Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is WotLKc going to be fixed anytime soon or its is going to say as it is?

Vanilla classic had a fair bit of bugs, but vast majority of them were non intrusive enough to just ignore em, TBC had bit more (many never got fixed) but WotLK seems so bug-ridden It makes me not wanna play it.
    Seriously, even servers "we can't talk about" make Blizz version look like its made by amatours that just didn't give much fk about it.
    Aaan I am not talking about some very technical stuff like which effect should proc what at what rate etc.
    Equipement menager is straight up broken and doesn't work at all as it is supposed to work, "ignore slot" doesn't work, when you delete set you get lua errors and are unable to get rid of now broken saved set XD
    Hunter pets spawn after dismount with around quarter hp, despite being full hp before mounting.
    You can't cast buff spells with ranks on lowbies if given spell is cast via a macro or clicked on it in spellbook, only when dragged out of spellbook and dragged onto action bar.
    You can't take standard pet controls (like attack, follow defensive stance etc) off pet action bars, you deffinitely could in WotLK.

Whole thing gives vibes more of stiched together frankenstain (or patchwork) rather than either a "museum" of WoW nor modern, improved game. It has worst out of both worlds...

My guess is next year.

I'm going to assume it went down like this:
    Blizzard pushed out Wotlk early, it was likely a rush job that just got the most stable version out of the door for the launch (to be fair, most bugs aren't gamebreaking, but they are certainly there)
    Which was done largely to get it out in Q3, because DF is slated for Q4.

Now i would say that a substantial amount of people from the Classic team are helping out on the Retail side to that get one out of the door for launch in a relatively stable state, with DF launching in November and the usual season of bugfixes that follows an expansion release, i say it's pretty much christmas until those people move back to Classic and clean up the remaining bugs.

The people currently working on Classic are likely prioritizing bugs that actually cause core gameplay issues (such as KT always hitting the Tank with Frost Blast).

But yeah, the amount of (minor) bugs in Wotlkc is rather staggering.
    Standard raidframes keep displaying regular buffs even during combat (such as Pala buffs, they usually aren't displayed during combat)
    Vehicles are displayed as pets in raidframes (very fun on Malygos / Oculus if you are hiding petframes)
    A ton of neutral npc's don't despawn in Culling of Stratholme even after the actual dungeon gets going (just seems weird to have a fruit vendor standing next to a bunch of zombies)

Just some nitpicks, but i'd be very surprised to learn that this is actually authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Equipement menager is straight up broken and doesn't work at all as it is supposed to work, "ignore slot" doesn't work, when you delete set you get lua errors and are unable to get rid of now broken saved set XD
    I just tried that out, "ignore slot" works exactly as it should, and I can delete any sets without issue.

That pets spawn only with half health has been an issue during original wotlk (and before - here thread from 2009 and 2010 ), and still happens today in retail from time to time.

Makes me doubt the accuracy of your other claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon™

/10c
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Vanilla classic had a fair bit of bugs, but vast majority of them were non intrusive enough to just ignore em, TBC had bit more (many never got fixed) but WotLK seems so bug-ridden It makes me not wanna play it.
    Seriously, even servers "we can't talk about" make Blizz version look like its made by amatours that just didn't give much fk about it.
    Aaan I am not talking about some very technical stuff like which effect should proc what at what rate etc.
    Hunter pets spawn after dismount with around quarter hp, despite being full hp before mounting.
    You can't cast buff spells with ranks on lowbies if given spell is cast via a macro or clicked on it in spellbook, only when dragged out of spellbook and dragged onto action bar.
    You can't take standard pet controls (like attack, follow defensive stance etc) off pet action bars, you deffinitely could in WotLK.

Whole thing gives vibes more of stiched together frankenstain (or patchwork) rather than either a "museum" of WoW nor modern, improved game. It has worst out of both worlds...
    As someone who has played more than half of my life on WoW private servers (and even developed a lot for them), I can tell you that Wrath Classic is miles better than any Wrath private server ever made (and yes I have played all of the english speaking ones to ever have at least a decent audience) despite its many bugs.

