Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Instead of death penalty we could call it an expedited life sentence.

Just throwing this out there.
    Nah, just lock them up in a place and let it be leaked to Russian that Ukrainian civilians are there and let Russia handle it for them.

Maybe lock them in a school or hospital building.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So Ukraine is calling Russia a terror state (which it is) while using a suicide bomber to bomb the bridge. Suicide bombing is terror.
    I was never a fan of suicide bombings or fanatics.
    On a side note, living next to Russia is worse than living in it.
    Where did you see that it was a suicide bombing? I doubt they killed themselves.

No one is going to call it suicide bombing in the west because of social stigma towards suicide bombing and pro-Ukraine media.
    Simple as that.
    But someone did drive that truck and I bet you can't just put that much explosive without the driver noticing, lol.
    You didn't consider they got out of the truck before it blew up?

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    You didn't consider they got out of the truck before it blew up?
    Looking at the video it seems unlikely that the driver got out of the truck, and even less likely that he wasn't caught in the blast.

Obviously, it could be that the driver thought they were smuggling something else.

But, as people have written before, even if it were a suicide bomb it wasn't intended as terror.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Legal systems are usually suspended/ temporarily changed in situations like this.

Post ww2 norway;
    Higher ups/ torturers: faced death by firing squad (for everyone that didn't suicide; 30 countrymen in total + 12 german officers). * note we did not have the death penalty before or after ww2.
    Below that "willing" police / informants: long prison sentences as convicts (heavy duty slave labour more or less).
    Supporters/ "normal" party members (NS)/ profiteers: regular prison sentences, stripped of their positions and heavy fines.

Fraternizers; It was not illegal on paper but effectively they lost their rights as people, post war they where put in camps (for their own protection, was the reasoning for that). The ones who went so far as to marry Germans, lost their citizenship; many got german citizenship and where shipped off to germany. The peoples justice went abit further; generally shaved them bald, kicked out on street from their homes/ communities, shunned like the plauge.
    Then in later years these women and their unfortunate children where the lowest of the low for many decades and faced alot of hardship.

In total 92k ish where branded traitors and convicted in some fashion (pretty thorough then, the population was just 3m at the time).

Tldr is you should expect this sort of thing anywhere, after being oppressed the people will be very vengeful and seek retribution. And they will have it,
    "normal" laws/justice will not serve you well at all in that situation.
    And on the other end of the spectrum was Operation Paperclip and Osoaviakhim

INB4 Nazi Scientist were just following orders.

Post-war retributive justice is often romanticized and used to justify lynchings, genocides, and all kinds of perversions of justice leading into new conflicts.

We have justice systems because mob justice is ridiculous.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I never said they would always be allowed to stay and even then, it is pretty much the same situation after every civil war. What you advocate is genocide, plain and simple, if people had followed your route the US should have exterminated the population of the southern States after they won.

Normality will not return for at least one generation
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is the thing though, gabriel advocates a purge of hundreds of thousands of people, for their political allegiance.
    There won't be mass lynchings, collaborators will flee to Russia before any mob justice happens. With that out of the way:

First of all, this is not a civil war, this is an innocent victim country being genocided by an evil empire. And some people in the victim country chose to support the genocidal invaders. Clear cut black and white, not comparable to a civil war.

Second, no, people should be punished not for their political allegiance but for their verifiable actions of choice. They chose to remain and assist the Russian occupiers. I personally am going to great lengths in order to ensure that I'm living here but am not collaborating with the invaders. I expect DPR supporters to flee en masse when the time comes, but if some get caught, I won't advocate releasing them.

To exaggerate, you're telling Jews in 1945 that Nazis should not be punished for their actions. They wouldn't have listened to you.

P.S. Oh, and normality won't be restored for as long as children born in 2020's will be alive in Ukraine.
    Last edited by Cynep; 2022-10-16 at 07:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

There have been more details on the shooting at the moblisation camp n Russia from the other day. Looks like the shooters were not mobilised troops after all. Two of the three were sergeants, and were devout muslims who had previously complained against muslims, not being able to pray on time or having access to prayer rooms. The Lt Col in charge said they were fighting a holy war and called allah a coward at which point the Tajikis shot him then started shooting other non-muslims. The death toll may have been much higher than the 11 admitted to by Russia.

