Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    NO. You just want to paint me in that color.
    No.

When dozens of people are telling you what you're saying is X, chances are extremely high that it's X. Especially when the only people 'defending' you are people who are also saying X.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I actually went and read that. And it's a nice take, one that bomber guy, just claim it exists, but yet couldn't produce one.

What worries me is that he's very careful in expressing his disagreements and the issues he has with the show. It's like tiptoeing. I assume it's because being in patreon.com, doesn't want to express himself in a way that will alienate part of the readers.

The comments below that were also very interesting. Many of them agreed on my takes on the show, but hey, in MMO, let's pick the political side of that guy's arguments about why the show was bad, and call him things.

No, i expected that. And i genuinely don't mind. I merely state it to showcase that it's easier here to do what you accuse others of doing.
    /spit@Blizzard

What worries me is that he's very careful in expressing his disagreements and the issues he has with the show. It's like tiptoeing. I assume it's because being in patreon.com, doesn't want to express himself in a way that will alienate part of the readers.
    Eh, that's more his standard style. Hulk is rarely bombastic in his takes, but he usually provides in-depth reasoning for it. Just be happy he isn't still posting in all caps HULK SPEAK!

As for being cautious, he stated up front that he knows many people that worked on the show, which is a more salient reason than whatever webhost he's using.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also, Hulk liked the show. He just discussed some interesting issues with it. Which we also want to do. Preferably without the "this is the worst show ever" brigade.

I thought the show picked up in the end, so I wouldn’t mind a second season. The finale was a great comic accurate stunt that She Hulk would pull. I do hope we get more of her just being on the edge of the MCU, trying to make a living and staying out of the world ending insanity. Tatiana and Ginger really carried this show. Like any streaming show, a dud episode or two really hurts when there’s only single digits of them, the one thing I miss about ~20+ episode seasons.

This thread, however, has to be the worst case of people getting baited and rolling around in obvious bullshit I’ve ever seen on this board. It’s like you’re all so caught up in a performance that you can’t just let dumb shit stand on its own. The “good guys” don’t lose because a troll gets zero rebuttals to their bait.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The way it works is at the convenience of the one calling people trolls. Which is why its an oxymoron. "I dont want to argue with this guy so i'l just call him a troll, fachist, right wing, racist" whatever fotm slogan people are using to - in their own mind- win by moral superiority. And the truth is that that kind of rhetoric that most people including mods and ex mods in this thread are using is dividing people much more then nessesary. There is extremely few people in this thread who have actually used language that puts them in any of said categories - but literally everyone who has critisism of the show has been called something if not everything on that list
    Again, that isn't what an oxymoron is. Even if I grant you are 100% correct in this post, you are still wrong to say what I said was an oxymoron.

Oxymoron has to be contradictory. Married bachelor, unfaithful faith, born fetuses, etc ... even if all opponents are trolls, it does not create a contradiction. No contradiction, no oxymoron there. I don't want to talk to X, and everyone who says Y are X, is a non-contradictory statement even if said statement is false.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the correction. Not for the blatant ad hominem, which is your suite, i suppose.
    And you still don't understand what an ad hominem is.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-16 at 08:10 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    No.

When dozens of people are telling you what you're saying is X, chances are extremely high that it's X. Especially when the only people 'defending' you are people who are also saying X.
    It's not the opinions of the most that count. It's the opinions of the best.

I'm not claiming i belong in the latter. But i do claim the best are not in here as well.

And, frankly my dear, i don't care what the mob says.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Again, that isn't what an oxymoron is. Even if I grant you are 100% correct in this post, you are still wrong to say what I said was an oxymoron.

Oxymoron has to be contradictory. Married bachelor, unfaithful faith, born fetuses, etc ... even if all opponents are trolls, it does not create a contradiction. No contradiction, no oxymoron there. I don't want to talk to X, and everyone who says Y are X, is a non-contradictory statement even if said statement is false.

- - - Updated - - -

And you still don't understand what an ad hominem is.
    Sure. You're definitely the authority on that.

Not the ad hominem definition. The general dismissing.
    /spit@Blizzard

Thanks for the correction. Not for the blatant ad hominem, which is your suite, i suppose.
    I see no "ad hominem" present in the post you responded too. You may want to readjust your sensitivity.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the opinions of the most that count. It's the opinions of the best.

I'm not claiming i belong in the latter. But i do claim the best are not in here as well.
    If you only care about the opinions of the best...and the best are not here...why are you still here?

Go off on your epic quest to discover the "best".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who said i'm here for the opinions of the best? I'm here to state my opinions.

Whether you accept them or not is irrelevant. And definitely don't come here to assert myself as anything.
    /spit@Blizzard

Who said i'm here for the opinions of the best? I'm here to state my opinions.
    And you've stated them. Over and Over again. Mission accomplished.

