Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    With those lore books, guess we'll be headed to Uldorus before too long.

Also Avaloren is, name-wise, clearly based off Avalon. Makes me wonder.

Based on the wording of the report, Innaria isn't a rebel, the rebelling heretics did something to (and presumably killed) Innaria.

That would also be why this Avaloren's thematic naming doesn't gel with Innaria. Innaria wasn't one of the heretics (who, presumably, named Avaloren), they fought them.

It can also be sheer chance they used the name.

Remember, there's two Hakkars.
    Pretty much every original book is sourced somewhere song of ice and fire is based on the war of roses

None of the warcraft pantheons are original. Most likely both characters are based on the same mythologocal figure.

Not like wrath of the loch king copied the mcu cus both have a loki
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ugh they couldn’t have just saved some face and made the titans the first ones could they? Titan titans are so incredibly lame.
    Since they've been setting up Void Lords to be as powerful as titans (and also the Pantheon of death but no one cares about them), I don't think the fact titans are not the First One is that bad.

I'll agree it's just pushing a step further what the titans were in the original lore tho. And I'll also agree that having Khaz'Goroth as the shaper of mountains was way cooler than robot do bzzt bzzt.

Odyn knowing about Zereth Ordos means that he might simply know about other Zereth, which makes the whole "Sargeras became crazy because he saw the void" completely stupid since he probably knew about Zereth Ordos himself so I hope they'll have a good explaination about that shit. (Spoiler : They won't)

Dammit, they did realize Prot was even more OP than Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Was the Dragonflight novel cancelled or what happened to it? I haven't seen anything from it, it was supposed to come out November 22, but the Amazon listing changed to nothingness releasing in 2026.
    So nobody can answer this? A book was announced back during Dragonflight announcement iirc, but it just seems to have been forgotten? I can't find any recent information about it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Since they've been setting up Void Lords to be as powerful as titans (and also the Pantheon of death but no one cares about them), I don't think the fact titans are not the First One is that bad.

I'll agree it's just pushing a step further what the titans were in the original lore tho. And I'll also agree that having Khaz'Goroth as the shaper of mountains was way cooler than robot do bzzt bzzt.

Odyn knowing about Zereth Ordos means that he might simply know about other Zereth, which makes the whole "Sargeras became crazy because he saw the void" completely stupid since he probably knew about Zereth Ordos himself so I hope they'll have a good explaination about that shit. (Spoiler : They won't)
    The explanation for Sargeras going crazy could have simply been that he considers reality the realm of Order, and that the Void Lords destroying it would be horrible. Really it doesnt change much of his motivation except being aware that there is someone higher than him who presumably doesnt care that the Void Lords are planning to conquer everything.
    In fact, you could argue that him preferring the universe to be destroyed is simply him practicing scorched earth tactics on reality rather than let the Titans lose their grip on what all the cosmic forces want, and which the Titans presumably have a pretty firm grip on controlling.

Really the bigger question isnt why Sargeras cared about the world being destroyed, but why the Titans are in reality to begin with, and not in their own Order themed realm.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The bigger, bigger question, is why didn't the Titans use Zereth Ordos to "order" the entire reality at once, similar to how the Janitor tried to. After all, they had the knowledge of it and more than likely had unlimited access to their Zereth and the means to power it up?

The even bigger, bigger question, is why didn't Sargeras "unmake" the entire existence that way? After destroying the Pantheon, he likely had access to both Zereths- of Order and Chaos, plus he had a spare titan(Argus) to fuel the process?

Something tells me that we're in for a lot more retc... I mean "new information". If I had to bet, the next in line is that Azeroth is not a nascent Titan, but a First One.

Just when the shitshow called Shadowlands started to fade from my memory and I was looking forward to an "untainted" new journey in Dragonflight, Steve "many threads of a rope" Danuser had to continue his "fuck the old lore" crusade.
    unclench your jaw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    The bigger, bigger question, is why didn't the Titans use Zereth Ordos to "order" the entire reality at once, similar to how the Janitor tried to. After all, they had the knowledge of it and more than likely had unlimited access to their Zereth and the means to power it up?
    Tbf, smurf nipple man had to dominate Azeroth for that to happen.

Whereas Thul and co. want her to be born.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Normal Raid is open on Beta. Lots of lore bits.

The even bigger, bigger question, is why didn't Sargeras "unmake" the entire existence that way? After destroying the Pantheon, he likely had access to both Zereths- of Order and Chaos, plus he had a spare titan(Argus) to fuel the process?

Something tells me that we're in for a lot more retc... I mean "new information". If I had to bet, the next in line is that Azeroth is not a nascent Titan, but a First One.

