so far. but it was fun, so... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    well.... I have mixed feelings about this show, but in the end, honestly I think it comes down to me just not being into sitcoms in general. There were parts I enjoyed, parts that took me a lot of pauses and one or two fast forwards to get through - intentional cringe (that whole scene with intelligencia) and i have no doubt it was intentional? just isn't my thing. climbing through the screen and going to the writing room kinda reminded me of Mel Brooks movies. so that was fun.

all in all, not my favorite of the marvel shows I've seen so far. but it was fun, so... /shrug
    I've only seen a summary of the finale, but otherwise it still feels like from the start, it has the framework of a sitcom, but doesn't have the time/ability to flesh them out into actual funny. The show entered the "culture war" for lack of a better term pretty early/ quickly, and focused on elements of it, trying to provoke negativity from the haters and cater to the folks that championed it before it ever released. Sort of leaves me feeling unfulfilled overall, but it did seem to have a path to improve if they actually wanted to. Breaking the 4th wall has been done plenty of times in things and is a hallmark of SheHulk in comics I guess. Mel Brooks, Waynes World, Deadpool, all have had amusing asides, but SheHulk in the series was just kind of there, not actually adding anything. (Leaving out finale of course.)

Anyway, I didn't have a problem with CGI for the most part, but the videos I saw of Hulk's son looked HORRIBLE. I mean damn, cartoons look better.

I don't really care if they make a SheHulk season 2, but I think she'd add to a movie well enough.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I know all that. Still, they had no grounds on which to arrest her. She destroyed property and that should be paid for. Last episode she said she was going to leave a card, from that I took that GLHK has some manner of insurance for that. No one was hurt at the gala though and the only victim of a crime there was Jen herself and maybe the organisation doing the gala, who should charge Intelligencia for that too. You know, the actual perpetrators and instigators.
    That's a pretty big stretch. I don't see any reason why GLHK would have insurance that would cover all the damage She-hulk has done in the show, especially since none of it related directly to her job. If the show remembered that not everyone is a super human, she should've severely injured or killed several people with her actions (to be fair, the current MCU is terrible with this, not just She-hulk). When it comes to actual charges.... ugh, let's just say the show has no idea what it's talking about, and any lawyer can tell you that. Jen would've been in a lot of legal trouble and disbarred several times over potentially in this show.

Regardless, this all relates to the main theme of the story which was revealed in the finale: Jen Walters wants everyone to be held responsible for their actions, except herself (to the point she literally 4th wall breaks and changes the show to do so).
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-10-14 at 05:12 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's a pretty big stretch. I don't see any reason why GLHK would have insurance that would cover all the damage She-hulk has done in the show, especially since none of it related directly to her job. If the show remembered that not everyone is a super human, she should've severely injured or killed several people with her actions (to be fair, the current MCU is terrible with this, not just She-hulk). When it comes to actual charges.... ugh, let's just say the show has no idea what it's talking about, and any lawyer can tell you that. Jen would've been in a lot of legal trouble and disbarred several times over potentially in this show.

Regardless, this all relates to the main theme of the story which was revealed in the finale: Jen Walters wants everyone to be held responsible for their actions, except herself (to the point she literally 4th wall breaks and changes the show to do so).
    Imagine writing a show that wants to be a legal comedy and failing almost any legal part it had and most of it's comedic parts (Wong and Madisynn were great and Maslany played perfectly the social, professional and superhero inept person Jen/She-Hulk is).

Imagine writing a sitcom that fails to establish actual human connection between the hero and the persons forming her social core, because it focuses on cameos, and people who come and go.

Imagine trashing any superhero arc hinted in the show, just to end it up with self insertion, god complex and no significant personal loss that will grow and mature the character, befriending at the same time her two sides. Just to put a happy end there, because for the love of God, all you know is write quippy feministic lines, inserted at irrelevant parts of the show, or just make scenes to justify the line drop.

Incoherent, inconsistent, with a blatant manhating agenda, a show that was greenlit only to pander a certain audience Disney wants tamed.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    with a blatant manhating agenda, a show that was greenlit only to pander a certain audience Disney wants tamed.
    Right there, you make it crystal clear you're not here to talk about the show, you're here to push a culture war agenda. There's no "man-hating" in this show. You're making that shit up, because you've got deep-seated issues with women.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right there, you make it crystal clear you're not here to talk about the show, you're here to push a culture war agenda. There's no "man-hating" in this show. You're making that shit up, because you've got deep-seated issues with women.
    The agenda is there inside the show. And you're just denying it, trying to turn it about me, with yet another ad hominem attack. Like you actually know anything about me. Lol.
    /spit@Blizzard

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The agenda is there inside the show. And you're just denying it, trying to turn it about me, with yet another ad hominem attack. Like you actually know anything about me. Lol.
    Your post say quite a lot about you, and even the show knew what kind of stuff you’d post before it aired and wrote characters to represent you perfectly.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "agenda". It's entirely in your own head. You're making shit up, because gender equality is apparently something offensive to you, which is the only explanation for your repeated attacks on "feminism".

I guess I'm not a hardcore fan that will debate an MCU property on a message board over and over but as a filthy casual fan I have to say this has been one of the more enjoyable MCU shows I've seen.

I actually enjoyed it more than all the other D+ shows that I've watched. Time flew when I was watching She-Hulk and it always left me wanting more.