I would like to buy it too

Apparently Gotham Knights will be capped at 30 fps on consoles.

https://twitter.com/Batman_Beware/st...-ml4ucXww&s=19

This is incredibly disappointing. I wasn't super excited for this game but I was gonna pick it up depending on what the reviews say. I guess I'll be getting it on PC if this is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 fps on a modern console? Assuming that's not because it's in 4k. Oof.

This game is going to have a ton of optimization issues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    30 fps on a modern console? Assuming that's not because it's in 4k. Oof.

This game is going to have a ton of optimization issues.
    They claim its due to the untethered coop but that doesn't explain why we can't have 60 fps when playing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    They claim its due to the untethered coop but that doesn't explain why we can't have 60 fps when playing alone.
    Yep ill be waiting for the 60FPS update that will more than likely come later. Watch_Dogs Legion said the same thing and it got a update just a few months later.

Honestly this gen has just been a joke and the main feature that's really getting used is 60FPS. If they can't provide that at launch ill just wait. The PS5 and Series X can handle this game at 60FPS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I checked out the RE Village Gold demo and unfortunately you can not see Ethan's face in third person mode. He always turns away from the camera which bothers me more than I thought it would.

Third person mode is neat but I think I prefer first person. Still a nice option to have.

Never could get into Sackboy A Big Adventure. Lots of repetition, boring, not much novelty, not really a fun game despite it trying to appeal to fun. Good music.

Played it right after Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Astro's Playroom, which did it no favors, but to me after playing Crash 4 and Rayman Legends lately, Sackboy A Big Adventure is middling at best.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfou...ss-performance

Sounds like they developed for PS4 and ported to PS5. Says game is smooth and polished on PS5, but the quality modes don't offer much of a leap. There is an excerpt in there that reminds me of the affect XSS has on this gen, starts with, "And that brings us back to the topic of cross-gen - God of War: Ragnarök is unabashedly a PlayStation 4 game" that whole paragraph.

I mean, I already knew all this from just looking at the game before, but it is good to see a well explained argument for what budget option(or legacy consoles that have lived longer than they should) consoles actually tempt the dev teams with. Most people prefer silky smooth anyway, are they really losing anything not having a crazy looking 30fps option that no one really plays and costs a lot more money to build?

I'm not bashing Ragnarok, graphics NEVER MATTERED ANYWAY to game quality, and I've preordered, may buy twice, so hyped I can't even believe and this article affects that hype not at all, I'm just posting this link for discussion purposes. I also prefer games that are silky smooth and polished to games that are 30fps and supposedly better looking. Also, he does call the graphics in the game a triumph overall, so this game does have great graphics.

It's worth noting that Rose(ie re village xpak) is the same way. Feels like a maxed out PC game to me. Village(which I originally played on PS5 iirc) didn't strike me that way, like it had some performance issues, but Rose feels 100% maxed out pc port performance.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-11-03 at 08:44 PM.

Some reviews are live for GOW Ragnarok:

WOW look at those reviews, sick!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...f-war-ragnarok

Lowest review so far on metacritic is an 80, lol. Sony just doing some recementing like it's not a big deal. 2022 is the year of the Ring and the Rock! 2 games to rule them all.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-11-03 at 09:45 PM.

Reviews seem to agree that it's basically 2018 with somewhat better graphics and some improvements to combat and world/quest design, with not much changing dramatically and a story that is different yet just as good.

All I wanted to hear TBH. 2018 is such a great game that just more of it is welcome if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't really hyped for Ragnarok because I knew it was a day 1 buy anyway. No amount of new, promos, whatever, would have changed that for me. It hit me that it drops in 2 days...just 2 days and now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

This story has been making the rounds.

I saw over the weekend IGN Korea gives Ragnarok a 6/10. Very harsh sounding review. Was the biggest story I saw tracking on gaming sites literally all weekend, number 1 top by miles story. It would not surprise me if IGN Korea gets more clicks for their 6/10 review than IGN gets for their 10/10 review.

Here is the review:

https://kr-ign-com.translate.goog/go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Literally, as soon as their story times out and is removed from my news aggregate, a brand new story pops up:

https://www.dualshockers.com/god-of-...iving-6-of-10/

Clearly, any death threat to anyone is or should be illegal, and is not acceptable behavior. Harassment is also unacceptable.

I notice this is now the new top story. Really, lots and lots of clicks over this now "story" of 6/10 review and subsequent harassment.

Anyway...turns out the guy is a film directory, indie dev and "guest critic".

I would suggest not using "guest" indie devs in place of professional critics. The indie dev I know is my friend, but also a super hipster who hates anything mainstream and would probably give this game less than a 6/10 if anyone gave him the opportunity do an IGN review(which they should not, lol). He also does not agree and will not use the current scale that all other game reviewers use, and insists on using the full scale, while also docking points for things that others would consider standard. So yeah, imo, be careful when letting "guest critic" do a really big review.

Of course all opinions are just opinions. This review is not currently on Metacritic and the lowest review on PS5 still stands at 80/100 after 125 reviews.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-11-07 at 07:54 PM.

Finding reviewers is hard. Budgets for staff are smaller and smaller especially as outlets change hands (GameSpot moving from CBS to Redventures to Fandom in the past few years, for example), so they lean more on freelancers and outside editors for a lot of reviews etc. (keeping a bunch of reviewers on staff year round is expensive). And with freelance budgets also shrinking (Getting $150 for a review you spent 40+ hours working on is super good pay!...not) the quality of work often suffers in the process.

This is like a more extreme example of when Uncharted 3 received an 8/10 from Eurogamer and the reviewer got death threats and harassment for that "sin". It's not even tracked on Metacritic so it's not impacting the score, and otherwise is simply "bad review" which happens. Meh.

Opinions are fine, if he legitimately thought the game was a 6/10 it's whatever that's his opinion.

This dude was clearly troll baiting though so my sympathy drops a bit, especially since he was condescending about it on twitter cause "Im a dev I know better". Dude is straight up calling himself a dev and at the same time saying Ragnarok is a quickly made DLC for the first game. His comment is borderline harassment to the devs that spent years making a 40 hour game with attention to detail out the ass.

People sending him death threats are idiots tho. The people just telling him he's stupid on the other hand, he brought that on himself.

Been hearing good thing about Frontiers, will probably check it out once I'm done with GoW and maybe after I'm finished Harvestella. Will depend on my mood.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another month with Sony failing to justify the existence of PS+ premium. They could at least throw in the occasional day 1 release like Stray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart companies stopped trying to compete Game Pass because Microsoft has shown its willing to cut profits in the short-term for the long-term.

It would benefit Sony to get other publishers on board with their service the way Microsoft does with EA and Ubisoft. Sony wants people to partner with them simply because they are Sony without incentive. Microsoft throws Game Pass in your face all over the place, does tons of cross promotions, PCs come with a free month now. I've given so many damn Game Pass codes away because they are always giving them out on some service.

Sony needs to add its PC ports to the service and then use that as way to promote streaming games to PC players. Maybe give people GOOD trials of the service. Do cross promo on Crunkyroll, spam trials on Discord the way Microsoft does with Game Pass. I doubt EAs partnership with Game Pass is exclusive, do the same thing.

Ragnarok should have been on the service. Microsoft is not afraid to put exclusives on Game Pass and they sell a bunch of subscriptions because of it. Hell I actually subbed to Sony so I could play the PS5 version of Ghost and figured I could spend the rest of the time playing games I was interested in but never purchase PEOPLE WILL SUB FOR EXCLUSIVES SONY AND HOW THEY USE GAME PASS.

Sony has this weird since of pride that bites them in the ass every few years.

Also Ragnarok is good. It's what you expect from the previous game with polish. If liked 2018 you will like Ragnarok. They don't really waste time either, just like 'yup same thing but better'
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-11-11 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Ragnarok should have been on the service.
    Then it would have higher production values than all SP games added day 1 to pass combined. There is a reason Sony is not willing to give out hundreds of millions of dollars in production day 1 to a sub service and forgo initial sales.

You guys are insane to keep expecting this. MS doesn't make insanely high budget SP games like Sony for a reason(closest thing is bethesda and uhh, bethesda can barely animate limbs let alone faces, skin and emotion in general just one example of it not even being the same ballpark), and Sony isn't interested in putting their large scale SP games on a sub service day 1 for a reason. Stop expecting either strategy to somehow magically become the same.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-11-11 at 10:50 AM.

God of War is really good. It has exploration that is so far more rewarding and better in every way from part 1. This year 2 of my favorite games ever came out, god of war ragnarok and elden ring. Ring already in my top 10, Ragnarok looking like it is headed that direction. I'm just really shocked as this year hasn't blown my socks off otherwise, but as it stands now, 2022 is the home to at least two games that imo are essential games, head and shoulders above most of the competition. Just really well done games. Derivative each, but such master classes, it's easier to forget the excellent past games.

As always, the quality will be remembered long after the price is forgotten.

The options for gameplay/qol tweaks in the menu are staggering. Do yourself a favor and learn all the stuff in the menus.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-11-15 at 10:56 PM.