Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Maybe come up with better """"critiques"""" and you won't be dismissed as a useless troll quite as instantaneously. The show is not without its flaws. Obviously.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    I am not entirely sure the effort would be worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You have moved some major goalposts if you are trying to say thats what you said from the start my man LOL

Its fine that you think i am being hyperbolic. Thats your subjective viewpoint. I dont mind arguing mine. Literally every single man in the show is a charicature or completely unrealistic. Those are hyperboles. The womens issues that they are angry about affect men more then it does women so it being a womens issue is literally the definition of a hyperbole
    I have mentioned twice, including my first reply to in this exchange that you weren't understanding what I said. No goal posts move, just evidence you aren't paying attention.
    What you are pointing out of the men is equally true for all the women because that is a trope of sitcoms. The entire show is "hyperbole" by your stance right now. If the men weren't caricatures or unrealistic, they would look out of place next to the women.

And the last sentence is literally a lie.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-20 at 12:50 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You have moved some major goalposts if you are trying to say thats what you said from the start my man LOL

Its fine that you think i am being hyperbolic. Thats your subjective viewpoint. I dont mind arguing mine. Literally every single man in the show is a charicature or completely unrealistic. Those are hyperboles. The womens issues that they are angry about affect men more then it does women so it being a womens issue is literally the definition of a hyperbole
    Literally every single man? What’s unrealistic about Bruce, Matt, pug, or wrecker?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Literally every single man in the show is a charicature or completely unrealistic. Those are hyperboles.
    Pretty much every character in the show is a caricature or unrealistic to some extent. It's a comedy. Set in a world where superheroes are commonplace. The fuck do you expect. Whining that men in particular get singled out for "hyperbole" when...Titania exists, is asinine. Jen's best friend is a caricature of that "quirky bff." The old friend whose wedding she went to is a caricature of bridezilla. The other female lawyer is a caricature of the career woman who doesn't need no man. And let's not even mention Madisynn because she alone completely blows this bullshit out of the water.

And on the other hand, Bruce was Bruce and Wong was Wong (with a little added self-awareness to suit the show). The guy she went out on a date with was, at worst, a caricature of "one of the good ones" up until the reveal that he wasn't...which I suppose just fits into that stereotype even better. Blonksy was just a chill dude who's a little eccentric. Matt was more carefree than we're used to seeing him from his show, but nothing that can't easily be explained by his appearance in a comedy. If you want to pretend that the show had some particular beef against men, because you have some dumbass preconceptions or whatever other equally idiotic motivation, that's on you. Not a fault of the show itself.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-10-20 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Literally every single man? What’s unrealistic about Bruce, Matt, pug, or wrecker?
    Lets see:

Bruce has been completelt imasculated compared to how he used to be. There is literally nothing Hulk-like about him anymore. He is a sidecharacter and a comic relief now.

Matt is hardly in the show and the only reason he gets to keep his image relatively clean is because the MCU is setting him up for a new series or movie.

I dont remember who the last dude is but the show has such an overabundance of creepy/unrealistic/boneless men that to act like it doesnt is just dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much every character in the show is a caricature or unrealistic to some extent. It's a comedy. Set in a world where superheroes are commonplace. The fuck do you expect. Whining that men in particular get singled out for "hyperbole" when...Titania exists, is asinine. Jen's best friend is a caricature of that "quirky bff." The old friend whose wedding she went to is a caricature of bridezilla. The other female lawyer is a caricature of the career woman who doesn't need no man. And let's not even mention Madisynn because she alone completely blows this bullshit out of the water.

And on the other hand, Bruce was Bruce and Wong was Wong (with a little added self-awareness to suit the show). The guy she went out on a date with was, at worst, a caricature of "one of the good ones" up until the reveal that he wasn't...which I suppose just fits into that stereotype even better. Blonksy was just a chill dude who's a little eccentric. Matt was more carefree than we're used to seeing him from his show, but nothing that can't easily be explained by his appearance in a comedy. If you want to pretend that the show had some particular beef against men, because you have some dumbass preconceptions or whatever other equally idiotic motivation, that's on you. Not a fault of the show itself.
    There is a difference between being a cartoonish like character and being a charicature of something negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I have mentioned twice, including my first reply to in this exchange that you weren't understanding what I said. No goal posts move, just evidence you aren't paying attention.
    What you are pointing out of the men is equally true for all the women because that is a trope of sitcoms. The entire show is "hyperbole" by your stance right now. If the men weren't caricatures or unrealistic, they would look out of place next to the women.