How many HIMARS launchers have Russia destroyed? Answer: 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    There have been more details on the shooting at the moblisation camp n Russia from the other day. Looks like the shooters were not mobilised troops after all. Two of the three were sergeants, and were devout muslims who had previously complained against muslims, not being able to pray on time or having access to prayer rooms. The Lt Col in charge said they were fighting a holy war and called allah a coward at which point the Tajikis shot him then started shooting other non-muslims. The death toll may have been much higher than the 11 admitted to by Russia.
    Damn Lt Col, someone should have pointed out Allah is the same god as the one he's doing the "holy war" for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...ation_dies_in/
    Sounds like the head of the mobilization effort has "killed" himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Damn Lt Col, someone should have pointed out Allah is the same god as the one he's doing the "holy war" for.
    He's doing it for Putler. I don't think Allah and Putler are the same person. Even though, if Mohammed is considered the ideal Muslim by Allah, then he absolutely adores warmongers. So maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Looks like Kyiv is being hit by a lot of Iranian drones this morning. I am sure the skyscraper below was a real big military target. /s Like usual though Russia is so incompetent that they can only cause fear by killing civilians.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...large_wave_of/
    Ukraine Police shooting down a Geran-2 drone with small arms fire.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...n2_drone_with/

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems like Russa is not taking only people from western part of it, but quite a few from east:

Drone operator sadly failed 10 ukraine soldiers.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Guess some Russian pilot flew his jet into an apartment building in Yeysk which is in Russia.
    https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status...CgtcLawvQrAAAA
    ^Video of the apartment being on fire.

One less jet to be used against Ukraine is always good in my book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Guess some Russian pilot flew his jet into an apartment building in Yeysk which is in Russia.
    Guess some Ruskies took too literally "Russia and Ukraine are one nation".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status...CgtcLawvQrAAAA
    ^Video of the apartment being on fire.

One less jet to be used against Ukraine is always good in my book.
    So...are they just letting conscripts with some time spend in Microsoft Flight Simulator get straight into jets or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, he actually ejected. Lucky that stuff even worked, you never know in ruZZland.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    russia releases a hundred captives:

https://twitter.com/AndriyYermak/sta...7_UXlz9EdUR0rA

15+ Year Old Account
    The west has poured billions of dollars in Ukraine, the energy crisis in EU is basically bankrupting the average person (in Sweden there is talks to turn off electricity during the day, as well as the government warning household owners yearly electricity bill might come up to €10.000). Italy with the new government is probably going to go against Russian sanctions.

Meanwhile Russia is sacrificing old school tanks that cost nothing and peasants from parts of Siberia no one heard of. While the idiots are cheering about Ukraine blowing up tanks from the 1960s where every blown up Ukrainian tank costs 50x to make.
    The sanctions are doing nothing, the life in Russia has not changed much (I got many friends in Russia), the new life with sanctions is becoming the new standard, meanwhile us in EU are getting fucked.

I'm pretty sure this was Putin's plan all along.
    This is ingenious actually, considering the way he's hurting the west without engaging in a direct confrontation.
    You can keep living in a bubble, but sooner or later you will realize that the west is on the losing side. Economically. I'm not cheering for this shit, as I live in the fucking west. The stupidity and incompetence of Sweden is beyond comprehension. The gas they import equals to 13%, which is basically nothing and can be easily replaced.

The west has poured billions of dollars in Ukraine, the energy crisis in EU is basically bankrupting the average person (in Sweden there is talks to turn off electricity during the day, as well as the government warning household owners yearly electricity bill might come up to €10.000). Italy with the new government is probably going to go against Russian sanctions.

Meanwhile Russia is sacrificing old school tanks that cost nothing and peasants from parts of Siberia no one heard of. While the idiots are cheering about Ukraine blowing up tanks from the 1960s where every blown up Ukrainian tank costs 50x to make.
    The sanctions are doing nothing, the life in Russia has not changed much (I got many friends in Russia), the new life with sanctions is becoming the new standard, meanwhile us in EU are getting fucked.

I'm pretty sure this was Putin's plan all along.
    This is ingenious actually, considering the way he's hurting the west without engaging in a direct confrontation.
    You can keep living in a bubble, but sooner or later you will realize that the west is on the losing side. Economically. I'm not cheering for this shit, as I live in the fucking west. The stupidity and incompetence of Sweden is beyond comprehension. The gas they import equals to 13%, which is basically nothing and can be easily replaced.
    Bolded the only true thing about what you just said. But I'm sure you know that already.