7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well news here are that Putin send troops to Belarus (unknown number) to prevent any terorists attacks. If this is true (wich i dont think so, as the news souce is un-trusty), this means they would force Belorus army to attack Ukraine under a gunpoint.
    Wut? Russian army will go to Belarus and force Belarusian army to attack with them? Not happening. Like, how would they achieve that? Threaten them on their own territory? And besides, Luka alr announced a joint operations a week ago. So it may be it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wut? Russian army will go to Belarus and force Belarusian army to attack with them? Not happening. Like, how would they achieve that? Threaten them on their own territory? And besides, Luka alr announced a joint operations a week ago. So it may be it.
    Sounds like the kind of thing the RuZZians would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well news here are that Putin send troops to Belarus (unknown number) to prevent any terorists attacks. If this is true (wich i dont think so, as the news souce is un-trusty), this means they would force Belorus army to attack Ukraine under a gunpoint.
    Translation: Preventing the Belarusian population from revolting against their government if Belarus enters the war more actively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Translation: Preventing the Belarusian population from revolting against their government if Belarus enters the war more actively.
    That would still be a bit counterproductive as that would tie up russian troops in Belarus when they could be sent to Ukraine...as badly trained as as the russians are I assume their equipment and training is still better than the Belarussians... On the other hand russia has been robbing the Belarusian ammo stockpiles so it's not as if they could do a lot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    That would still be a bit counterproductive as that would tie up russian troops in Belarus when they could be sent to Ukraine...as badly trained as as the russians are I assume their equipment and training is still better than the Belarussians... On the other hand russia has been robbing the Belarusian ammo stockpiles so it's not as if they could do a lot anyway.
    I think that is part of Lukashenko's plan - to be seen as helping Russia without actually having to get his troops across the border - by first claiming that they helped with ammo and then that they cannot send any troops, since they are out of ammo.

And a completely different worrying sign:

Norway capturing another Russian flying drones and photographing airports.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ty/ar-AA12ZoTa

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Norway capturing another Russian flying drones and photographing airports.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ty/ar-AA12ZoTa
    I'm still impressed at Russia's ability to install foreign agents
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm still impressed at Russia's ability to install foreign agents
    The impressive part is not russia's ability to install foreign agents, but other countries inability to just fucking deport russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The impressive part is not russia's ability to install foreign agents, but other countries inability to just fucking deport russians.
    I remember about a week ago, a bunch of Russians in Germany(?) that escaped Putin's war conscription held a pro-Russian rally in favor of Putin. It's pretty crazy.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    You're right though, he's in a bind. He's losing prestige, authority and credibility by the second.
    And we love to see it. He'll run out of some of those eventually and then it is windowing time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And we love to see it. He'll run out of some of those eventually and then it is windowing time for him.
    Putin will never be assassinated or die anything but naturally. Remember he is the richest man in the world. That's why he still has an efficient security force

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    Putin will never be assassinated or die anything but naturally. Remember he is the richest man in the world. That's why he still has an efficient security force
    All it takes is one man to be greedier than the rest. Besides, ever heard of the Praetorian Guard? No? Well, those were the bodyguards of the Roman emperors, more than one emperor got unalived by his own bodyguards.

Being the richest man in the world is only a guarantee in the short term, you see, if the guy that wants to replace you is the leader of your bodyguards you have an issue. Assassination is a real option.

buncha orcs in belograd got slotted

Russian officials say two volunteer soldiers opened fire at military firing range near Ukraine, killing 11 and wounding 15 before they were killed. They said the volunteers were from an unnamed ex-Soviet nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Seems it's prestige that'll go first, he's getting snubbed left, right and center. The man that made everyone wait for him is reduced to waiting for others at photo ops. (and yes, we love to see it.)

Its also what happens when you build an 'alliance' on fear and submission rather then actual genuine cooperation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    buncha orcs in belograd got slotted

Russian officials say two volunteer soldiers opened fire at military firing range near Ukraine, killing 11 and wounding 15 before they were killed. They said the volunteers were from an unnamed ex-Soviet nation.
    I've heard that state media has named them as Tajik, the same country whose president just had the 7 minute rant on Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I've heard that state media has named them as Tajik, the same country whose president just had the 7 minute rant on Putin.
    Sounds like they just grabbed a bunch of ex-soviet citizens off the street and where surprised when it turned out foreign nationals didn't want to go and die for the glory of Putin.

Renowned conductor Yurii Kerpatenko killed by Russians

Yurii Kerpatenko, principal conductor at the Kherson Music and Drama Theatre, has been killed by Russian occupiers in Kherson.

His death was announced on 14 October, said the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy.

The ministry said Yurii Kerpatenko had been shot dead by the Russian military in his own home after he refused to cooperate with the invaders.

Journalist Olena Vanina was the first to report the conductor’s murder. She noted that it is now difficult to find out any details of the murder.

Ukrainska Pravda
    Sat, October 15, 2022 at 5:34 AM
    Mykhailo Zahorodnii, staff writer at UP.Zyttia

Yurii Kerpatenko, principal conductor at the Kherson Music and Drama Theatre, has been killed by Russian occupiers in Kherson.

His death was announced on 14 October, said the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy.

The ministry said Yurii Kerpatenko had been shot dead by the Russian military in his own home after he refused to cooperate with the invaders.

Journalist Olena Vanina was the first to report the conductor’s murder. She noted that it is now difficult to find out any details of the murder.

"Today it became known that the conductor of the Kherson Philharmonic has been shot by the occupiers. He had refused to cooperate with them, and they said they would be back. They showed up at his house and shot him right there", Vanina wrote on Facebook.

Vanina also noted that Kerpatenko had stopped contact with colleagues back in September.

The Ministry of Culture, citing regional media, said the invaders and collaborators had planned to organise a "gala concert" featuring the famous Hilea Chamber Orchestra on International Music Day, 1 October.

The occupiers wanted to use this concert to show that "peaceful life" had supposedly been established in Kherson.

Yurii Kerpatenko had been working at the Kherson Oblast Philharmonic since 2000, and he became principal conductor at the Mykola Kulish Music and Drama Theatre in Kherson in 2004.

Kerpatenko was also the principal conductor of the Hilea Chamber Orchestra.

Yurii refused to leave Kherson after the beginning of the full-scale war and the occupation of the city and was open about his pro-Ukrainian stance.
    This is just pathetic. They could not even pretend for a month that the referendums were legit. Though this does again bring up the question of what will happen to the collborators if Ukraine is finally able to take the city back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post

This is just pathetic. They could not even pretend for a month that the referendums were legit. Though this does again bring up the question of what will happen to the collborators if Ukraine is finally able to take the city back.
    They will either be lynched in public by lynch mobs or in prison after being convicted for treason.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post

Traitors hang.