And the last sentence is literally a lie.
    There is no reason to continue arguing with someone who just argues in bad faith

7+ Year Old Account
    Bruce has been completelt imasculated compared to how he used to be. There is literally nothing Hulk-like about him anymore. He is a sidecharacter and a comic relief now.
    So as the Hulk has been shown in the MCU since Ragnarok.

Matt is hardly in the show and the only reason he gets to keep his image relatively clean is because the MCU is setting him up for a new series or movie.
    So, something part of the MCU since Iron Man.

I dont remember who the last dude is but the show has such an overabundance of creepy/unrealistic/boneless men that to act like it doesnt is just dishonest.
    Are you referring to Pug or Wrecker? Either is pretty sad if you don't remember them. I mean Wrecker was a part of two major plot points and Pug is in most episodes. You might as well state you didn't watch the show.

There is a difference between being a cartoonish like character and being a charicature of something negative.
    Again, this is your subjective take claiming the show is doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to continue arguing with someone who just argues in bad faith
    Thanks for admitting there is no reason to argue with you, because all your arguments have been in bad faith.

Also, you accused me of moving the goal posts, and then you moved the goal posts on the caricature argument. Seriously, you could have waited more than an handful of post before you show that you are a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-20 at 01:38 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The show is getting clapback because of its hyperbolic presentation of womens issues and its hyperbolic and frankly absurd representation of men. Writing a show with those hyperboles in a genre dominated by male viewers and predicting a clapback isnt an achivement its a giant L for the writers. Its also reflected in the series ratings.
    This is so blown out of proportion...

One of the men is a reformed villian who just wants to live his life after being deceived.
    Another is an vigilante who is... well a vigilante and honestly was portraied quite well.
    Then there is a female villian with a huge superiority complex.

The only thing that annoyed me is the way they portrayed hulk... but honestly he has such a small part
    And the sentence that made the usual people hyperventilate on the internet and forums. It is the same always. That one sentece was enough to spill every freaking forum with "SJW reeeeee woke reeeee" topics. EVERYWHERE!
    And she didn't even belittle Hulk. SHe just said, that she had to push down her anger most of her life and look at that... she said it and like a self forfilling prophecy the internet piled up. She even hulked out in the show at one point anyway...

I actually let myself be influeced by these stupid post and did not watch it. Last week i though well fuck it just give it a shot. And it actually was fun. Never felt like men had an absurd interpretation and womens problem are... well not NOT mentioned. But not even close as aggregious to merit the reaction the show got.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets see:

Ah you were the poster who said moonknight was emasculated in his show because he actually dealt with his mental trauma to weren’t you?

So pretty much any man who’s fleshed out in any way other then “me strong me no feel” is unrealistic to you.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The Hulk has been a comic relief side character since the first Avengers movie. Bruce's depiction in this is no different than his appearance in the past few movies. And if an incoherent rage monster is your idea of being "masculine" then I fear you have more problems than evil women taking over your precious comic book franchises.

The reason you refuse to acknowledge the negative traits of the women on the show is: ______________
    The reason you refuse to acknowledge the men who are portrayed in a positive light is: ______________

7+ Year Old Account
    The Hulk has been a comic relief side character since the first Avengers movie. Bruce's depiction in this is no different than his appearance in the past few movies. And if an incoherent rage monster is your idea of being "masculine" then I fear you have more problems than evil women taking over your precious comic book franchises.
    It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

The people complaining about the portrayal of men in the show don’t actually want positive of men(like Bruce or wrecker) they just want there own favoured caricature and are blissfully unaware that it’s a negative one.

