Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Justice League makes a completely unexpected appearance in new ‘Black Adam’ trailer

The new trailer for Black Adam features members of the Justice League and Harley Quinn, much to the surprise of many fans.
    Sounds like it will similar to their cameo in Peacemaker.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Early ‘Black Adam’ reviews are in, and it looks like DC might’ve finally gotten something right

Early reviews for DC’s upcoming film starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson are praising what could be the best entry into the DCEU to date. The film’s global premiere took place today in New York giving journalists and lucky guests a chance to be the first to see the film. Taking to social media, many shared their thoughts and, surprisingly, they are almost all overwhelmingly positive.

It wasn’t just The Rock landing high praise for his role, with both Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate and Aldis Hodge as Hawkman receiving their fair share of love from the premiere.

Grain of salt and all that, I do intend to see it myself.

The R-rated version of ‘Black Adam’ is quickly becoming the new Snyder Cut

It was only last night that the team behind the impending DCEU blockbuster revealed that the initial edit had to go through four rounds of cuts with the MPAA before it was approved for a PG-13 release, so it sounds as though Johnson lived up to his promise of pushing the envelope as far as superhumanly possible.

The actor and producer has been making all the right moves both behind the scenes and in the public eye, and given that he’s been hammering home his desire to give the people exactly what they want, who’s to say it won’t become a reality once Black Adam finishes up what’s promising to be a lucrative run at the box office.

Either way, it’s become clear that the DCEU fandom is already desperate to see the harder edges of the titular antihero, whether it ends up happening on the big screen, home video, or even HBO Max.

initial edit had to go through four rounds of cuts with the MPAA before it was approved for a PG-13 release
    That's the problem with superhero movie, a big part of its intended audience can't go watch it R-rated.

Makes me think if they could produce two versions right from the start.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early ‘Black Adam’ reviews are in, and it looks like DC might’ve finally gotten something right

Early reviews for DC’s upcoming film starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson are praising what could be the best entry into the DCEU to date. The film’s global premiere took place today in New York giving journalists and lucky guests a chance to be the first to see the film. Taking to social media, many shared their thoughts and, surprisingly, they are almost all overwhelmingly positive.

It wasn’t just The Rock landing high praise for his role, with both Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate and Aldis Hodge as Hawkman receiving their fair share of love from the premiere.

Grain of salt and all that, I do intend to see it myself.
    Again - all with grain of salt myself, I do agree. But, apparently, its seeming more of a 'mixed bag" as more and more reviews (both critic and others) coming in.

I link one of the ones making the rounds in the last 24 hours (and apparently even since this published, the RT score has now dropped below 50% as the latest google headline search is telling me) but many of these "mixed" reviews saying the ACTORS are great, and make the movie better than it is/"save it" - because the "hero-movie" around the actors is less than impressive.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/bla...ssion-project/

“There isn’t a single character here that doesn’t feel like a cheap photocopy of one from Gotham or the MCU,” Ehrlich wrote, “not a single beat that doesn’t feel like it hasn’t been audience-tested within an inch of its life, not a single fight scene that isn’t smothered to death by the DCEU’s signature CGI gloop. ‘The superhero-industrial complex is worth a lot of money,’ a character whose name I’ve already forgotten observes at one point, and “Black Adam” becomes a part of that business with all the fun and enthusiasm of a hedge fund buying $200 million worth of blue chip stocks.”
    I mean maybe that point about them making "four cuts" JUST to get the rating they wanted is a sign of something along the lines of this quote's "audience tested within an inch of its life."

I don't follow or care about IMDB, RT, or any rating's scores honestly. But - I really don't care about "Black Adam" either =D. Just passing along the information as I come across it in my morning news feed screen for those that might want the varied info.

Honestly, never heard of this character and was sick two years ago of Super Hero Movies (marvel or DC). It wasn't a high priority for me to see, with or without "The Rock" Johnson, because of the "non-existant" status in my head and I'm still struggling to care to see the Second Strange movie (But did manage to push myself to see the newer Batman and that was a nice change of pace.) So if the 'word' remains that this is just a typical SuperHero movie with the Rock I'll probably not care to make the effort to watch it and see what all the "fuss' is about this "Black Adam" guy. (I'm sure i'll watch it eventually though - just may be a couple years down the road heh.)

The only reason I had any thought that maybe it might be worth "another" superhero movie , is because of "The Rock" and finding him entertaining to watch. (Not saying he's a good actor, just saying he usually entertains me when he's on screen). And wondering what is it about THIS character that he found so important to heavy-push this movie into existing.

But no I really don't have the movie-energy to sit through another 2+ hour mediocre action-superhero experience. Shrugs. But I don't feel "disappointed" either because NOT feeling a 'need' to see ANOTHER superhero movie is also really OK with me. (lol)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Uh, those rt reviews are from critics...not audience, so take that with a huge grain of salt..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Uh, those rt reviews are from critics...not audience, so take that with a huge grain of salt..
    Yeah i would put zero faith in RT critics. That said i do think people are getting pretty weary of The Rock being The Rock in every film he is in. Will defo give it look see when it hits a streaming service but ain't gonna spend a couple of hours in the pictures for this one.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    hehe - I take BOTH types of 'reviews' (critic based or 'audience' based) with a huge grain of salt. Neither audience nor critics are the experts in what each of us, as individuals, enjoys. Sometimes I like what the masses like, sometimes I hate it. Sometimes I love what critics enjoy, sometimes I hate it for the reason they enjoy it.

