Second Russian jet in 5 days crashes into buildings in Russia. Both crew reported killed.

And these aren't the only crash landings they've had. Russian planes seem to have trouble staying in the skies even when not being shot at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Second Russian jet in 5 days crashes into buildings in Russia. Both crew reported killed.

And these aren't the only crash landings they've had. Russian planes seem to have trouble staying in the skies even when not being shot at.
    Both pilots reportedly died from suffocation...BEFORE the crash... I'm sorry, what? That's amateur hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

I can't wait until they launch a nuclear attack and nuke themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I can't wait until they launch a nuclear attack and nuke themselves.
    Well Sergei Shoigu did today "worry" that Ukraine is going to use a dirty bomb on them...

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ct-2022-10-23/

Oct 23 (Reuters) - Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu told his French counterpart in a telephone call on Sunday that the situation in Ukraine was rapidly deteriorating and trending towards "uncontrolled escalation".

In a phone call with French Defence Minister Sebastien Lecornu published by the Russian side, Shoigu said Moscow had concerns Ukraine could use a "dirty bomb" in the conflict, without providing evidence to support the suggestion that Ukraine might use such a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Well Sergei Shoigu did today "worry" that Ukraine is going to use a dirty bomb on them...

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ct-2022-10-23/
    All the times we've played Fallout and it's set in America when in reality, it should be set in Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Apparently RuZZia sent trucks full of explosives to the Kakhovska hydroelectric power plant dam.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gerashche...25828042809344

Seem to be planning to commit more war crimes on civilians.

Damn nazi concrete particles in the dam?
    Worrisome that this will take the wind out of the Ukrainian counterattack in the south. If the damn is mined the Ukrainians will find it difficult to remove the mines while the Russians watch on the other side. Also, crossing the bridges to the south of the damn would be risky as the Russians could then blow the damn to cut the forces off. Maybe their best bet is to HIMARS the heck out of the eastern side of the damn while they remove the mines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Worrisome that this will take the wind out of the Ukrainian counterattack in the south. If the damn is mined the Ukrainians will find it difficult to remove the mines while the Russians watch on the other side. Also, crossing the bridges to the south of the damn would be risky as the Russians could then blow the damn to cut the forces off. Maybe their best bet is to HIMARS the heck out of the eastern side of the damn while they remove the mines.
    On the other hand, Ukraine have options open that doesn't strictly require crossing the Dnieper immediately after liberating Kherson.

My armchair general take on it is that Ukraine will aim to reorient for a push down through Zaporizhzhia with a logistics chain mostly across land to support it, the rail link across the Russian land bridge from Crimea is already within Ukrainian artillery range, and not much is moving across the Kerch bridge in the immediate future.

I believe Ukraine is still upholding the operation security radio silence. Bit of news from even more liberated towns but the main operation going on is still pretty unknown for public me thinks.

First person pov of a Russian su-25 getting shot down over Ukraine.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV..._getting_shot/
    I imagine that does not feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    First person pov of a Russian su-25 getting shot down over Ukraine.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV..._getting_shot/
    I imagine that does not feel good.
    I imagine it feels a lot better than dying.

Why the hell would i upload smth like this?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

From the reddit thread it looks like this happened months ago and the Pilot posted it somewhat recently. I suspect they did so to have a 'holy shit look what I survived!!' story to tell their friends/viewers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    From the reddit thread it looks like this happened months ago and the Pilot posted it somewhat recently. I suspect they did so to have a 'holy shit look what I survived!!' story to tell their friends/viewers.
    Plus those sweet, sweet internet points!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Plus those sweet, sweet internet points!
    But not even the russian military is incompetent enough to allow this free intel/propaganda for the enemy. Not that i'd think russian soldiers wouldn't be careless enough.

Going to take a wild guess and say that Ukrainian forces captured the pilot, took the device he was filming with, laughed their ass off and uploaded it.

I somehow doubt that if the pilot made it back to Russian lines, they allowed him to keep that recording device (without checking) and he was on top of that dumb enough to upload it.

If you're a Russian pilot and get captured by Ukraine isn't that the best case scenario?

Notorious Russian propagandist wargonzo has had an accident with a Russian antipersonnel mine.

https://twitter.com/mhmck/status/158...p1m7_cbKXRfmxQ

Foot wound by the looks of it but he'll be out of action for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Going to take a wild guess and say that Ukrainian forces captured the pilot, took the device he was filming with, laughed their ass off and uploaded it.

I somehow doubt that if the pilot made it back to Russian lines, they allowed him to keep that recording device (without checking) and he was on top of that dumb enough to upload it.
    You'd think so, but the gross incompetence showcased by the Russian army so far means I could potentially believe such a series of event could happen.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

But not even the russian military is incompetent enough to allow this free intel/propaganda for the enemy. Not that i'd think russian soldiers wouldn't be careless enough.
    Haha. Ohh my sweet summer child.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Ok, so hear me out as I'm a bit confused here.

So Zelensky says he has information that russia intends to blow the Nova Kharkova dam, which is not unfounded given that the russians made claims that they thought Ukraine would do that. HOWEVER, if they do then they are ALSO blowing up the Crimean water supply, at which point they might as well surrender Crimea, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia as they have no longer the same or any real value for russia, or am I missing something? (apart from russia being a twat and spiteful.)
    No it absolutely makes sense because they don't care about the people affected AND they are going to claim Ukraine did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So you support terrorism then?
    How is it terrorism when they are at war?

That bridge was a legitimate target.
    Last edited by diller; 2022-10-24 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    How is it terrorism when they are at war?

That bridge was a legitimate target.
    Indeed. Disrupting enemy logistics is a valid target. Not to mention that the bridge was built on occupied Ukraine, and only serves to connect Crimea to Russia. It's almost stupid not to blow it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?