10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Still one of the many stories that came up an might be dead(?). Deutsche Bank wildly giving loans to Trump back in the day seemed very shady. In fact when this came up and now with Breccia's link, Deutsche Bank seems to be one of the most criminal organizations in the world. No repercussions, possibly.

All these dumb in the head Q-Anon, crazy conspiracy theorists are thinking aliens fixed the election yet can't direct their attention to how the rich and its benefactors just keep skirting the laws. Maybe this is a reach here, asking this much of people.
    Because, someday, they'll be "Fuck You" rich. Why change the rules when they'll become "Fuck You" rich someday and those rules will work for you?
    Someday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

America does not have poor people.
    Just temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Deutsche Bank seems to be one of the most criminal organizations in the world.
    It would make sense that, after his first six bankruptcies, Trump would be stuck going to a loan shark.

Deutsche Bank has been caught multiple times doing multiple crimes, not the least of which is the spelling of their name come at me Germany. Per CNN and likely others:

The giant German lender was hit with about $630 million in penalties on Tuesday over a $10 billion Russian money-laundering scheme that involved its Moscow, New York and London branches.

It follows a $7.2 billion settlement Deutsche Bank reached with the U.S. Department of Justice last month over toxic mortgage assets and the $2.5 billion it agreed to pay in 2015 over interest rate manipulation.

The latest fines penalize Deutsche Bank (DB)'s failure to deal with a stock-trading scheme that enabled some of its clients in Russia to improperly move huge sums of money out of the country and into offshore accounts, according to regulators.
    -- January 31, 2017

- - - Updated - - -

This CBS News article lays out, in a damning fashion indeed, the number of active Trump cases in NYC alone.

Five.

E. Jean Carroll defamation case and forthcoming sexual assault lawsuit

At the federal court on Pearl Street in lower Manhattan, a judge last week ordered Trump to sit Wednesday for his second high-stakes deposition in three months. He'll be questioned by a lawyer for author E. Jean Carroll, who sued Trump for defamation in 2019 after Trump accused Carroll of lying when she said he raped her in the mid-1990s.

Civil fraud lawsuit against Trump and his company

A block east of the federal courthouse is the Centre Street state civil court where for years attorneys for Trump and his company fought a losing battle to limit subpoenas in a sprawling New York attorney general probe into their financial practices. Trump's other recent deposition was ordered by Judge Arthur Engoron in this case.

Manhattan criminal fraud and tax evasion trial

By then, attorneys for the company will be busy one block north on Centre Street, at a state criminal court, where on Monday the Trump Organization's criminal fraud and tax evasion trial will begin.
    "I thought that one was dropped?"

It is true, that the investigation became less talked about when it seemed charges against Trump specifically were unlikely and two DAs even quit in protest. But the case is going forward, Trump's attempt to stall failed, and the trial starts Oct 24th. Weaselberg is required to testify as part of his plea deal to fifteen felonies. I'm having a hard time finding what specific criminal penalties could be imposed on a building, but I'm guessing multiple decades of tax evasion and payroll fraud add up to "a lot".

"Okay but that's still three, what are the other two?"

Special master in Mar-a-Lago documents probe

Five blocks south of the state criminal court building is the Brooklyn Bridge, which on the outer-borough side runs past another federal courthouse. The building's atrium is named for Raymond Dearie, the semi-retired judge who is serving as special master in Trump's lawsuit against the federal government.

Trial of Trump confidant Thomas Barrack

On the eighth floor of that Brooklyn court building, another federal judge is presiding over the ongoing criminal trial of billionaire businessman Thomas Barrack, a longtime Trump friend and adviser who served as chair of the 2016 Inauguration committee.

Barrack is accused of acting as an unregistered foreign agent in an effort to sway U.S. foreign policy in favor of the United Arab Emirates' interests. He has entered a not guilty plea in the case.
    When Barrack inevitably pleads out, it will inevitably lead to a federal investigation into Trump's campaign. If Trump hired a foreign agent and knew he hired a foreign agent and knowingly took foreign money into his American campaign, which is illegal, then he could be charged the same way Cohen was.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marjor...erate-soldiers

Neoconfederate racist Marjorie Taylor Green visits Wilder Brigade Monument in Georgia to celebrate confederate soldiers and our nations history! Because of course she'll celebrate monuments erected to celebrate those who went to war to fight for their right to own people!

