Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Example number 11,847 the WoW community will cry about literally anything. Just open a tab for an hour and get your free shit. Or dont, its a few cosmetic items you probably wont ever use anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Now you can do both promotionals and in-game rewards, but Blizz tends to do promotional stuff that devolves into what they would call 'degenerative behavior' as the reality will probably be a lot of people minimizing/muting streams in the background to get the free stuff while they're playing the game. Furthermore, it's rather odd that they're having this Twitch viewing promotional done during times when people would/should want to be playing, not watching streams.
    I think the intention is to have people play the game and watch streams. A lot of people have 2 monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    jesus the entitlement of getting up in arms about having to keep a twitch stream open and muted... better than them being store products, god forbid you either do nothing or engage with the community
    I would rather just buy it on the shop than run Twitch on anything I own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    waht the actual shit is a twitch drop. o feel like i live under a rock anymore with all this crap.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    my point was id rather do in game activities for in game rewards how is that SO HARD for people to understand, you know be rewarded for ACTUALLY playing the game
    LMAO I am pretty sure there are in game activities to do now and in Dragonflight you can do to get transmog and mounts pets ect...... Again what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    waht the actual shit is a twitch drop. o feel like i live under a rock anymore with all this crap.
    It's just a simple "watch a stream with drops for x hours"

Like the Overwatch ones are usually like 6-8 hours for a few rewards.

So many companies do it now and it helps streamers so ultimately it's harmless to just leave it up in the background.

Can i just watch any wow streamer to make it count like Kungen, Joker etc or do it have to be one specific stream?
    Last edited by stoffe; 2022-10-22 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Can i just any wow streamer to make it count like Kungen, Joker etc or do it have to be one specific stream?
    Any that say they have drops enabled.
    Doesn't matter who or if you change midway, the progress is shown on your account.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Holy smokes the entitled people complaining about free stuff in this thread is wild. In other games people are happy to get the free loot from Twitch drops. It's an optional marketing event for Dragonflight's release, watch some streams if you want to get some free stuff, or not if you don't. Twitch drops are generally not significant rewards anyway, it is likely to just be cosmetic drops like they were for OW2. But that will open the door for the next thread, "Why aren't the Twitch drops better?"...

BTW, this is how marketing events work in just about every single industry. IRL it's go to a convention booth, watch a demo, get a keychain or koozie or some other low-value swag gift. In this case it's virtual, but the same marketing exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Holy smokes the entitled people complaining about free stuff in this thread is wild. In other games people are happy to get the free loot from Twitch drops. It's an optional marketing event for Dragonflight's release, watch some streams if you want to get some free stuff, or not if you don't. Twitch drops are generally not significant rewards anyway, it is likely to just be cosmetic drops like they were for OW2. But that will open the door for the next thread, "Why aren't the Twitch drops better?"...

BTW, this is how marketing events work in just about every single industry. IRL it's go to a convention booth, watch a demo, get a keychain or koozie or some other low-value swag gift. In this case it's virtual, but the same marketing exercise.
    thats because most of wow players dont want to watch the clowns streaming on twitch .

is it possible to watch like wow official stream there ? i cba to tune in to any of those simp collecting clowns there

or to join a channel which has like 5 viewers to get rewards and make someone unknown to anyone happy ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's just a simple "watch a stream with drops for x hours"

Like the Overwatch ones are usually like 6-8 hours for a few rewards.

So many companies do it now and it helps streamers so ultimately it's harmless to just leave it up in the background.
    ah i dont do that so makes sense i didnt know was a thing. carry on then.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I don't get what "Twich drop" means. Cap?

Do we know if the prepatch elemental stuff events only work for level 60 characters? Or are they scaled?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    I don't get what "Twich drop" means. Cap?
    It's literally explained in the quote in the post above your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Man fuck right off with this shit. Bad enough they do this with Overwatch 2.
    They will do it with every game. Twitch viewer counts are used to market games, look at how bad they shilled over 1 million Classic viewers when that first launched.