If an incoherent rage monster is your idea of being "masculine" then I fear you have more problems than evil women taking over your precious comic book franchises.
    The retard that thought he was dating Megan Thee Thot.
    Does he strike you as a masculine(or a decent, likeable) character?

- - - Updated - - -

The people complaining about the portrayal of men in the show don’t actually want positive of men(like Bruce or wrecker) they just want there own favoured caricature and are blissfully unaware that it’s a negative one.
    The funny bit is people calling characters like Wongie a positive of men.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    The retard that thought he was dating Megan Thee Thot.
    Masculine? Yes.
    Decent? No.
    Likeable? No.

That character is literally meant not to be likeable. That's the purpose of the character. You aren't meant to like him.

What is wrong with Wong?

- - - Updated - - -

It reminds me of the people flipping out at Superman hugging his son in the comics.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually disagreements need to have a base level of definition of what is being disagreed about.

Define a man.
    Define a woman.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It's literally just the "toxic masculinity" debate all over again... -_-

And posters like that are exactly why I refuse to give the "it's not misogyny, tho!!!" crowd the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they should come up with criticisms of the show that don't involve whining about emasculated men and trashy women, if they want to convince anyone otherwise.

Masculine? Yes.
    Decent? No.
    Likeable? No.

That character is literally meant not to be likeable. That's the purpose of the character. You aren't meant to like him.
    Thank you for your response.
    Now then, we can both agree that retard is not likeable, which is a good start.
    How would you define masculinity, in regards to this particular character?
    Could you apply the same merit of masculinity to other male characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Usually disagreements need to have a base level of definition of what is being disagreed about.

Define a man.
    Define a woman.
    I am fairly certain that in these very progressive, albeit trying times of modern age, under no pressure whatsoever from the very free and democratic and inclusive society we exist in, I am not allowed to to say that the king is naked.
    In other words, I am positive I'd get an infraction if I spoke these definitions, here.

- - - Updated - - -

And posters like that are exactly why I refuse to give the "it's not misogyny, tho!!!" crowd the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they should come up with criticisms of the show that don't involve whining about emasculated men and trashy women, if they want to convince anyone otherwise.
    Arguments that would convince you. Do they exist? What arguments it would take you to change your mind?

Its funny because its actally quite the opposite. In the show you are either a beta male(as in completely subdued and agreeing with everything every women does) or they are absolutely toxic like the idiotic portrayal of the womanizer who suddenly for no reason also had a gay relationship in the middle of it all.

There isnt a healthy portrayal of a man in the show - and by far most of the men are completely moronic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your response.
    Now then, we can both agree that retard is not likeable, which is a good start.
    How would you define masculinity, in regards to this particular character?
    Could you apply the same merit of masculinity to other male characters?
    He is egotistical. Which has been stereotyped as a masculine trait. He acts like all those self proclaimed "Alpha Males."

The final question doesn't make sense to me. Merit is an odd word. Do you mean characteristic? Because the answer is no, because there are positive masculine traits and negative ones. Masculinity is not inherently positive or negative and not all masculine characters will have all masculine traits.
    –The Sith Code

Noone really cares that you dont give anyone the benefit of the doubt - thats a two way street. There is no such thing as convincing the fanatics on this forum - most of us have given up. Doesnt mean we wont say our piece though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its funny because its actally quite the opposite. In the show you are either a beta male(as in completely subdued and agreeing with everything every women does) or they are absolutely toxic like the idiotic portrayal of the womanizer who suddenly for no reason also had a gay relationship in the middle of it all.

There isnt a healthy portrayal of a man in the show - and by far most of the men are completely moronic.
    As you stated, there is no reason to argue with someone who does not argue in good faith.

There is no "beta male" in the show as you described.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how you could see wong negatively, he’s willing to go and speak for Emil and treats Madison well even though she’s an annoyance, at best he’s a smidge petty about Danny blaze but even then he’s completely right that he’s a danger.

- - - Updated - - -

It reminds me of the people flipping out at Superman hugging his son in the comics.

Ha I don’t follow Dc closely so I must have missed that but I can’t say I’m surprised that would happen.