Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely enough, our bullpen management seemed to work out.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Profar just made the worst successful sacrifice bunt I've ever seen.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Seattle and la really underperforming
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Seattle and la really underperforming
    The pitching has been up to the task for both teams, but the bats went silent.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo uhh any big time bats hitting FA next year aside from Judge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Edwin Diaz just exploded his knee Kendrys Morales style celebrating a win in the WBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that awesome game between Mexico and Japan will shut up all the whiners saying the WBC is too risky and doesn't mean anything.
    /s

The game between Mexico and Japan was probably the first baseball I've enjoyed since the Red Sox went from 3-0 down against the Yankees in the ALCS to win the Series and break the Curse in 2004.

I wish I cared about MLB at all. But these kind of nation-based tournaments are always fun, and I wish my sport du jure that has a large international presence (hockey) would do this on professional levels, instead of just holding World Junior tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trout and Ohtani carrying the flags and leading their countries onto the field, the two best players on the two best teams... how shit are the Angels to do nothing with these guys?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Trout and Ohtani carrying the flags and leading their countries onto the field, the two best players on the two best teams... how shit are the Angels to do nothing with these guys?
    Makes the owners being like "we're selling the team this year!" then 3 months later being like "oknvmlol" even more weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I updated title and first post link to the first post about WBC. That's close enough to real start of MLB season I presume?

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening day, wooo. Managed to finagle a free MLB.tv season from a friend with T-Mobile.
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So can we all agree that the Tampa Bay Rays are frauds and going 13-0 to start the season was entirely due to them having a soft schedule playing against teams with garbage tier pitching? Because they've not looked at all threatening against the Jays this weekend so far. Granted, our pitching has actually been good rather than dog shit like it was against the Cardinals and Angels at the start of the season. I think it takes guys a couple of games to find their rhythm, and with the rule changes adding the pitch clock, it takes a bit of time getting used to adjustments.

So far I like the rule changes, though I wish they'd dump the runner on second in extra innings rule now that scoring is up considerably and the shift is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So can we all agree that the Tampa Bay Rays are frauds and going 13-0 to start the season was entirely due to them having a soft schedule playing against teams with garbage tier pitching? Because they've not looked at all threatening against the Jays this weekend so far. Granted, our pitching has actually been good rather than dog shit like it was against the Cardinals and Angels at the start of the season. I think it takes guys a couple of games to find their rhythm, and with the rule changes adding the pitch clock, it takes a bit of time getting used to adjustments.

So far I like the rule changes, though I wish they'd dump the runner on second in extra innings rule now that scoring is up considerably and the shift is gone.
    I figured that was established now that we are starting to see the trajectory of the teams they faced. Rather start slow vs starting hot though.

Most the rule changes have been alright. Love the shift changes. Pitch clock is alright. I like it watching on TV, would hate it at a game. Still hate the ghost runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Still hate the ghost runner.
    I like the extra drama it adds, but it will never not feel wrong to me.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

https://sports.yahoo.com/world-serie...030139876.html
    World Series 2023: Texas Rangers win first World Series title with 5-0 victory vs. Diamondbacks in Game 5

15+ Year Old Account
    Blessed be the not Astros. I really thought the diamondbacks would put up a better fight. Guess they really needed that game 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the Ohtani shenanigans and MLB starting an investigation this thread might see action again. Updated for 2024.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ippei's whole life story is unraveling, he said he graduated from UC Riverside, they say he never attended; he said he worked for the Red Sox, they never heard of him - dude is a shyster.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The DOJ report on the situation 100% clears Ohtani. Ippei is a swindler. Ironic how he started ghosting his broker after Ohtani took that differed contract.