Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Soar only works in areas where you can fly. Any future expansion with limited flying at launch will not have soar available before pathfinder comes in.
    Way to shatter my hopes!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Soar only works in areas where you can fly. Any future expansion with limited flying at launch will not have soar available before pathfinder comes in.
    After all the positivity around dragonriding I would be surprised if we ever get an expansion with limited flying at launch again. That said, we would also have thought that artifact weapons would be a thing going forwards ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    After all the positivity around dragonriding I would be surprised if we ever get an expansion with limited flying at launch again. That said, we would also have thought that artifact weapons would be a thing going forwards ...
    Artifacts would have required significant effort to reproduce in each expansion. At retooling the artifact talents every single expansion, not to mention the question of whether to never give new weapon appearances based on location again.

Dragonriding just requires resetting the talents when you go to a new area.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    I mean the Legion prepatch came out well before DH's and Legion invasions happened. IIRC it was released Mid July 2016 and DH's and invasions didn't happen till like Mid August lol. So its pretty standard yo.

The one thing that does disappoint me is that we have not had the soundtrack release yet this close to release, like what gives? Makes me worried that they might outsource royalty free.
    Yeah no music right now is weird

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Yeah no music right now is weird
    Yep
    Either its very good and they keep it a surprise closer to launch.... or its very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Yep
    Either its very good and they keep it a surprise closer to launch.... or its very bad
    Alternatively they just don't have a reason to add it. Doubt anyone in the Blizzard offices are heavily pushing the importance of adding music to the Beta, especially compared to the PTR adding the login screen music.
    It is afterall well over a month until it becomes important to have music available.

I mean, why would they even add the music to the beta?

It's not like it needs testing. Beta is a beta, not early access lol

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

You think there can be no feedback on music? Obviously even if there is it is far too late to fix anything but people can absolutely give feedback on music and the community is large enough to have people with the expertise required to give constructive feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Well, I suppose that is a fair statement. However, I am still concerned that in the instance of a backlash against general negativity in any capacity we could see a sort of stifling of legitimate criticism, as well. It is absolutely true that WoW's userbase in general has a habit of saying "no, I hate it, bad" without providing any further elaboration and often completely contradictory to prior claims made on an individual level. There is, of course, plenty of garbage to shift through, but I do think that there are times where public outcry does reflect a problem—see all the fairly-warranted bitching about the Nightborne designs, for instance. Those were hideous, I think. Similarly, everybody bitched and moaned about Covenants as a concept. Initially it was your standard forum shlock, as no data had come in regarding how Covenants actually played, but once the time came around people ended up with a fairly good understanding of the issues with the system and its design flaws.

I suppose it is partially the caustic nature of such complaints that serve to prevent Blizzard from taking them to heart, but just as much I feel like there's a degree to which they can be inattentive. Then again, I suppose there's not much use in being concerned since MMO-Champion is a user forum, as opposed to an official forum which the developers are more inclined to watch and read—this is probably why all the leaks and whatnot happen here. As a result, any feedback given here tends to be serve only as an object of further discussion among other players. Without much in the way of Blizzard oversight, inadequate feedback is less of a problem than it would be otherwise.

Still, your point is completely correct. It is admittedly true that positive feedback tends to be substantially less detailed than negative feedback, and that negative feedback is often more caustic than constructive on the internet, though I have seen a good degree of decent general feedback being given online, as well.
    I don't mean to imply that all criticism is pointless or given to no effect, because I don't think that's true either. Just that, due to our general nature as concerns negative criticism, we make it difficult to discern those helpful patterns or meaningful bits of critical input by dint of, in a group sense, overflowing the taps with unnecessary, self-serving, or just vitriolic and unhelpful feedback. This forum has a wealth of useful information, useful feedback, and diligently gathered data from a wealth of experiences as concerns WoW - but in order to get at it, any developer or QA technician would have to wade through a *lot* of noise (to put it gently).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Yep
    There is no practical reason to include the music before launch. The sound system is working, adding more music is trivial and unlikely to cause issues.

It's not "either or" either. There's other options you fail to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You think there can be no feedback on music? Obviously even if there is it is far too late to fix anything but people can absolutely give feedback on music and the community is large enough to have people with the expertise required to give constructive feedback.
    Sure, but in that situation you might as well get that from live. There's still no point putting it into the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The sound system is working
    I mean I'll challenge that since much of my feedback in the last few betas has been about how horribly they sync voice acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no practical reason to include the music before launch. The sound system is working, adding more music is trivial and unlikely to cause issues.

