Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dragon Riding, Is It Borrowed Power?

As the title describes, wouldnt it be safe to say that this is just another borrowed power feature in the way of flying if we cannot use it outside Dragon Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it doesn't offer any power..?
    It offers QoL through allowing us to fly

It doesn't give power bud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tateanium View Post
    As the title describes, wouldnt it be safe to say that this is just another borrowed power feature in the way of flying if we cannot use it outside Dragon Isles
    flying isnt power, its utility at best and just a qol thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

No. Not even remotely close.

Certainly it is not power.

But you could call it a parasitic subsystem.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Considering Blizzard has stated that they have plans to move Dragon Riding into future expansions (at least to some degree), I have my doubts that it would be 'borrowed' even if it was considered 'power'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to use my context clues and assume OP meant "expansion specific feature" when they said borrowed power.

to which I reply: I hope not, rather see systems expanded on rather than ditched entirely. (provided of course, that we like it, but anecdotals from ptr sound promising)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I'm going to use my context clues and assume OP meant "expansion specific feature" when they said borrowed power.

to which I reply: I hope not, rather see systems expanded on rather than ditched entirely. (provided of course, that we like it, but anecdotals from ptr sound promising)
    Yes this is what I meant. But isnt it subjective where riding that much faster is considered much more powerful. A new sword with legendary abilities, or a new dragon with the like. I can kill things faster with this added skill or I can FLY faster with this new dragon. Also I wasn't aware it was being carried over into future expansions. I guess that then makes all other mounts useless? idk.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes this is what I meant. But isnt it subjective where riding that much faster is considered much more powerful. A new sword with legendary abilities, or a new dragon with the like. I can kill things faster with this added skill or I can FLY faster with this new dragon. Also I wasn't aware it was being carried over into future expansions. I guess that then makes all other mounts useless? idk.
    Yeah I'm not sure how they're going to handle carrying into future expansions tbh. I see a lot of people state that they'd want the system to be applied everywhere, replacing the old "swimming" flight entirely. But then there are fans of that method that riot just at the thought of that happening.

Either way, I'd hate for all of the flying mounts that I've collected over the years to suddenly be useless by being excluded from this system, as appears to be the case during Dragonflight. If they do decide to replace the flying outright with this system, I'd hope they'd at least apply it to old mounts too.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    flying isnt power
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Except it doesn't offer any power..?
    Now that depends on our interpretation of "power"

Now if the argument was "Is Dragon Riding Borrowed damage/healing output?" then OP would be a goof but power depends on how you see it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how they're going to handle carrying into future expansions tbh. I see a lot of people state that they'd want the system to be applied everywhere, replacing the old "swimming" flight entirely. But then there are fans of that method that riot just at the thought of that happening.

Either way, I'd hate for all of the flying mounts that I've collected over the years to suddenly be useless by being excluded from this system, as appears to be the case during Dragonflight. If they do decide to replace the flying outright with this system, I'd hope they'd at least apply it to old mounts too.
    The ideal for me would be to make it available everywhere and then let you apply a mount equipment that lets your normal mounts also use dragonflying. Maybe only certain ones if they are really concerned about animation problems. Then there could be a tradeoff where dragonflying is FAST, but the old mount style is more hands off as well as being more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Now that depends on our interpretation of "power"

Now if the argument was "Is Dragon Riding Borrowed damage/healing output?" then OP would be a goof but power depends on how you see it
    LOL nice, even defines it

move or travel with great speed or force.
    "they powered past the dock toward the mouth of the creek" Precisely what we will be doing

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    The ideal for me would be to make it available everywhere and then let you apply a mount equipment that lets your normal mounts also use dragonflying. Maybe only certain ones if they are really concerned about animation problems. Then there could be a tradeoff where dragonflying is FAST, but the old mount style is more hands off as well as being more precise.
    I could get on board with this as a compromise for the animation stuff.

It'll probably be incorporated into the old zones eventually, depends if they decide that perk should stay a dracthyr racial exclusive.

If I had to guess it'll probably be supported for any future expansions and they'll add it for the older ones if enough players heckle them for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Borrowed qol
    And I'll be surprised if it doesn't come forward

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know yet to your question, it is something they will assess through the expansion. We do know that old flight will come to Dragon isles later.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

extensions are borrowed games

10+ Year Old Account
    Per usual people can't even agree on what power is so this has already descended into the usual semantical bullshit. For what it's worth, I don't think it's power except in the sense that any QOL change can be justified as "power" if you squint at it long enough. The argument becomes pointless when it's possible to point at nearly anything and call it 'power'.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    flying isnt power, its utility at best and just a qol thing lol
    Ehhh.....I mean flying is definitely power since it 1/4 the time it takes to do tasks compared to if you had to be on the ground. You're definitely getting a big "boost" by being able to avoid mobs and terrain so you can just drop in where ever you'd like.