Except it's not. It's actually a monument to Union troops. The Wilder Brigade was a Union unit, they were patriotic Americans who killed rebellious traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Neoconfederate racist Marjorie Taylor Green visits Wilder Brigade Monument in Georgia
    Uh...did she delete that Tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Uh...did she delete that Tweet?
    It's a "Truth", not a Tweet.

So what do you call a false "Truth"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I believe the term I use is "so much irony, it's magnetic".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/marjor...erate-soldiers

Neoconfederate racist Marjorie Taylor Green visits Wilder Brigade Monument in Georgia to celebrate confederate soldiers and our nations history! Because of course she'll celebrate monuments erected to celebrate those who went to war to fight for their right to own people!

Except it's not. It's actually a monument to Union troops. The Wilder Brigade was a Union unit, they were patriotic Americans who killed rebellious traitors.
    I'm increasingly unsure whether MTG is actually this fuckin' stupid (Lauren Boebert, by comparison, definitely is dumber than a sack of wet cardboard). While she consistently has these awful takes, they're always in service of the same underlying motives. This could be seen not as MTG being wrong about who the monument was to, but her trying to erase that dedication and replace it with her new narrative, at least among her followers. That said narrative is pro-enslavement white supremacist fascism just makes it a serious threat.

She's not stupid. She's evil. Goebbels-level evil, in her heart. She just hasn't had the capacity to fully put her horrors into effect. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm increasingly unsure whether MTG is actually this fuckin' stupid (Lauren Boebert, by comparison, definitely is dumber than a sack of wet cardboard). While she consistently has these awful takes, they're always in service of the same underlying motives. This could be seen not as MTG being wrong about who the monument was to, but her trying to erase that dedication and replace it with her new narrative, at least among her followers. That said narrative is pro-enslavement white supremacist fascism just makes it a serious threat.

She's not stupid. She's evil. Goebbels-level evil, in her heart. She just hasn't had the capacity to fully put her horrors into effect. Yet.
    she is fucking stupid as hell. One of the problems people always have is the think everyone is as educated or half as smart as their peers. This is worse when you don't get exposed to mouthbreathers on a regular basis. She is stupid even for an American and thats saying something.

But despite her stupidity she at least worked out being a Qanon election denier is the future of the Gop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    she is fucking stupid as hell. One of the problems people always have is the think everyone is as educated or half as smart as their peers. This is worse when you don't get exposed to mouthbreathers on a regular basis. She is stupid even for an American and thats saying something.

But despite her stupidity she at least worked out being a Qanon election denier is the future of the Gop.
    I'm not arguing she's a brilliant strategist. I just think a whole lot of what people people ascribe to "stupidity" are driven more by evil intent than simple stupidity. That she's not too dumb to know the monument's to Union soldiers, she's just evil enough to lie about it and push pro-Confederacy white supremacism in mockery of what that monument represents.

The maxim "never ascribe to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity" has done more to provide a cover for actual malice than any good it's managed to produce.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-10-19 at 06:37 PM.

I'm not arguing she's a brilliant strategist. I just think a whole lot of what people people ascribe to "stupidity" are driven more by evil intent than simple stupidity. That she's not too dumb to know the monument's to Union soldiers, she's just evil enough to lie about it and push pro-Confederacy white supremacism in mockery of what that monument represents.

The maxim "never ascribe to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity" has done more to provide a cover for actual malice than any good it's managed to produce.
    im not saying she isnt an evil rat. But she is thick. And she is dumb enough to think the monument is pro confed. You could ask her 10 questions about basic history or science or whatever and she wouldn't give you an answer to any of them. No danger of her splitting the atom anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"
    "Well, I'm the CEO of FOX News, so no."

Suzanne Scott, the chief executive of Fox News Media, expected to be deposed by Dominion.

"Didn't the suit against FOX News get kicked?"

Nope. As this Sept article on NPR says, not only is the lawsuit ongoing, but it has solid stuff to work with.

The November 2020 email from an anguished Fox News news producer to colleagues sent up a flare amid a fusillade of false claims.

The producer warned: Fox cannot let host Jeanine Pirro back on the air. She is pulling conspiracy theories from dark corners of the Web to justify then-President Donald Trump's lies that the election had been stolen from him. The existence of the email, confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of it, is first publicly disclosed by NPR in this story. Fox News declined comment.

Pirro was far from alone in broadcasting such false claims. In the weeks that followed Election Day 2020, other prominent Fox stars, commentators and their guests heavily promoted them.

A repeat target was Dominion Voting Systems, the election machine and technology company. Trump and his allies alleged on Fox that Dominion was engaged in a conscious effort to throw the 2020 race to Joe Biden. They implied and falsely asserted on Fox programs that Dominion's machines and software either discarded Trump's votes or transferred them to Biden. Dominion argues their false claims were frequently egged on by Fox's own stars.
    The fact that we have this email is pretty damning for FOX News, as it shows intent to intentionally make statements of fact that they knew were false. And, as the NYTimes article I linked says, this made it all the way to the CEO.

According to several people closely involved in the case, lawyers for Dominion are expected to depose her soon. A judge has granted Dominion access to her emails and text messages from the period after the 2020 election when Fox anchors and guests amplified some of the most outrageous falsehoods about Dominion and its supposed role in a plot to steal the election.

So far, those messages contained at least one instance in which Ms. Scott expressed skepticism about the dubious claims of voter fraud that her network had been promoting, a recent court proceeding revealed. That kind of evidence is what Dominion hopes will ultimately convince a jury that Fox broadcast information it knew to be false, which would leave the company on the hook for significant damages.
    What are the steps of defamation? They are:
    1) an objectively false statement must be presented as fact
    2) it has to be publicly said or written
    3) it must be knowingly false, or just as good, said with reckless disregard for the truth (i.e. a reasonable person would not have said it)
    4) the statement must have intentionally caused harm

Man, a few years ago the fact that I have that memorized would have surprised me.

So, 2 and 4 are slam dunks. 1 is a matter of opinion. Just kidding: no breach of Dominion occurred, and FOX News does not have any evidence of a breach, because there wasn't one. It's not a matter of opinion, it didn't happen, and FOX News can't prove it did. That leaves 3, to which these emails speak directly to the jury.

When this CEO -- and the NYTimes goes into detail how much this CEO is a member of the rabid fanbase:

Before the committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection held its first prime-time hearing in June, Suzanne Scott, the chief executive of Fox News Media, called Lachlan Murdoch, her boss, to tell him how her network planned to broadcast the event.

They wouldn’t, she said. The channel would stick with its usual prime-time lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham. Mr. Murdoch, the executive chairman of Fox Corporation, was fine with Ms. Scott’s decision, according to an executive with knowledge of their conversation.

The decision was true to form, according to interviews with more than a dozen current and former colleagues. Since Ms. Scott took over the top job at Fox News in 2018, her colleagues said, she has managed from behind the scenes with a simple mantra: Respect Fox’s audience. Often, that involves sparing conservative viewers what they don’t want to hear — even when that means ignoring one of the biggest stories of the year.
    She took the job in 2018 and made it a "safe space" for Trump cultists. And even she doubted what her own people were saying on her own network.

"Okay but one email--"

People who have heard Ms. Scott speak in meetings say she has been critical of Mr. Trump’s election denial claims, though she mostly keeps her personal politics private. (She is registered as unaffiliated.) One colleague recalled that in a meeting shortly after the 2020 election, Ms. Scott seemed in disbelief as she described how people she considered otherwise serious and rational thought there was any chance Mr. Trump could legitimately stop President Biden’s inauguration.
    "Okay, one email and some spoken concerns--"

And according to a message that Ms. Scott sent around the same time, which Dominion lawyers recently cited in court, she warned against “giving the crazies an inch,” referring to pro-Trump conspiracy theorists. NPR first reported on that message, but a transcript of the hearing in which it was disclosed has since been sealed by a judge at Fox’s request. Fox has suffered several setbacks in court lately as it has tried to narrow the scope of the case and limit what internal communications it is required to hand over to Dominion.
    Remember, this doesn't have to be a wild conspiracy by lizard Pizzagate. This just needs to be an objectively false statement passed on as truth, when they knew the either knew or should have known (they at least pretend to be a news organization) there was no evidence and a decent chance the statement was wrong.

"I thought FOX News got this kicked with a mix of 'nobody in their right mind would believe Hannity' and 'we just reported what Trump said, and Trump said it was rigged'."

Dominion is fighting both those claims and is expected to win. For one, the second claim's just false. There's plenty of videos of FOX News people saying "Dominion was XXX" without saying "Trump said that..." first. Even the Hannity thing might come up again. Think about it: what if, for example, Joe Biden started every day with a press conference with a literal court jester saying things like "Trump has no penis ahahahahaha" or "Trump has an affair with Rep. Stefanik, my husband has the proof, ahahahahha". Then Biden said "Well, White House Press Corps, nobody would take that court jester seriously". Seems a little transparent, wouldn't you say? SNL is a comedy sketch show, the WH is not.