But after reading the first review (posted here) giving that gleaming "best thing in years" idea ("Best DCEU movie to date!"), I just wanted to make sure the 'other part' of the reviews were also linked, for completionist sake. And I was bored, and had the time .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

I liked the film, but not all of it. I don't know if the forum has a spoiler tag I can use, so I won't say anything too specific, save for this: Black Adam (the character) rules, Hawkman sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I liked the film, but not all of it. I don't know if the forum has a spoiler tag I can use, so I won't say anything too specific, save for this: Black Adam (the character) rules, Hawkman sucks.
    Yes you can use the [ spoiler] and [ /spoiler] tags, for your text to be blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah i would put zero faith in RT critics. That said i do think people are getting pretty weary of The Rock being The Rock in every film he is in. Will defo give it look see when it hits a streaming service but ain't gonna spend a couple of hours in the pictures for this one.
    With all the movies and productions getting canned or put on hiatus from the WB, I wouldn't have been surprised if Black Adam would've been on the chopping block. However, because The Rock is in the leading role, chances were slim that the movie would've been axed because he still has some name ID power... heck, my wife was tempted to go see the movie just because The Rock was in it. However, when you think of the demographic that would go to see a movie because there's a hot guy in the main role, should that really be your target audience if you want long-term gains or are building a franchise?

I think there's a huge disconnect between the Hollywood-type elites (which could include other elites from places like Disney, Amazon, Bad Robot, etc.) and what their customer base really is. There's an increasing amount of antagonizing who should and could be their biggest fans to give the IP more staying power: the nerds and actual superfans of an IP. Nothing wrong with trying to expand your target audience, but you do not want to attempt to expand your audience at the expense of your built-in audience. It's gotten to the point where we expect news articles and interviews outright attacking and insulting the people who made the franchises what they are before, during, and after a show or movie gets released, as well as the show/movie itself. It's akin to a steak restaurant, where the owners constantly tell steak lovers that they're horrible/problematic people for not liking their steak meals when said steak lovers are served only spit-on gristle. To continue the analogy, when the steak restaurant starts failing and gets horrible reviews, the owners don't blame their products or their treatment of customers or hiring chefs that either hate steak or have never seen a steak before, but they will blame the customers themselves for being the problem they always said they were.

In my group of friends I didn't get the 'watch Black Adam and see how it is', because a bunch of us don't want to pay for a lot of the trite garbage that's out there searching for a diamond in the rough. There is some legitimately well written and entertaining content out there, but it's a daunting task if you have to filter through the sludge solo. I'll wait to see what the judgement is from my circle, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be a mediocre "edge lord"-type movie with meh writing based upon the trailers alone.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-10-20 at 05:25 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5+ Year Old Account
    Black Adam - Movie Review

Jeremy Jahns
    Oct 20, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's the problem with superhero movie, a big part of its intended audience can't go watch it R-rated.

Makes me think if they could produce two versions right from the start.
    Didn't hurt Deadpool or Logan.

Critics as usual have no clue, or god knows what they are voting for, movie is a very decent fun dumb experience that fees like a comic, the CGI is good also and if you ignore the 10-15 cringe as fuck usual scenes its a great movie.

Plus Dwayne Johnson feels so natural about the role xD

Ignore the critics and if you enjoy flashy dumb comic fun, you will love it.

This movie was absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This movie was absolutely horrible.
    I think I'm done with Marvel and DC movies, except Batman.
    Black Adam felt like watching a Marvel movie, a really bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I think I'm done with Marvel and DC movies, except Batman.
    Black Adam felt like watching a Marvel movie, a really bad one.
    This was probably the worst DC movie since Birds of Prey.

They really don't seem to be able to hit on anything but Batman as a character.

This movie was bad. I can't believe Johnson went so far out for this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Critics as usual have no clue, or god knows what they are voting for, movie is a very decent fun dumb experience that fees like a comic, the CGI is good also and if you ignore the 10-15 cringe as fuck usual scenes its a great movie.

Plus Dwayne Johnson feels so natural about the role xD

Ignore the critics and if you enjoy flashy dumb comic fun, you will love it.
    TEN TO FIFTEEN "cringe as fuck" scenes? In a single movie? And still you think it's a good movie if you IGNORE those scenes?

This is quite a review.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    TEN TO FIFTEEN "cringe as fuck" scenes? In a single movie? And still you think it's a good movie if you IGNORE those scenes?

This is quite a review.
    It is a good movie cause i expect to go watch dumb comic fun, and i received dumb comic fun, i didnt go expecting to see anything else, which is the problem with most people, what the fuck are you expecting to see exactly?

And by scenes i do mean a few seconds each, not half the movie, all the cringey fuck about freedom and people power, the same way i hate the mega obvious feminist pushing propaganda moments when its not needed and all that similar crap they put in movies these days.

Bad box office for this one and a B+ CS. 150 projection. Brutal. Pitiful THR-S tracking too.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/b...0-23-2022.html