Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I don't think that's fair. It's not infrequently that MMO-Champion or any other forum will speak well of a good and sustainable decision, and it is similarly not infrequently that the playerbase clearly articulates the need for something to change or not to change, and in the latter case it is certainly not their fault that Blizzard fails to account for this complaint. The playerbase is not always consistent, and they're not often very articulate, but there are many complaints regarding the current state of WoW which are entirely valid.
    Individuals on the forum, maybe. The average opinion of the forum as a whole? At most, it's an understatement.

There are many valid complaints, but compared to all the baseless whining, they're a small minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Unless Blizzard retcon it, the Titans are born out of World Souls, they are not made on an assembly line, like the Eternal Ones.
    It's not clear how they get their physical bodies, so we can't rule it out. For that matter, we only see the gestation process of one world soul. We don't actually know how they were made. And technically, they aren't born from world souls. They are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Guess they are sticking to the 2 weeks of events they mentioned before. Bit of a shame having to wait three weeks until we can make Dracthyr.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get they don't want to drag these events, but Dracthyr alone should be week 2.

There could be one positive from this. During XP buff start they said: "Don’t delay. The winds will shift once more when the new dracthyr Evoker becomes playable during the Dragonflight pre-expansion patch, and the experience buff will no longer be available."

And have XP normalization to linear for 50-60 aka massive XP nerf in pre-patch. So it could be best window to level all 50-60 chars.

Talents are going live next week. So many classes still have significant bugs in their talents though. They probably need the time before they have the events live to make sure everything actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Talents are going live next week. So many classes still have significant bugs in their talents though. They probably need the time before they have the events live to make sure everything actually works.
    If this testing is like all others then the bugs are likely already fixed on their internal build, and are just not pushed to the playable version yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If this testing is like all others then the bugs are likely already fixed on their internal build, and are just not pushed to the playable version yet.
    Let's hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Interesting, though more or less expected. Any word yet on whether the Winds of Winter buff goes away with Phase 1 or Phase 2? Can't seem to find a consistent word on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Interesting, though more or less expected. Any word yet on whether the Winds of Winter buff goes away with Phase 1 or Phase 2? Can't seem to find a consistent word on it.
    The previous mention of it was that it would disappear when the Dracthyr was out, so likely in the second phase.

Anyone know the status of white/grey item transmog? I thought it was supposed to be coming with DF but unless I am missing something I didn't see it enabled in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWarrior View Post
    All this is very confusing for a mongo like myself.. whos hyped for Dragonflight though? Pre patch in a week!
    3 weeks of new chromie time leveling and....yeah that's all I'm doing until we get the actual content

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Phase 2/10.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I recall a massive sense of dread about how covenants worked just before the launch of SL, Dragonflight having basically nothing other than talents, dragonriding talents and renown as reputations is very refreshing.
    Oh god the covenant discourse
    We've had that stuff with BFA and even Legion to an extent just with different systems and I'm sooooo glad to be done with it

Patch actually coming out 25-10. Everyone act surprised!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov 16 for Dracthyr, well, disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Phase 2/10.0.2.
    Awesome, thanks!

Time for a 3 week leveling spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The spec is not "a fucking joke". It performed so absurdly strong they had to nerf it and it still performs well. Given in the very next sentence the poster say another spec's numbers are stong, the implication is fairly clear that he believes ret does not output well which is grossly untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I guess we'll have to ask @Kuntantee to clarify exactly what he meant.
    Havoc DH is a good example of how the spec performs well number wise, but the design philosophy is shit.

- We now need to spend talent points, multipe sometimes to get what we had as base in SL, which is the lowest point in DHs history. There is not anything new nor there is addition that synergize with the way Havoc plays. Their entire approach is so cheap that they take an existing talent/skill and make 2-3 talents out of it.
    - We now need to sacrifice utility for DPS, e.g., no stun whatnot. This mutilates the fun out of the spec, given Havoc does not have as much utility as some other classes have.

----

https://www.wowhead.com/news/retribu...nt-tree-329400

To put it bluntly, Retribution's talent trees are not in a good spot - we've had mostly the same issues for essentially the entirety of Alpha/Beta, there's been few changes made, and even less communication about them.
    I followed beta, this is a fucking fact. They ignored the feedback.

From the same link.

Before I get into the details about the tree, I want to take a moment to talk about what this article isn't about. Firstly, it's not about whether or not Ret will be a good spec in Dragonflight. A poorly designed spec can still be tuned to be strong, and a well designed spec can be undertuned and never brought.
    ----

And for those who think I main Retri and I am crying. I main Havoc and I stuck with Havoc throughout SL. Right now, Havoc is in a good spot numbers wise, yet, I can see crystal clear that Blizzard's approach to Havoc talent design is just fucking cheap.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-10-18 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Anyone know the status of white/grey item transmog? I thought it was supposed to be coming with DF but unless I am missing something I didn't see it enabled in the beta.
    I've seen nothing but silence outside of users going "so...what's the situation" so your guess is as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Was this ever an actual Blizzard announced feature anywhere, or was it just something that was datamined on wowhead where they made an article hyping it up as just speculation?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Was this ever an actual Blizzard announced feature anywhere, or was it just something that was datamined on wowhead where they made an article hyping it up as just speculation?
    Blizzard did say it would be coming during an interview.

Also, they actually did say they wanted to increase the character limit per account with Dragonflight, but so far I couldn't find anything about that in the patch notes? Let's hope that's not another "promise that didn't make it in".

#TEAMGIRAFFE