And last I checked, FOX News doesn't have a disclaimer that they're satire, parody, or the like.

The rest of the NYTimes article goes into her history, especially under Ailes.

"Let me guess, she was one of the women rebelling against his brutally sexist role that got him fired?"

Um...no. She was his enforcer, bringing in more attractive women and having them hike their skirts up. No, really, that happened.

In any event, Dominion may not have a case as airtight as walking out of Mar-a-Lago with SCI folders defaced by Sharpee, but at this point, they could probably show a very strong case just by showing clips of the hosts Scott allowed to air, saying things she personally suspected were not just false, but insane.

Dominion is asking for $1.6 billion and Alex Jones should be saying "don't rule that out just because it's a large number". FOX News probably want to settle in an agreement that does not admit fault, and I don't think Dominion is interested in that. I think they want an on-air apology from the offenders, and I think Hannity would rather resign than give it.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't discount the PT Barnum showmanship angle of stunts like this either. They get her on the news. Sure, they get her on the news for being a vile ignoramus, but she's still on the news. And what decent Americans see as vile, her supporters see as good. The takeaway for the average maggot from this is that MTG is on the news saying proConfederacy stuff. Which they like.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

And Kanye is going full antisemite, calling out Soros by name and telling folks not to listen to "anyone whose check is cut by Jewish media."

No wonder he's functionally joined up with the Republican party and become a conservative star, as well as good buds with Elon. This is meat and potatoes for many Republican voters like the very nice folks that marched with Tiki torches in Charlottsville. You know, white supremacists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another Trump loss in court. Judge orders more Eastman emails released, citing fraud pushed by Trump

A California-based federal judge ordered a legal adviser to President Trump to turn over records tied to Jan. 6 to the House committee investigating the attack, finding the communications were not protected since they likely were exchanged in furtherance of a crime.

Included in the emails is evidence that Trump pushed ahead in court with voter fraud claims he knew were inaccurate — details certain to be of interest to the House select committee.

Judge David Carter ordered John Eastman, who crafted two memos for the Trump campaign detailing methods to resist certifying President Biden’s victory, to turn over some 33 documents to the House panel.

That includes eight documents the judge said related to crimes of obstructing an official proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Carter previously found in March that it was more likely than not that Trump committed crimes as part of his plot to stay in power.

Wednesday’s ruling notes an email among Trump’s lawyers specifically related to conspiracy to defraud.

“Trump and his attorneys ultimately filed the complaint with the same inaccurate numbers without rectifying, clarifying, or otherwise changing them,” Carter wrote. “Trump, moreover, signed a verification swearing under oath that the incorporated, inaccurate numbers ‘are true and correct’ or ‘believed to be true and correct to the best of his knowledge and belief.’”

“The emails show that Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong but continued to tout those numbers, both in court and to the public. The Court finds that these emails are sufficiently related to and in furtherance of a conspiracy to defraud the United States.
    This...sounds particularly specific and direct. Hey @cubby could you sound off?

she's not too dumb to know the monument's to Union soldiers
    I'm not willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm more willing to believe that her breathtaking stupidity is what breeds her malicious behavior. Because if she wasn't credulous and incurious enough to believe the bullshit she believes in the first place, there would be little need for these ridiculous antics.

And Kanye is going full antisemite, calling out Soros by name and telling folks not to listen to "anyone whose check is cut by Jewish media."

No wonder he's functionally joined up with the Republican party and become a conservative star, as well as good buds with Elon. This is meat and potatoes for many Republican voters like the very nice folks that marched with Tiki torches in Charlottsville. You know, white supremacists.
    Honestly, shit like that might even be too much for them. At least for now. The """smart""" Republicans at least try to pretend that they aren't motivated entirely by bigotry, especially since they know how serious the antisemitic label in particular can be.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-10-20 at 04:40 AM.

Another day, another Trump loss in court. Judge orders more Eastman emails released, citing fraud pushed by Trump

So Trump responded to this in typical Trump fashion. Manchild doesn't get his way so he throws a tantrum on NotsoTruth Social.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2c3a689767ce3f

Trump lashes out at 'disgraceful judicial system' after his much-hyped Durham probe goes down in flames

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday bitterly attacked the American legal system after his much-hyped probe into the FBI's investigation of his 2016 campaign's contacts with Russian agents went down in flames.

