Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Putin wants Russia to be major world player, not his coven off in the corner.
    do you think he still has a realistic contingency plan for that?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

B
    Starlink is definitely subsidized by the US and he wouldn't be allowed to use it in Ukraine without a greenlight. Man is in his scamming bag. Probably borrowed too much from himself again and his books are not looking hot.
    Tesla has lost about 1/2 its value from its peak last november. Ended trading @ 204 today, peaked @ 411 (adjusting for the split) on nov 4. He's going to have to sell even more stock as soon as he's allowed to so he doesn't risk overleveraging from his twitter buy he's going to be forced to go through with and people are selling now because they know a drop is coming when he's finally allowed to sell again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    do you think he still has a realistic contingency plan for that?
    Become a major player? No Russia is far too corrupt. Self sabotage is in its DNA until they can get rid of the this thing where they pretend they are still the USSR. One of the reasons they fumbled so hard in this war because Putin did not realize how much people were skimming off the top.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Become a major player? No Russia is far too corrupt. Self sabotage is in its DNA until they can get rid of the this thing where they pretend they are still the USSR. One of the reasons they fumbled so hard in this war because Putin did not realize how much people were skimming off the top.
    I asked that if only because even now, Putin talks and acts in such a way he looks like he has a plan to come out on top somehow.

There's no visible distress on his face or tone like there would be if he were threatened.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-10-14 at 09:39 PM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

I asked that if only because even now, Putin talks and acts in such a way he looks like he has a plan to come out on top somehow.

There's no visible distress on his face or tone like there would be if he were threatened.
    You realise this man built his entire career on looking unperturbed?

10+ Year Old Account

Of course he looks strong and like he has all the plans. He's a dictator; A strongman. That's their entire shtick. The regime is dependent on it, and he damn well knows it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Tesla has lost about 1/2 its value from its peak last november. Ended trading @ 204 today, peaked @ 411 (adjusting for the split) on nov 4. He's going to have to sell even more stock as soon as he's allowed to so he doesn't risk overleveraging from his twitter buy he's going to be forced to go through with and people are selling now because they know a drop is coming when he's finally allowed to sell again.
    And the thing is that this guy’s stocks would probably be doing just swimmingly if he shut the hell up on Twitter and just focused on his electric cars and spaceships.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Putin has been looking a bit rattled of late - the 'unperturbed ' look has slipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Putin has been looking a bit rattled of late - the 'unperturbed ' look has slipped.
    And apparently he coughed and wheezed his way through a speech in Kazakhstan this week, so I'd say there's also visible distress there.

Hilarious that the gherkin and the other Russian milibloggers are now being arrested for 'discrediting the russian armed forces'. Wonder how long until they are 'volunteered' to fight in the war they have so fervently backed.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/S_V_Surovikin/st...CL2WcyulWDGIJw
    Russian General Surovikin offers Elon Musk official political asylum in Russia

The funny thing is they're not trying to troll him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    https://twitter.com/S_V_Surovikin/st...CL2WcyulWDGIJw
    Russian General Surovikin offers Elon Musk official political asylum in Russia

The funny thing is they're not trying to troll him.
    No shot the DoD let's that happen. Musk has signed that freedom away with SpaceX.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    No shot the DoD let's that happen. Musk has signed that freedom away with SpaceX.
    Musk probably would go to Russia. He is that dumb. Kinda expecting him to tweet about it at some point. Possibly just to get a reaction out of people, but still. He'd at least think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Hilarious that the gherkin and the other Russian milibloggers are now being arrested for 'discrediting the russian armed forces'. Wonder how long until they are 'volunteered' to fight in the war they have so fervently backed.
    So...they are now arresting their most fervent supporters? Interesting development. I could make a case that the kremlin is trying to get the narrative back under control as well as eliminating some obstacles for de-escalation. But that's probably way too optimistic. Either way, if the regime is starting to eat it's own so to say then that's usually not a great thing for the leadership.

Saudi Arabia, one of Russia's closest allies, voted against Putin's annexation referendum - not abstaining - and announced 400 million in humanitarian aid to Ukraine. For this, Zelensky thanked them.

Besides the many "whats" in mind, I'm disappointed in Zelenksy for thanking them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saudi Arabia, one of Russia's closest allies, voted against Putin's annexation referendum - not abstaining - and announced 400 million in humanitarian aid to Ukraine. For this, Zelensky thanked them.

Besides the many "whats" in mind, I'm disappointed in Zelenksy for thanking them.
    The hell are you on? Saudi Arabia isn't "one of russia's closest allies". And what was Zelenskyy supposed to do? Not say thank you? Bit rude isn't it? (now I get that it's a bit controversial but if you accept the money you might as well say thank you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    The hell are you on? Saudi Arabia isn't "one of russia's closest allies".
    Yes, they are. They're very unified in their hatred of the US, besides being authoritarian regimes. And while I won't go too much into it for the thread, have you been following the oil cut news lately?

Zelenskyy should have told them to fuck off considering how much he claims to champion democracy. The fact he said thank you to this evil regime makes me wonder if he'll say the same for anyone that, regardless of evil, offers humanitarian or militarstic aid. If Lukashenko abruptly turned on Putin and sided with Ukraine in the world's biggest historical upset, would he say thanks then? Hypothetically.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-10-15 at 12:14 AM.

Yes, they are. They're very unified in their hatred of the US, besides being authoritarian regimes. And while I won't go too much into it for the thread, have you been following the oil cut news lately?
    Amazing. Every word you just said was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact he said thank you to this evil regime makes me wonder if he'll say the same for anyone that, regardless of evil, offers humanitarian or militarstic aid. If Lukashenko abruptly turned on Putin and sided with Ukraine in the world's biggest historical upset, would he say thanks then? Hypothetically.
    Yes, he absolutely fucking would. Anyone would, in his situation.

Zelenskyy should have told them to fuck off considering how much he claims to champion democracy. The fact he said thank you to this evil regime makes me wonder if he'll say the same for anyone that, regardless of evil, offers humanitarian or militarstic aid. If Lukashenko abruptly turned on Putin and sided with Ukraine in the world's biggest historical upset, would he say thanks then? Hypothetically.
    It really is impressive how you managed to have some of the worst, most uninformed takes on almost every topic in this thread.

He was called a "champion of democracy" by Trudeau, but he's actually just a guy trying to protect his country who will accept just about any help offered.

I call Zelenksy that because if you visit Ukrainian hubs and hear his speeches, he regularly says things like "Russia must be stopped for the sake of democracy" or "Ukraine's fate will decide world democracy"

I'm convinced he genuinely thinks he's carrying out justice in some capacity right now.