It's not "either or" either. There's other options you fail to consider.
    I'd disagree, as I've personally witnessed bugs in how the music itself functions in-game, from zones playing the wrong songs to music overlapping in some places, failing to start in others, and 101 other possible bugs concerning it. I remember in the WotLK Beta there was a brief period with the Grizzly Hills music played in every zone, and if I recall correctly, you couldn't even turn off the music in the options menu - in that you could toggle it to disabled, but it would still play at max volume regardless. So yeah, the music does sometimes need testing, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think this is pretty cool: there is an otter mount vendor who sells the mounts for various things, such as rings from dungeons, trinkets from the raid and other collectible items.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/item=19...-traders-ottuk
    https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/376879...-traders-ottuk
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/spell=3...scouting-ottuk

This is a nice way to incentivize content for collectors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think this is pretty cool: there is an otter mount vendor who sells the mounts for various things, such as rings from dungeons, trinkets from the raid and other collectible items.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/item=19...-traders-ottuk
    https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/376879...-traders-ottuk
    https://www.wowhead.com/beta/spell=3...scouting-ottuk

This is a nice way to incentivize content for collectors.
    The amount of new mounts is still far too low compared to Shadowlands. I get the feeling they may have listened to all the "too many mounts QQ" complains and now we collectors are presented with another early Legion for mounts ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The amount of new mounts is still far too low compared to Shadowlands. I get the feeling they may have listened to all the "too many mounts QQ" complains and now we collectors are presented with another early Legion for mounts ...
    It's because Dragonflying makes ground mounts unfortunately obsolete. This expac is going to be rough for mounts until they just enable the system on all mounts or a select amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It's because Dragonflying makes ground mounts unfortunately obsolete. This expac is going to be rough for mounts until they just enable the system on all mounts or a select amount.
    Even the fact that the Deluxe Edition mount is a mount you literally will never use is stupid enough as is.

Could have easily made it a skin for one of the dragons. Same with the Wrath Promo Protodrake.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate how they make the Dracthyr available on november 15th, while I'm here sitting and anticipating it to be released next week.

Shadowlands was unique in that it offered 4 sets of 8 mounts, seemingly just because it could. Expecting that many mounts always seemed kinda silly.
    The amount by we get now seems more reasonable, possibly just a tiny bit less than ideal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I really hate how they make the Dracthyr available on november 15th, while I'm here sitting and anticipating it to be released next week.
    Its definitely annoying when the first three weeks should ideally be to get used to the new class. Dracthyr will essentially have to get used to their class extremely fast before getting thrown into Dragonflight proper.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Shadowlands was unique in that it offered 4 sets of 8 mounts, seemingly just because it could. Expecting that many mounts always seemed kinda silly.
    The amount by we get now seems more reasonable, possibly just a tiny bit less than ideal.

- - - Updated - - -

Its definitely annoying when the first three weeks should ideally be to get used to the new class. Dracthyr will essentially have to get used to their class extremely fast before getting thrown into Dragonflight proper.
    Yeah I don't get why they wait so long to release the Dracthyr; it's hardly an early access now..

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope all the areas that get added in patches are part of the same time and portals/quicktravel isn't required.
    Last and only time this properly happened was in WoD, but that only had 1 zone. MoP almost had all zones like that besides Isle of Thunder being accessible only through portals.

My guess is that 1 patch will have the forbidden reach as a max level area, then there was the 10.1 datamine of "Dragon Isles Underground" which probably indicates a separate world instance but I would hope it would be the same. There is potential for the giant body of water surrounded by islands west of Ohn'ahran Plains and tbh they could just as well add islands surrounding the main island like they did in various mop patches.

Tho I must ponder what Dragon Isles Underground might be. If its a full zone it probably won't have dragonriding enabled, but its not excluded seeing how an underground zone like deepholm has flight. And it could possibly be a massive zone. But I believe it is more likely the Dragonflight mega dungeon that will be that, and not a whole new zone. My guess is that 10.1 would be forbidden reach with the underground area being the dungeon..

Another thing I wonder is what will we get for S3 as far as dungeons go? If they do a megadungeon then that could be split into 2 m+ dungeons, but what about the other 2 from DF? Could they release 4 m+ dungeons over by the time S3 starts and have them be S3, and then S4 be all the dungeons?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread