Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Exclamation Dragonflight Beta SPOILERS! Titan Lore Objects

All Images Credited to Laytis who actually took the screens, and thanks to Ethenil for posting them on Scrolls of Lore Discord.

Overall it looks like Blizz is trying to soften the stance it had on lore from Shadowlands but still proceed along the same path... and it's not WORKING, you can't make the Black Empire not evil and have that be just 'the titans pov/propaganda'. It's also weird that Tyr would be onboard with brainwashing, and it's unclear why they'd really need to brainwash the dragons since the aspects fought Galakrond pretty much on their own and were already leaning towards being willing to help.

Tyr's Letter to Ironaya and Archaedeas

Edicts of Odyn

Wreckage Analysis Report The most mysterious of them all

Uldorus

Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Awesome bits!

Overall it looks like Blizz is trying to soften the stance it had on lore from Shadowlands but still proceed along the same path... and it's not WORKING, you can't make the Black Empire not evil and have that be just 'the titans pov/propaganda'. It's also weird that Tyr would be onboard with brainwashing, and it's unclear why they'd really need to brainwash the dragons since the aspects fought Galakrond pretty much on their own and were already leaning towards being willing to help.
    Ehm, it may be not working for YOU, but I actually enjoy the Shadowlands lore additions. It's 10000 times more fun if any of the cosmic forces can be both good and evil, rather than classic, boring black and white storytelling ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

This is comedy gold XD

The complete lack of subtlety in the writing makes me think they either wrote it for an illiterate audience, or they got fed up of fans assumptions and theories.

This community really is getting the writers she deserves.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2022-10-15 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Awesome bits!

Ehm, it may be not working for YOU, but I actually enjoy the Shadowlands lore additions. It's 10000 times more fun if any of the cosmic forces can be both good and evil, rather than classic, boring black and white storytelling ...
    Steve? Steve is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Awesome bits!

Oh I agree there should be nuance... but I don't think they've laid the groundwork or done the work to actually make that sensible for the Black Empire as it existed on Azeroth.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is so horny at the idea of writing these "gotcha" moments that they can't see how badly this messes with previous lore
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Because Black Empire being lol purple ebil in a world with lol green ebil was such riveting, thrilling storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Oh I agree there should be nuance... but I don't think they've laid the groundwork or done the work to actually make that sensible for the Black Empire as it existed on Azeroth.
    The best part, we have seen how they operate in BFA, straight up evil shit XD

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Because Black Empire being lol purple ebil in a world with lol green ebil was such riveting, thrilling storytelling.
    You can do nuanced stories, with proper groundwork, but blizz never laid proper groundwork for this, heck we have seen what the black empire does firsthand.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Blizzard is so horny at the idea of writing these "gotcha" moments that they can't see how badly this messes with previous lore
    It really feels like they are trying to pull the “there’s always a bigger cosmic fish” dc does constantly with there crisis’s but doing it far worse then even the poorest DC attempts.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

What on earth are you trying to say?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It really feels like they are trying to pull the “there’s always a bigger cosmic fish” dc does constantly with there crisis’s but doing it far worse then even the poorest DC attempts.
    Remember, when we finally face the First Ones we will meet an even bigger cosmic patron force that is actually the one that created every single thing
    But they did it to avoid and even BIGGER threat

Also, your lore is wrong now because of this new cosmic force's POV
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleopos View Post
    What on earth are you trying to say?
    Old lore bad, new lore good I believe.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose, eventually, all beings of every cosmic force will be shown to be in it for their cosmic force. There is no “greater good” of the Warcraft universe. Even us, sapient mortals trying to find their way on Azeroth, will always be caught in the middle because we are insignificant on the universal scale.

Perhaps the First Ones intended a constant cycle of manageable strife and correction to keep everything chugging a long. Primordial antagonistic forces in constant contention with each other, with one never really getting an upper hand… until they did.

Now we’re seeing what happens when each cosmic force is left to their own devices with time on their side to engage in activities/schemes/plans to win. The First Ones are probably like, “wait— you weren’t supposed to do that!”

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

They are not cleaning the name of the Black Empire though, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kleopos View Post
    They are not cleaning the name of the Black Empire though, are they?
    One of the snippets is straight up about rewriting history, so the black empire looks bad, so that mortals are not lead astray.

I see, this is clearly the lore team without Afrasiabi making them do dumb shit.

Turns out, they can be incompetent even with less assholes on the team.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-10-14 at 07:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Remember, when we finally face the First Ones we will meet an even bigger cosmic patron force that is actually the one that created every single thing
    But they did it to avoid and even BIGGER threat

Also, your lore is wrong now because of this new cosmic force's POV
    I wonder how long until we get to the “hand of god” esc figure but the writers instead portray it as a random nonsense piece of classic wow code.

The Black Empire was never "evil" anyway. They're a hive mind of bugs. A swarm that consumes and runs rampant over the world. This isn't evil but it is antagonistic. It is very very very bad for any non affiliated being in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah that's the whole problem, Blizz is telling us "Oh, this is just the titan's pov/propaganda!" when... they haven't done anything with non-evil Old gods or void entities.

The closest is Nerubians... who are REBELS against the Old gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    The Black Empire was never "evil" anyway. They're a hive mind of bugs. A swarm that consumes and runs rampant over the world. This isn't evil but it is antagonistic. It is very very very bad for any non affiliated being in the way.
    I don't think that's true, the Aqir aren't like the Silithid, they're actively cruel and sadistic from what we've seen of them and the Nraqi.
    Twas brillig