Just when the shitshow called Shadowlands started to fade from my memory and I was looking forward to an "untainted" new journey in Dragonflight, Steve "many threads of a rope" Danuser had to continue his "fuck the old lore" crusade.
    Titans have a long history of unused engines. But I guess they're going to do as UndedoKoleda said.

I mean if there is a Pantheon that was going to obey its makers it would be the Order pantheon.

And yeah I am also thinking Azeroth is pretty much the Omega of the First Ones or something of that sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So nobody can answer this? A book was announced back during Dragonflight announcement iirc, but it just seems to have been forgotten? I can't find any recent information about it.
    There has been no update. Even Amazon still only has it as untitled wow book with a release date of november 2026. So I would guess it's not gonne be ready anytime soon. Wowhead posted something about a dragon guide recently, maybe Blizzard thought that one was going to sell better and froze the other one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tbf, smurf nipple man had to dominate Azeroth for that to happen.

Whereas Thul and co. want her to be born.
    I imagine they have some reservations using an unborn baby of their own species as fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you didn't pay attention in Shadowlands. Accessing Zereth Ordos may well have been why he needed to "convert" the Pantheon - it probably has a security system similar to Mortis.

As for why they didn't order reality that way, it may well not be possible. Destroying things is easier than rebuilding. Also, remember that out of the Death pantheon, only one was willing to go against the First One's rules and even enter it. And you're now asking why the Order Pantheon isn't doing it? Did you even spend a second thinking about that?

Maybe you should spend less time raging about how bad Shadowlands is and more on learning what actually happened there.

1) Is there a date for prepatch yet?
    2) Are we going to get animated shorts like we did for the last expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1) Is there a date for prepatch yet?
    28th of October, the day after the Season 4 of SL ends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yes.

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I imagine they have some reservations using an unborn baby of their own species as fuel.
    Yes, of course. The First Ones specifically tuned the Zereths to be accessible only if a Titan soul is to be sacrificed. It's a real shame, that the Titan Pantheon, which traversed the entire universe and probably had plenty of other insanely potent sources of power, had only that single option of sacrificing an unborn baby in order to power the Zereth. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Only if you didn't pay attention in Shadowlands. Accessing Zereth Ordos may well have been why he needed to "convert" the Pantheon - it probably has a security system similar to Mortis.

As for why they didn't order reality that way, it may well not be possible. Destroying things is easier than rebuilding. Also, remember that out of the Death pantheon, only one was willing to go against the First One's rules and even enter it. And you're now asking why the Order Pantheon isn't doing it? Did you even spend a second thinking about that?

Maybe you should spend less time raging about how bad Shadowlands is and more on learning what actually happened there.
    I admit, at some point I stopped paying attention to the Shadowlands(for my own sake). I followed the story to the point, where the Jailer managed to reach Zereth Mortis some five minutes after being set free. Oh, and about five minutes later, the Primus forged a brand new batch of sigils, which were sufficient to open again the gateway to the same Zereth Mortis. So what exactly was stopping Sargeras, who had near unlimited resources and freedom(and the spirits of the original Pantheon on Argus), from doing the same?

And why wouldn't the Pantheon of Order go all out to fulfill its purpose and ultimate goal and bring order to the entire universe? Contrary to the popular belief, they are not robots programmed to do something, unquestionably. They killed one Old God on Azeroth, and then decided to imprison the rest. They are perfectly capable of critical thinking and have free will(as we know from the entire saga of Sargeras). Additionally, they have no problem outright lying about the existence of the First Ones and their role, so what would stop them from going to Zereth Ordos and do exactly the thing that they strive most to?
    Last edited by UndedoKoleda; 2022-10-15 at 06:14 PM.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    28th of October, the day after the Season 4 of SL ends.
    Not officially, but a fairly safe bet - and it'd be October 25th for US and 26th for EU.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Not officially, but a fairly safe bet - and it'd be October 25th for US and 26th for EU.
    Ahh yeah, I was confusing it for the 28th of November for the proper release.
    And I feel like it has to be the day after the season ends. What else could possibly happen afterwards? A week of nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ahh yeah, I was confusing it for the 28th of November for the proper release.
    And I feel like it has to be the day after the season ends. What else could possibly happen afterwards? A week of nothing?
    Yep, can't see they'd leave it a week after the season ends, however, if it will be 25/26 then they need to announce it this week surely? Ideally with a schedule - ie - when does the event start, when is the dungeon available, when are Evokers playable etc. It's already going to be a short (ish) pre patch at just 4 resets until the expansion. My bet is:

25th/26th Pre patch, talent changes, new UI, professions etc

1st/2nd Evokers and Dungeon

8th/9th Event

That gives people a week to see the new UI and talents before the new class and dungeon, then a week to play around with them before the event starts and the event will last just over 2 weeks.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

1+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting dialogue from raid entrance between Kalecgos and Khadgar regarding a certain bronze dragon.