Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So haven't seen anything, but wanted to check before...

Are there any changes coming to racials with dragonflight, before I make my 10th orc for stun redux I just wanted to make sure there wasnt any racial balancing I missed in the myriad of details.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.

Racials have not mattered since tbc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniclass View Post
    Are there any changes coming to racials with dragonflight, before I make my 10th orc for stun redux I just wanted to make sure there wasnt any racial balancing I missed in the myriad of details.
    Eh, don't think people have cared, especially not now that you can do cross-faction raiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Some of them, specially the new ones (forgot name) have a significant dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Some of them, specially the new ones (forgot name) have a significant dps gain.
    Yeah well, let's discuss what you consider "significant".

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    How much more significant can it get than *checks notes* 200DPS!?
    Last edited by fatgunn; 2022-10-23 at 03:58 PM. Reason: rmoved image

snip
    They're probably confused and referring to the MG racial that never even made it to live because the Horde whined about it so much.

This is a perfect example of not knowing what you're talking about and also why sims matters very little.
    You're linking a patchwerk for god knows what variables or length.
    When the reality is that some of them provides 2-5% overall dps in a m+ dungeon above +15.

No they do not. You are making up numbers.

Racials have not have any significant impact since wrath.

2-5% is tiny and unimportant

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniclass View Post
    If you mean PVP wise there is a new passive added to PVP Trinkets which is a 10% CC reduction meaning Orcs are no longer mandatory for PVP. Orc Racial isn't changing but I was told it didn't stack with that bonus (the trinket also says it doesn't stack with similar effects). Would upload a picture but not sure where to host it :S
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

This is a perfect example of not knowing what you're talking about and also why sims matters very little.
    When the reality is that some of them provides 2-5% overall dps in a m+ dungeon above +15.
    Yeah, then just link your "reality" for us where a dps spec gains up to 5% from their racial. Shouldn't be so hard considering there are 180k parses for S4 m+ on warcraftlogs and it must be one of the few active abilities, since all passive percentage based racials cannot reach that gain by definition.

The settings are indeed the default simulation craft settings, patchwerk with a length of 300s +-20%. We can also easily switch to hectic add cleave:

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    How much more significant can it get than *checks notes* 200DPS!?
    In SL, 200 dps increase is the difference between a decent trinket and a BiS trinket.

Yeah, then just link your "reality" for us where a dps spec gains up to 5% from their racial. Shouldn't be so hard considering there are 180k parses for S4 m+ on warcraftlogs and it must be one of the few active abilities, since all passive percentage based racials cannot reach that gain by definition.
    Go to warcraftlogs.com, take anyone above 2900 rating (they will always minmax) and have a look at what the new racials actually do?
    You also grossly underestimate just how much a 200 dps increase is. In contrast, gavel, which was this expansions most ridiculously overpowered item, was worth about 1000.

Go to warcraftlogs.com, take anyone above 2900 rating (they will always minmax) and have a look at what the new racials actually do?
    You also grossly underestimate just how much a 200 dps increase is. In contrast, gavel, which was this expansions most ridiculously overpowered item, was worth about 1000.
    I can just look at the MDI, and see they all take dark iron dwarf. And then realize they do not take it because of the damage it gives, but because of the utility to be able to debuff anything.
    And when we look at the top 10 warlocks in raider.io (doing m+36/35), we have 3 dwarfs, 2 human, 2 orks, 2 trolls, 1 blood elf.
    But I won't look for anything, you made the claim, you link the proof.

And I do not underestimate it. I can calculate it. It's roughly 1.1% (extremes) and 0.4% (mean).

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This discussion does kind of highlight the problem with dps meters, which is that it underemphasizes the importance of other racial benefits to a group like stuns and interrupts, or a well-timed emergency heal. Things that can be a lot more valuable in a run than 200 dps. And that also assumes perfect execution, when player skill variance will be way more than that for 99% of the playerbase. So I'd say play what you like, and just use those perks well to be a good overall asset to your groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    you can't be fucking real, 5% dps gain from a fucking racial?
    Show me these racials.

- - - Updated - - -

??? show us, stop telling us to find your proof for you, show us, you are so confident you link them, cause i already went and looked but finding a warrior who is one of the races you say is "overpowered 5%" who also has gavel, who actually uploaded logs of their M+ runs and not just from the leaderboard is too much work.

you make the claim you show the proof.

cause you say "the gavel only adds like 1000 dps"

no, the proc effect of the gavel adds 3200 dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    is that why the MDI players and RWF are basically all the same race?
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    It's so hard to understand there is massive difference between normal people doing even cutting edge content and literal race where obviously every 0.1% matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    In SL, 200 dps increase is the difference between a decent trinket and a BiS trinket.
    By definition BiS is best. Even a 2 dps increase would make something BiS. That doesn't mean 200dps is significant.

Mythic Sepulchre from warcraftlogs.

200dps is only a 0.8% increase even for Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    the game should never balanced around those players.....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22