By tying exclusive rewards to Twitch they goad people into falsely inflating Twitch viewer counts with people who aren't even watching the game as they lurk it in a background tab

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    There is plenty of stuff for you to do in game to get items/mounts/whatever, why can't we have both? Why can't we let streamers choose if they want to enable these drops, so their viewers get rewarded for watching them?

Or is it a case of FOMO?
    you speak of why cant we have both? so why mot let in be something in prepatch content for 1st 1 also then? that way both sides are happy, when i got rid of my twitch account it was when they lost wow addons, the case of FOMO would depend on what the drops are, if its mogs or items for other games i couldn't care less but when it starts giving mounts and toys then i have a issue.

im all for options but when the only way to get in game goodies is to do something outside of the game then that stance looses all credibility imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Theres plenty of ingame stuff that you can collect. Don't act like they removed some big part of the game and put it behind twitch stream.

They promoting streamers because Twitch and streamers are huge marketing business now for every company in the industry. If you think it's a waste that because you have no idea about marketing.

Making some random email and twitch account take how long? 2 minutes? After earning reward (muted stream in the background while playing game) you can unlink the account and delete mail and twitch account or just abandon.

If the reward from twitch is so important to you I'm pretty sure those steps won't be a problem for you. And if they are noone really cares, watch it or don't, boycot Blizzard or do whatever you want.

I and many people like this ADDITIONAL stuff I'm getting for the games I play and I earned that way alot of MTX for other games not only Blizzard related.
    do tell how will i be able to get the stuff from the twitch drops doing in game content? as it stands im not seeing a way,

unless the prepatch drop is going to be all 4 mog sets from the pre patch even but its not been confirmed what its going to be yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deathsreaper View Post
    LMAO I am pretty sure there are in game activities to do now and in Dragonflight you can do to get transmog and mounts pets ect...... Again what is the problem?
    assuming its the same rewards, i wish they would show the 1st drop then we can see if there's different obtainment methods or not

considering the fact that we could end up wiht a unique mount on this.......
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2022-10-21 at 11:43 PM.

You can use a forwarding service to make an account just for the promotion. After it's over, I'll just turn off the forwarding or delete the forwarder if Twitch won't let me delete the account itself. The stream will be in a muted browser window in the background. I don't find watching people stream video games interesting/entertaining, so I don't do it.

Promote degenerate behavior, get degenerate behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And I really hope they make theses rewards exclusive things, because exclusive collectibles are fun! If you can't even be bothered to watch a stream for 2 hours you just don't deserve stuff, it's as simple as that. Stuff that everyone can get is the only good type of FOMO anyways, since you won't have the fear of not being able to get it while it's available (unlike f.e. the gladiator mount or the keystone hero titles).

And people who aren't loyal just don't get loyality rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. God forbid they give us some cool cosmetics as keepsakes for the dragonflight launch.
    All of these days are workdays... What if someone can't make it?

If you can't even be bothered to watch a stream for 2 hours you just don't deserve stuff, it's as simple as that.
    That is just awful logic. Most people are going to "watch" streamers just for the reward. Not because they like them.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    You can use a forwarding service to make an account just for the promotion. After it's over, I'll just turn off the forwarding or delete the forwarder if Twitch won't let me delete the account itself. The stream will be in a muted browser window in the background. I don't find watching people stream video games interesting/entertaining, so I don't do it.

Promote degenerate behavior, get degenerate behavior.
    There's nothing degenerate about watching people for entertainment, or people providing entertainment.

What a better place we could have if people didn't feel the need to mock other's enjoyment.

I don't understand the people who argue against those who don't like stuff like this.

Here you have two kinds of people.

Person 1: Doesn't like this and would prefer if the items/cosmetics were obtainable in-game.

Person 2: Disagrees with person 1 and calls them entitled.

The way I see it, person 1 has something to lose, if for whatever reason they don't watch the stream, they don't get the item. But nothing changes for person 2. Regardless if the item is a drop or not. So, why? Why do you argue with person 1? You literally get nothing from this.