Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Hopefully we get other playable abhuman in the roster
    Ratling for example
    I'm more up for something Mechanicus personally. A Tech-Priest or a Skittari with all sorts of weird weapons and technological goodies. His/her dialog would likely be gold as well.

Sister of Battle would also be awesome, but the Zealot is basically that except with dude option. Still, I won't ever say no to two-handed chainswords, meltas and flamers.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm more up for something Mechanicus personally. A Tech-Priest or a Skittari with all sorts of weird weapons and technological goodies. His/her dialog would likely be gold as well.

Sister of Battle would also be awesome, but the Zealot is basically that except with dude option. Still, I won't ever say no to two-handed chainswords, meltas and flamers.
    I could see a Sister of Battle, but yeha Zealot probably covers that somehow

Maybe a Sister of Silence? You know to keep psykers in check and as an all-female counterpart to the all-male Ogryn
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I could see a Sister of Battle, but yeha Zealot probably covers that somehow

Maybe a Sister of Silence? You know to keep psykers in check and as an all-female counterpart to the all-male Ogryn
    Eh, as for Sisters of Silence I haven't seen enemy Psykers yet, and more importantly they're, well, silent. And one of the biggest draws of these games is the banter between PCs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, as for Sisters of Silence I haven't seen enemy Psykers yet, and more importantly they're, well, silent. And one of the biggest draws of these games is the banter between PCs.
    True

But hey, I'll take anything that isn't a space marine
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think we'll see subclasses instead of actual new once... but of course both would work.

I know the Veteran is supposed to be and called a "Sharpshooter" class, but I always thought that it feels like more of a "grunt" or "soldier" subclass.
    That being the case, I would love to see an actual sniper as a (sub)class.

Some kind of knife combat (maybe dual wield) and a heavy hitting elite sniping ability and weapons.
    Gear could involve a cloak like the enemy-sniper type has.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think we'll see subclasses instead of actual new once... but of course both would work.

I know the Veteran is supposed to be and called a "Sharpshooter" class, but I always thought that it feels like more of a "grunt" or "soldier" subclass.
    That being the case, I would love to see an actual sniper as a (sub)class.

Some kind of knife combat (maybe dual wield) and a heavy hitting elite sniping ability and weapons.
    Gear could involve a cloak like the enemy-sniper type has.
    Like the Shade from vermintide?
    Would be cool since I loved playing that... I hope it won't be as busted as that one was though lol. Could almost one shot every elite enemy or at least take 75% of their health in one stealth hit.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It was my understanding that each class would get archetypes- the ones in beta wouldn't be the only ones. Veterans would get something other than Sharpshooter, for example, and Zealot another class beyond Preacher. Maybe I was wrong and it's all post-launch stuff. So long as the base classes are good and there's enough variety in weapons and enemies, I think 4 would be fine anyway.
    They weren't really transparent about this. The archetypes are the 4 character types (zealot, veteran, psyker, ogryn) and they all have 1 class so far (preacher, sharpshooter, psykinetic, skullbreaker) with one more class coming every quarter (at least that's the plan). So it will take a few years before we have the same roster VT2 had on release.

It's definitely a weird choice since the whole premise of getting rid of static characters was that you would have more options, more customization but as of right now we're going to end up with less. I would get it if they at least kept adding archetypes but if it's just going to be VT2 subclasses I don't really see how that tradeoff works for the customer.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Like the Shade from vermintide?
    Would be cool since I loved playing that... I hope it won't be as busted as that one was though lol. Could almost one shot every elite enemy or at least take 75% of their health in one stealth hit.
    Yeah but more 40k-y
    Not sure what kind of "knives" there are that would fit and are "small" enough for it to work like that.

Basically a subclass with poor cleave but high ST damage and armor piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's definitely a weird choice since the whole premise of getting rid of static characters was that you would have more options, more customization but as of right now we're going to end up with less. I would get it if they at least kept adding archetypes but if it's just going to be VT2 subclasses I don't really see how that tradeoff works for the customer.
    The payoff for me is that I can in theory run with 4 guardsmen and no one has to play "that class" that no one wants to play.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-10-19 at 01:14 PM.

I really enjoyed it, but.... how to put this.

Its more Vermintide 1, than Vermintide 2. The lack of polish and weirdly limited UI, it doesnt feel like something from a company with two similar games under their belt.

That and the classes are.... oddly done. Zealot really just feels like better Ogryn due to being near as good if not better in defense while being far stronger in offense while also not being a giant wall for everyone elses range. While Psyker is pretty much just a better but less fashionable Marksman.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That and the classes are.... oddly done. Zealot really just feels like better Ogryn due to being near as good if not better in defense while being far stronger in offense while also not being a giant wall for everyone elses range. While Psyker is pretty much just a better but less fashionable Marksman.
    I agree that some classes are odd. I don't agree with your choices though.
    I'm pretty sure Zealot will be a dead class in higher difficulties because there are mechanics that wipe out toughness to 0 immediatly and some even bypass it completely.
    You can simply not play (or rather, it's going to be a coin toss) a low HP character in this game due to range, unless they change some things or the extra item slots somehow fix this, Zealot just doesn't work. Toughness regeneration and damage reduction is of no value when it's wiped to 0 by touching a fire for 0,1s.