I am also very annoyed at the numbers of bugs in Wrath Classic, don't get me wrong, but this whole BS story (which was a thing during Vanilla Classic too) about how much better those private servers were made and how they had less cheating etc. is simply not true. Even Nostalrius, the server that got us Classic, was riddled with ridiculous bugs and was infamous for its sheer amount of cheaters. The admins at that time have admitted that up to 60% of Nosts population at that time were Chinese players (where most gold sellers come from).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-10-20 at 03:39 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those sound like a problem with your addons tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's like people who complain about the LFG tool not loading, once I turned off LFGBB it stopped breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bugs are just part of the experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never had any issues with UI related stuff, but I rarely use addons. Everything else is mostly as I remember it.

The only real game breaking things was WG for the first week and things like KT frost blasting the main tank. I have no doubts other bugs (or intended features) are present, but those first two were fixed. The only other thing I can think of is several of the bosses turning MLoot off, but that seems to have been fixed today.

Not sucking Blizzards dick here, but saying WoTLK is a bug ridden mess is sort of disingenuous. It certainly hasn't turned me off from playing it in the slightest.

The pet thing is horrible. On my warlock I dismount and he is at 44% when he was at 100% when I mounted. This morning, I kid you not, when I land my Blueberry would be a 2% health. This is game breaking IMHO. Luckily it is an alt so i can log off when I am sick of it.

Now my hunter pet I have had no issues at all
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    The pet thing is horrible. On my warlock I dismount and he is at 44% when he was at 100% when I mounted. This morning, I kid you not, when I land my Blueberry would be a 2% health. This is game breaking IMHO. Luckily it is an alt so i can log off when I am sick of it.

Now my hunter pet I have had no issues at all
    Someone literally just posted threads from 2009/2010 with people having the same bugs.

You guys wanted #nochanges, well there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Someone literally just posted threads from 2009/2010 with people having the same bugs.

You guys wanted #nochanges, well there you go.
    Who are you guys? I dare you to find any post I have made that eludes to that. I guess you just want to be cool by being a tool
    "Peace is a lie"

Honestly, I wouldn't expect it.

I've seen the care that went into Vanilla Classic get tossed out the window.

TBC had bugs introduced part of the way through that never got fixed.
    A lot of environmental assets had their full asset outlined so you'd see bushes and trees with weird black lines around them. Basically, whatever was in the file but was invisible was highlighted in these weird black lines everywhere.

There's a ton of things wrong with Wrath that I feel like would not have been overlooked with Vanilla and wasn't overlooked with Vanilla's original release. I know that, somewhere down the line, spawn points of mobs got wonky in Classic Classic where some enemies started spawning inside of the floor even in cases where this wasn't an issue previously.

That's pretty much been in TBC and Wrath from the start. It's super frustrating.

shadowmeld doesn't let you avoid projectiles, that's the whole point of the racial in PvP and it doesn't work.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alecazam View Post
    shadowmeld doesn't let you avoid projectiles, that's the whole point of the racial in PvP and it doesn't work.
    This is an old bug too that also effects a rogues vanish
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It never did..?

If a projectile is in the air already, it will hit you, the game has already calculated that it will hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It never did..?

If a projectile is in the air already, it will hit you, the game has already calculated that it will hit you.
    Not true. This isn't a new mechanic, vanish worked like this from vanilla til cata and again sometime after cata. Vanish also grants a split second immunity on cast. Shadowmeld has shared these traits since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I just tried that out, "ignore slot" works exactly as it should, and I can delete any sets without issue.

That pets spawn only with half health has been an issue during original wotlk (and before - here thread from 2009 and 2010 ), and still happens today in retail from time to time.

Makes me doubt the accuracy of your other claims.
    I'm leaning towards this.

What are these other gamebreaking bugs you're withholding?
    I'm willing to wager your lua errors are your own UI issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Same. OP, you use no addons or? Bartender I can move stuff around on my pet stuff as warlock.

But hes 100% right about the pet dismount thing, super annoying.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Not true. This isn't a new mechanic, vanish worked like this from vanilla til cata and again sometime after cata. Vanish also grants a split second immunity on cast. Shadowmeld has shared these traits since wrath.
    Can you provide evidence of such cases where Shadowmeld did give you an immunity buff?