Why keep responding to "the mob" when you don't care about what they have to say?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's called discussion. Try it sometimes, since you seem to fail utterly doing it with me.
    /spit@Blizzard

It's called discussion. Try it sometimes, since you seem to fail utterly doing it with me.
    Again, you're the one that says he doesn't care about what "the mob" has to say... you only care about the opinions of the "best"...and you've made it clear that you don't think anyone here qualifies. By your own words, you aren't interested in a discussion here.

I'm not the one failing to have a discussion here.

After everyone can't stop bitching (and apparantly watching for whatever reason) this show i thought i give it a shot.

And honestly the only scene that was weird was the whole catcalling thing.

Other than that it is actually really entertaining. Comedy. And for once intended comedy in the MCU.

Have to distance me again for a while from 9gag and youtube... stupid echochambers made me think this show is bad. And as it turns out... it is not.
    Same story with Rings of power.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The catcalling scene is something that has been horribily misrepresented. People act like what she is saying is that being catcalled is worse than the experiences Bruce has had as the Hulk. And that's not the intent of that scene.

All Jen is saying there is that her normal day-to-day experiences, prior to becoming a Hulk, trained her to control her anger better than Bruce's day-to-day experiences,prior to becoming a Hulk, trained him. Bruce never learned how to control his anger until after becoming a Hulk. I'm not saying his life was all sunshine and roses... in the comics he had a very traumatic childhood. So traumatic that he developed Disassociative Identity Disorder to protect himself. That's the reason Bruce has "The Other Guy" and Jen doesn't. The Other Guy existed long before the gamma exposure...it just gave him form.

Also, as we (and Jen) learn through the show, she isn't quite as good at controlling her anger as she thinks she is. She does slip out of control a bit...she is able to reign herself back in though... because she's still Jen. That's really the big difference... when Bruce loses control of his anger...he literally becomes a different person... and that person is pretty much rage given a nearly indestructable form. Even when Bruce doesn't lose total control...The Other Guy still has the wheel...Bruce is just kinda Navigating... helping Hulk distinguish between Friend and Foe. This is, of course, before "Smart Hulk"...which really just puts Bruce at the level Jen starts at.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-16 at 10:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sure. You're definitely the authority on that.

Not the ad hominem definition. The general dismissing.
    Sorry, I have yet to take your crown on that.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't discuss. Discussion requires you honestly respond to people you are talking to. I have yet to see that from you.

Instead you whine about how people don't just accept what you say at face value. That's why you are quick to cry things like "ad hominem" even though you confuse that with insult or just pointing out a fact in your stance. You don't like the show, no one cares. They care that you misrepresent the show, and your behavior is inhibitory to actual discussion of it.

Please don't insult us by claiming you are hear for discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    After everyone can't stop bitching (and apparantly watching for whatever reason) this show i thought i give it a shot.

Other than that it is actually really entertaining. Comedy. And for once intended comedy in the MCU.

Have to distance me again for a while from 9gag and youtube... stupid echochambers made me think this show is bad. And as it turns out... it is not.
    Same story with Rings of power.
    It isn't the only intended comedy in the MCU. The Antman movies and Guardian movies are intended comedies too.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Haven't you already said earlier in this thread, explicitly, that you are not here to discuss things, but only to air your own opinions?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Haven't you already said earlier in this thread, explicitly, that you are not here to discuss things, but only to air your own opinions?
    Of course i did. That doesn't mean i cannot discuss stuff, if it comes to it.

But why would i discuss with people who are attacking me personally? Those opinions and people? idgaf.
    /spit@Blizzard

But why would i discuss with people who are attacking me personally? Those opinions and people? idgaf.
    Just as we dgaf about the opinions of someone who's only interested in having other people hear them talk.

Such is the way of things, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    "this is a chick flick and not intended for you"
    Literally only seen one person tweeting "Men, She-Hulk is not for you" in an attempt to gatekeep the show, and they were ridiculed for their stupid take.

This isn't a thing beyond an exceptionally small minority.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well that was a show… got a laugh out of me but not for the jokes they where trying to tell. How very disappointing, each episode just got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Literally only seen one person tweeting "Men, She-Hulk is not for you" in an attempt to gatekeep the show, and they were ridiculed for their stupid take.

This isn't a thing beyond an exceptionally small minority.
    eh...if a person's main criticism of the show is that it's got a female lead and has the temerity to mention women's issues (however briefly), then "it's not for you" seems like a pretty valid response.

Obviously gatekeeping is stupid, but there are those (namely the exact people the show was mocking with its "villains") that I'm more than happy to tell to fuck off and watch something else if they don't think there's anything in it that's "for them."