Poll: Should Draconic form have both male and female body types?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I voted top option purely because I'll always vote for more customization over less. BUT - not reptile boobs. I am not voting for reptile boobs.

I approve of this comic, especially the latter half.

Edit: In hindsight, and since we're doing real life realism, why is an obligate carnivore packing vegetable snacks if not to share them?
    Last edited by loras; 2022-10-22 at 01:10 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Literally unplayable without huge fucking milkers and a 12 inch whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    Diablo-like games were never about customization your characters appearance with tons of details, if you want that go play the gazilion mmos that have that, another example of how ppl in these forums just want games to cater to them, very delusional out of touch people
    Next generation Diablo games (Immortal and 4) are pseudo-MMOs. In 4 you can customize your toons a good deal, too, but the default options are oddly androgynous. You are just misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Yes, to excuse not making the dracthyr feature-complete with transmog. A pox upon it.
    Well no, they were emulating the characters the race/class was based on; WoW dragons. For example;

Alexstraza as a dragon isn't wearing a full set of armor either.

Why? Dragons don't have particular dimorphism, neither do Drakonid/Dragonspawn aside from literally 1 model last I checked.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It's really sexist that body type 1 is masculine and feminine is 2nd

we already have too many humanized animals with human boobs that look weird AF we dont need more

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It’s more a question of what you would prefer rather than what is right.

Yes there reptiles don’t usually have gender strong dimorphic appearances. But neither do cows , or goats, and none stand on 2 legs either, speak, fly or build cities.

This is obviously not about realism, but about preference. Draconic form’s biggest issue is model preference. Some okay with gecko type lizard others wanting chunkier.

I feel a male and female model would have solved this issue nicely. But it’s not about placating loaners. It’s about what you would prefer.

So vote what you would like rather than what is most accurate according to whatever logic you have.
    Mammals are named as such because they have mammary glands to produce milk to nourish offspring.

Reptiles do not have mammary glands.

If the aim is some resemblance of realism than the direction is spot in in regards to scientifically accurate anatomy for reptiles.

Quote Originally Posted by confety View Post
    we already have too many humanized animals with human boobs that look weird AF we dont need more
    I remember thinking that Tauren shoudl not have a pair of boobs, tha'ts not how heifer's are like, but nope, they are humanised, I also have no problem with that, it's aesthetically better - than having a cow sack or multiple boobs like a goat on a huamnoid character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Mammals are named as such because they have mammary glands to produce milk to nourish offspring.

Reptiles do not have mammary glands.

If the aim is some resemblance of realism than the direction is spot in in regards to scientifically accurate anatomy for reptiles.
    It's hard to make a valid argument based on that for why they don't have, it's just design choice, just like not every race has a female model/sex, aiming for realism might have palyed a factor or not - it's hard to say when so many liberties of all kinds are always taken in this game, including dragonspawn having sexual dimorphism - and you know what, everyone is fine with that, infact there was and has been a long standing cry for female versions of many models too - so /shrug.

You didn't really say what you would prefer though. AFterall , it's humans playing human like characters - were not reptiles, and our playable races are made to reflect us. I was okay with either, but I think, now I would prefer there to be a female dimorphic model.

The Tauren argument is pointless.

We already have Dragons in WoW, they do look exactly the same between male and female.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It’s more a question of what you would prefer rather than what is right.

Yes there reptiles don’t usually have gender strong dimorphic appearances. But neither do cows , or goats, and none stand on 2 legs either, speak, fly or build cities.

This is obviously not about realism, but about preference. Draconic form’s biggest issue is model preference. Some okay with gecko type lizard others wanting chunkier.

I feel a male and female model would have solved this issue nicely. But it’s not about placating loaners. It’s about what you would prefer.

So vote what you would like rather than what is most accurate according to whatever logic you have.
    There's a chunkier body and a slim body with 2 variants in between. This is a non-issue.