Days after Trump-appointed special prosecutor John Durham lost his second case before a jury in the last six months, Trump baselessly claimed on his Truth Social platform that Durham's failure was due to purported "bias" in the judicial system.

"The disgraceful judicial system was on full display yet again with the Danchenko Verdict," Trump wrote. "Durham could not get a fair shake in the Swamp of biased and partisan juries, where you are told that no Republican based or supported case can be won no matter how good it is, & judges that are so biased, unfair and angry that it is literally dangerous to be in court! I was told by many that Durham’s case was a great one but he has ZERO chance of winning in 'that Court.' Sorry Justice Roberts, but so true!"

In fact, many legal analysts believed that Durham brought weak cases against ancillary figures in the Trump-Russia investigation, and he never came close to proving Trump's baseless claims that former President Barack Obama conspired with Hillary Clinton and FBI Director James Comey to frame him after he made overtures to Russia to help him win by releasing Clinton's hacked emails.

In total, the Durham probe has lasted for three years and has produced just one guilty plea to a charge that was unrelated to the origins of the Trump-Russia probe.

Both men whom Durham indicted in his probe were acquitted at their trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I burn a CNN point for this exclusive: Trump is finally tired of winning.

Donald Trump’s legal team is weighing whether to allow federal agents to return to the former President’s Florida residence, and potentially conduct a supervised search, to satisfy the Justice Department’s demands that all sensitive government documents are returned, sources tell CNN.

In private dis--
    "Question!"

Yes?

"Wasn't a 'supervised' search what led to all this in the first place? Wouldn't an unrestricted search be more likely to satisfy the FBI?"

I mean, maybe it would be everywhere, but Trump just wants to push the narative that the FBI was planting evidence and wants one of his people present.

"...like Bobb? I mean, it didn't go well last time."

Valid. Maybe he'll have Eric Giuliani Eastman uh... Kushner Kise this time?

"Do the cops typically let the criminal dictate when and where they get searched?"

No.

"Weren't multiple stories posted on these forums alone, including some quoting Cohen, saying Trump had documents elsewhere?"

Yes.

"This is two months later. If Trump had more items at Mar-a-Lago, wouldn't he have plenty of time to move them elsewhere? He does have his own plane. What does he think the FBI is looking for?"

I mean, I guess the FBI could look? But I can't remember a time that the cops searched the same place twice, months apart, and happened because the criminal who was caught suggested it.

"This offer sounds stupid."

Pfft. You sound like Harvard Law's Prof. Tribe.

Laurence Tribe, professor emeritus of constitutional law at Harvard University, was reacting to a report from CNN that Trump's legal team is weighing up allowing federal agents back into Mar-a-Lago to conduct a potentially supervised search.

The argument is that the FBI and the Department of Justice will then see that Trump has surrendered all documents that were removed from the White House when he left office in January 2021, after several attempts to retrieve them.

"What a ludicrous offer," Tribe tweeted. "Who imagines Trump hasn't already stashed missing stuff at his other properties?"
    Or, hear me out, someplace that doesn't have his name written on it in giant gold letters? If I were, somehow, to steal top secret info, I wouldn't keep it in my desk drawer. I would stash it somewhere very well hidden, that wouldn't be directly connected to me.

Okay, back to the CNN article. If I'm burning a CNN point, I might as well get the full value.

The possibility of allowing federal officials to return to Trump’s property – likely with Trump’s own lawyers present – is just one option on the table as the Trump team grapples with how best to protect the former President from legal jeopardy. No firm decisions have been made while sources familiar with the situation say Trump’s legal team is continuing to weigh how accommodating or adversarial they should be toward the Justice Department.

“It’s a risk to invite a DOJ lawyer to lunch let alone back to Mar-a-Lago,” said a person close to Trump.

In the throes of multiple legal battles and hoping to alleviate some of the pressure he is facing, Trump has recently signaled to aides and allies that he is open to a less adversarial approach toward the Justice Department – one that might swiftly resolve the records issue after weeks of contentious court proceedings, according to people familiar with the situation.

The approach comes even as Trump continues to indulge legal theories that the records he took with him at the end of his presidency are his personal property, an argument his team is making in court and that he first heard from conservative judicial activist Tom Fitton.

“The general belief in Trump World is that this is much ado about nothing and the sooner we get past it the better,” said a person close to Trump, adding that Trump has told allies he “wants to move on.”
    Trump clearly doesn't know how much trouble he's actually in. Granted, I know why not, he's lived a life of privilege handed to him and has used his inherited money and power to block any consequences of his actions for decades. But he should still know that he's facing objective proof that he's guilty of multiple felonies. You don't just "move on".