I'm pretty sure Zealot will be a dead class in higher difficulties because there are mechanics that wipe out toughness to 0 immediatly and some even bypass it completely.
    You can simply not play (or rather, it's going to be a coin toss) a low HP character in this game due to range, unless they change some things or the extra item slots somehow fix this, Zealot just doesn't work. Toughness regeneration and damage reduction is of no value when it's wiped to 0 by touching a fire for 0,1s.
    They have both an instant toughness refresh and a last stand mechanic while being a smaller target. Ogryn may have a general more toughness, but they also soak a lot more while also acting as a wall to friendlies in a bad way. While having worse weapon options that Zealot
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Doesn't Zealot have an AoE stun grenade? This will be pretty much must have on higher difficulties.

Also the rule of thumb in these kinds of games is that if you're taking damage you're generally already doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post

Also the rule of thumb in these kinds of games is that if you're taking damage you're generally already doing something wrong.

Doesn't mean anything though. The old Vermintide games were all about eHP because hardly would you go without taking damage.
    And this game has ranged enemies on mass, do you really believe you will take 0 damage from a Lasgun squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They have both an instant toughness refresh and a last stand mechanic while being a smaller target. Ogryn may have a general more toughness, but they also soak a lot more while also acting as a wall to friendlies in a bad way. While having worse weapon options that Zealot
    Ogryn doesn't even have more toughness I believe, if I remember correctly it's also 100. Veteran is the "toughest" one.
    Zealot charge is super awkward as you can't block cancel it, meaning you have to charge into a wall to not die on higher difficulties.
    Chip damage will trigger the 2nd life thingy unintentionally and as I mentioned, the toughness damage reduction would make the class work, if it weren't for things completely ignoring toughness alongside things that reduce it to 0 instantly on every difficulty (so it's not damage related)
    Which is why I think stuff has to change to make the melee classes work better, especially Zealot because it doesn't even have a good HP pool to compensate.

As for weapon options. There is only the Force Hammer and the Flamer afaik. The ones you see while creating your character are the only weapons that no other class has access to.
    And the Force Hammer, while being the coolest fucking thing in the game, is technically not really the greatest thing as it's pretty slow, even on Zealot

Edit: Basically what I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 100% "ranged meta" in the beginning until changes are made.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-10-19 at 01:14 PM.

Doesn't mean anything though. The old Vermintide games were all about eHP because hardly would you go without taking damage.
    And this game has ranged enemies on mass, do you really believe you will take 0 damage from a Lasgun squad?
    Nah, not 0. But you don't need to take 0 damage since you have much more easy access to temp HP this time around, zealot can instantly reset with his charge and gunners stop using their ranged weapon when you're locked in melee. So unless you just run into a room with lasgun fire coming from three directions, you should be perfectly able to take little to no damage. There's also cover everywhere.

In the first versions it looked like a cool shooter in the Warhammer universe, where you would only melee in an emergency situation. But after playing the whole weekend it's clear that they turned it into a typical melee Vermintide game with slightly more range attacks.

And it was also annoying as hell that we (3 players) could not play with a bot and always wre matchmaked with some random player (that was constantly collection any item laying around). The graphics looked somehow strange and worse then Vermintide (but it's a beta after all), as well as we constantly had someone dropping from the party every second time we joined a game, and he could not reconnect into the party (but again, beta obviously).

So far I assumed we would play it 100%, but now I'm not so sure if I buy it in the first place.

If the graphics looked worse than Vermintide on your PC then you had some funky settings.

The game is graphically way more beautiful than Vermintide (both games) could ever hope to be and I really enjoyed the scenery in Vermintide 2, when you looked down on Helmgart etc.
    Even without ray tracing (which was way too FPS hungry for my 2080ti, it looked amazing.
    If you are saying the hallways and everything looks like "too much of the same" then I'd say I agree on that. Here I am hoping we will also see some other places and not just 100% hive-city corridors and foundry tiles.

And while VT was like 80%Melee 20%Range on average, the darktide beta felt like 30-40% melee to 60-70% range for me because there are hardly any masses of enemies on the field, no matter what difficulty... and the Veteran has ammo for *days*

As for someone dropping while joining, I was actually able to rejoin the matchmaking of my team and during the setup phase. Didn't happen too often though, just once... so I can't tell if it has been a fluke or was just normal.

As for your point about 3 players, that's irrelevant due to it being a stress-test. They disabled bots and private lobbies.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-10-19 at 01:38 PM.

New awesome trailer featuring the ogryn and showing of the slab/enforcer shield and other goodies. I will main veteran but will have a ogryn too for sure looks like so much fun and will definitely help on higher difficulties with some shields against all those ranged.

Looks like a slab shield just like this model and have a vision slit you can look through when you raise it.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-10-22 at 02:43 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Badass world trailer, really nailed the setting with this one.

Do you hear the voices too?

This game is trying very hard to usurp the "best 40K soundtrack" title from Mechanicus and I'm here for it. Really hope Fatshark can nail the progression/endgame and polish as much as they obviously seem to nail the atmosphere, sound design and gameplay.

Early preorder access is out.

So far it seems a bit rough performance wise. Brother picked it up and started playing and holy crap, on his 1070 we dropped everything down to min-spec and resolution down to 1080p (except FXAA since holy shit it looked terrible without AA at all) and the second anything happened his framerate craters from a smooth 60ish to something in the 20's. Shouldn't be that bad for a card a whole generation ahead of the min-spec (970). That's really lame and hopefully they can work out some of the performance issues, because we'd planned on playing togehter.

I'm still interested, just not sure if I'll preorder or wait for a sale. Should run fine on my rig and Fatshark usually do good work, but not in a huge rush to play yet.