And to answer the question in a broader sense, no, we don't need 'feminine' dragons with boobs and long eyelashes. The androgynous version we got is fine.
    Last edited by SausageBiscuits; 2022-10-22 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SausageBiscuits View Post
    There's a chunkier body and a slim body with 2 variants in between. This is a non-issue.

And to answer the question in a broader sense, no, we don't need 'feminine' dragons with boobs and long eyelashes. The androgynous version we got is fine.
    To some it istill is, but they're entitled to their preferences, I must say that the fan made adjustment looked really good - but I would say that would be ideal for a male-esque body type, which a lot of their population still likes.

Yet, it's okay to try something new, but I don't think the slimmer famelic design hits the spot for wider a peal you would want. 2 body types would have been better, but they don't need to be sexually dimorphic - I was thinking more the broader chested/thicker neck fan adjusted model for type1, and the more slender for type 2 - it's neither male or female, but clearly one is more male like in proportions , while the other could be compared to females being slighter and smaller, but noitnecessarily, no boobs needed.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Depends on the fantasy setting, as having breast-like features doesn't automatically have to mean that they have mammory glands. Mentioned in a different thread a long time ago that there's a fantasy setting where dragon-like humanoids have dimorphism, included breasts, that have nothing to do with mammory glands. The in-universe scientific explanation is that the breasts act as extra lung sacks, similar to what our world's birds have, which allow these dragon-like creatures the ability to be way more atheltic and able to perform well in more extreme areas where air is thin/lacking. For females, these air sacs evolved to be externally show differently than men for the purposes of mating, so the male dragon-like creatures have a natural attraction to larger-breasted women of their species because it indicates the physical prowless and potential of the female, and of course they want to pass on the best traits to their children.

So yeah, something having breasts where we normally don't see it can make sense in your fantasy setting beyond just purely being sexualization with no scientific or rational explanation. Heck, you could reason in a fantasy setting for breasts on females that has nothing to do with mating at all if you wanted, no need to get stuck in to the mammary gland aspect.
    I have NEVER heard of those examples and I honestly don't believe that's a thing in any setting. Again, the only reason a reptilian species would have breasts is for sexualization.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well no, they were emulating the characters the race/class was based on; WoW dragons. For example

Alexstraza as a dragon isn't wearing a full set of armor either.
    Yes, we're all terribly familiar with your complete non-arguments. Kindly cease repeating yourself; it didn't add anything meaningful the first twenty times either.

Yes, we're all terribly familiar with your complete non-arguments. Kindly cease repeating yourself; it didn't add anything meaningful the first twenty times either.
    Fuck this made me laugh.
    I swear there are hardly any names worth remembering on this site, but Teriz and Lelenia do come to mind.

I'll just bluntly state it: Those two are like as dense as two neutron stars orbiting one another, if they'd get any denser they'd collapse in on themselves.
    Hilarious to watch for like... a good few minutes if you're not involved, but then it really starts to... drag on
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    That "dreaded" dimorphism is what gives the game flavor.
    WoW's dimorhpism is awful. You get bulky male and (often) slender sexy colored human female that sometimes don't look the same species to begin with. [2] [3]
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2022-10-23 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They added female models to both tuskar and giants as well as updating both centaur genders.
    Don't you mean body type 2? You might get cancelled, be careful

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s hardly a non-argument when the Dracthyr are doing the exact same thing as the major draconic heroes of Warcraft.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It’s hardly a non-argument when the Dracthyr are doing the exact same thing as the major draconic heroes of Warcraft.
    Weird. I don't recall Alexstraza, Wrathion, or any of the other 'major draconic heros' wearing full sets of armor or using large halberds/axes (or any weapons for that matter) in their draconic forms.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-10-23 at 02:43 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Weird. I don't recall Alexstraza, Wrathion, or any of the other 'major draconic heros' wearing full sets of armor or using large halberds/axes (or any weapons for that matter) in their draconic forms.
    Which are merely options for players who want such options for the new playable race. Them getting options that the draconic heroes don't display doesn't change the fact that the Dracthyr are based on the draconic heroes of Warcraft.