Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - October 14, 2022

Wrath of the Lich King Classic Hotfixes - October 14, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Deep Wounds no longer triggers from non-Physical damage, such as the Fiery Weapon enchant.
      • Developers' note: Warriors have recently discovered that with the changes to Critical Strike Rating in Wrath, they can now get critical hits on spells quite often, and that those spell critical hits trigger Deep Wounds. Prior to Wrath, Warriors did not get increased spell critical chance from their gear. This discovery has resulted in players changing their enchantments on weapons to low-level enchantments that don't do much damage, but can trigger Deep Wounds and gain a significant damage increase over intended level 70-80 enchantments. Deep Wounds was never intended to benefit from these enchantments. Because of how Deep Wounds works, this advantage would continue to grow as Warriors gain better gear with more Critical Strike Rating. Additionally, some Warrior players are now looking for additional sources of spell damage from low-level sources, that they could use to gain increased Deep Wounds damage. We feel that this would only become more problematic, so it's best to resolve it quickly, before a lot of time and resources are invested into it. While it is a creative use of game mechanics, this would eventually be damaging to player and class fantasies, as well as very unintuitive for newer players.
    • Deadly Gladiator's Tabard is now purchasable from Arena vendors for the duration of Arena Season 5.
    • Sapphiron has learned how to fly properly during the air phase.
    • Morlia Doomwing should now offer flights to eligible players from the Shadow Vault.
    • Figurine - Emerald Boar trinket will now properly match the player's level.
    • Priest Trainers no longer offer the quest to teach Desperate Prayer.
    • Players can now travel safely on their flying mounts across Valgarde in Howling Fjord.

another set of hotfixes with broken heirlooms T_T

what's wrong with heirlooms? they arent working? the only thing i notice you cant do DK enchant on heirloom weapon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fu11noob View Post
    what's wrong with heirlooms? they arent working? the only thing i notice you cant do DK enchant on heirloom weapon
    secondary stats on heirlooms such as crit, haste, hit, resilience etc. is not working.

main stats (str/agi etc.), attack power/spellpower and experience do work as intended.
    --- https://www.youtube.com/citanoo
    --- http://www.twitch.tv/Citano
    * Former retail raider of <Pacifism>, <Forte> and <Envy>
    * Part of classic guild <APES> from day 1

Woo, I can finally fly to/from Shadow Vault!

10+ Year Old Account
    damn and here I was hoping I could capitalize on that expl... "Creative Use Of Game Mechanics"

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post
    another set of hotfixes with broken heirlooms T_T
    They're already fixed, stop crying and read more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    They're not fixed though.

BOA Staff from Wintergrasp says 3 hit rating at level 8, character sheet says 0. I should have almost 8% hit. I still miss melee swings.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Can you link where this is? I went through all previous hotfix postings since Wrath release, and didn't see it. I also can't see that they have been fixed in-game.

They're not.

Theory crafting is bad, bugged heirlooms is good!

10+ Year Old Account
    So... a post I saw on Reddit says that heirloom secondaries are working inside instances but not out in world.

which makes this whole Heirloom thing even weirder.

Level 10 Draenei with 4 hit rating should be able to melee anything. right?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So... a post I saw on Reddit says that heirloom secondaries are working inside instances but not out in world.

Level 10 Draenei with 4 hit rating should be able to melee anything. right?
    in theory yeah....but some people say cucumbers taste better pickled
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

This is the closest we'll see to Classic+

Its wrath...but wait not like that!

Play it the proper way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

Following up, sent the PVP staff to a character that can use it, popped it on, zero hit on the character sheet.

Zoned into Ragefire Chasm, he had the Hit and the Resilience on his character sheet. Zoned out and they were gone.

Blizzard... what the fuck lol

Another quirk, you can't link the BOAs anywhere. Dunno if that was how it was back in Wrath or not but... Yeah
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Will this change also inadvertently nerf Shadowmourne for warriors? I don't see why Blizzard feels the need to decide what "class fantasy" is correct or incorrect. Just let us play the game, and stop attempting to moderate via the narrow lens that retail receives.
    Last edited by yogma; 2022-10-16 at 02:42 PM.

I'm guessing this absolutely hoses protection warriors using thunder clap to apply deeps wounds to large packs for damage/threat? Kinda scuffed.