At least some of the battle to secure their return has been playing out behind the scenes in a court proceeding that is under seal, according to people familiar with the situation. One potential resolution could involve the Justice Department asking a judge to issue an order compelling the Trump team to work with DOJ to arrange for another search.

Sources close to Trump said that he has become more amenable to the cooperative approach being advocated by some of his more experienced lawyers, including former Florida Solicitor General Chris Kise, who joined his legal team following the FBI search in August. Kise had faced headwinds from Trump and some of his more aggressive advisers.

As the midterm election draws closer and Trump grapples with his next political move, he and allies are eager for some relief from his web of legal troubles.

He is worn down,” one source close to Trump said. “Getting one thing off his plate” would help him move forward.
    Aww. Poor baby. Facing all those court cases makes him tired. He's sleepy. Last I checked, Trump being a frail fragile little pussy isn't enough of a reason to dismiss multiple felonies.

And for the life of me, I can't think of a reason why Trump letting the DOJ search the same building twice, would actually be something that would reduce the charges. Yes, I get that he wants to prove he didn't steal any more than what the stolen items the FBI already found. But saying "Your Honor, we should dismiss charges for that theft the cops caught my client doing, because the cops searched his house and didn't find any more stolen items". At best, this is something he could do to prevent more charges being filed.

Wait, is Trump admitting that the FBI thinks he stole more items? They'd only suspect that if more stuff was missing. Which means Trump stole it, or worse, sold or lost it.

Nothing about this offer makes any sense. I would say "even Trump can't be this stupid"...and I might yet. Trump thinks that a second search is an item of value to offer when the FBI could clearly kick in the doors of any building he's ever looked at with 11,000 probable causes they found in the first search. In what world is a second search something Trump can trade for, near as I can tell, charges being dropped? This is either a PR stunt, the most desperate act I've seen outside of an onside kick when your team is down by 4 touchdowns inside the two-minute warning, or Trump trying to run his bullying-ass business playbook on the famously by-the-book Garland.

Can anyone, even Devil's Advocate, explain why Trump thinks this has any chance of helping? Because I'm at a loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    So Trump responded to this in typical Trump fashion
    While this is, in fact, typically Trumpian and of course seeing the world's largest fattest oldest toddler stamping his feet and yelling NO NO NO is always entertaining to watch, he wasn't responding to the Eastman thing.

Still a good read, tho!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    A California-based federal judge ordered a legal adviser to President Trump to turn over records tied to Jan. 6 to the House committee investigating the attack, finding the communications were not protected since they likely were exchanged in furtherance of a crime.

Included in the emails is evidence that Trump pushed ahead in court with voter fraud claims he knew were inaccurate — details certain to be of interest to the House select committee.

Judge David Carter ordered John Eastman, who crafted two memos for the Trump campaign detailing methods to resist certifying President Biden’s victory, to turn over some 33 documents to the House panel.

That includes eight documents the judge said related to crimes of obstructing an official proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Carter previously found in March that it was more likely than not that Trump committed crimes as part of his plot to stay in power.

Wednesday’s ruling notes an email among Trump’s lawyers specifically related to conspiracy to defraud.

“Trump and his attorneys ultimately filed the complaint with the same inaccurate numbers without rectifying, clarifying, or otherwise changing them,” Carter wrote. “Trump, moreover, signed a verification swearing under oath that the incorporated, inaccurate numbers ‘are true and correct’ or ‘believed to be true and correct to the best of his knowledge and belief.’”

“The emails show that Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong but continued to tout those numbers, both in court and to the public. The Court finds that these emails are sufficiently related to and in furtherance of a conspiracy to defraud the United States.”
    This is particularly interesting. I'm hesitant to say that it's serious enough that Trump is in deep trouble, because so far the only thing we can count on is that Trump hasn't faced any serious consequences for his treasonous lies and actions.

However, the above seems to indicate that the court has Trump dead-to-rights on perjury. I wasn't aware that Trump has actually signed a court document, up until this point it was my understanding that Trump's attorneys were signing all the filed documents for the various courts. However, there is a phrase in there, which I underlined/bolded, in which we could see Trump slip out yet again.

It seems like all the forces of truth and justice are finally closing in on him. We have multiple civilian and criminal probes that are getting down to the nitty gritty, and seem to be honing in on Trump himself, with most/all of his allies either shunning him or in jail.