Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Would have no problem with a "known world" thing where there is a ton of unexplored space in the world, even if they had to retcon some stuff to make it happen. Would take that over another trip to a different planet / world any day.
    There is a ton of unexplored space in the world when you actually pay attention to how big various places are in lore. Nobody has any clue what's west of Kalimdor and east of EK, the central ocean also still has a lot of empty spaces etc.

That the map looks full doesn't mean anything since that map isn't even remotely accurate to actual scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Blizzard limiting future content because a random asset of a globe from 10+ years showing nothing but ocean for the other side of the world is so idiotic that I can't believe that people actually want that to happen.
    It's also stupid in that when they created an opportunity for us to see the world from above, they added extensive cloud cover over the entire other side of Azeroth. There could be a Kalimdor-sized continent under those clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That wouldn't make much sense. Odyn wants us to prove ourselves (over and over) during Legion. That's when we show him the strength of mortals.

Gameplay wise it would also be the third time we fight him in an instance without killing him. Pretty stale if you ask me.
    Personally I would much rather we not fight him but have a plotline where he refuses the aid of the inferior dragon Aspects and puny mortals, goes to war against some antagonistic force with his Valarjar and gets curbstomped. Raidfight where we come to his rescue and fend off enemy forces, maybe have the dragon Aspects personally save his life etc and he finally has to admit we aren't worthy of his scorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's also stupid in that when they created an opportunity for us to see the world from above, they added extensive cloud cover over the entire other side of Azeroth. There could be a Kalimdor-sized continent under those clouds.
    To be fair, with Danuser's usual standard of quality, it would presumably be his Ohsee Kalidamar, which is absolutely not Kalimdor but is older than it and is the reaaal homeland of the Night Elves and Kalimdor was actually the inferior knockoff of the real one.

Is there a bug with pet bars on the beta? can't see mine on my hunter or my warlock. I've checked on the edit mode and they're switched on
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Didn't the devs say we would see the return of the Stormheim Storm Drakes? AFAIK they aren't in DF leveling, which is odd as the main villain is a storm protodrake.

Considering they are building up Odyn again, maybe they will show up together?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Didn't the devs say we would see the return of the Stormheim Storm Drakes? AFAIK they aren't in DF leveling, which is odd as the main villain is a storm protodrake.

I think they did say we might see other dragon types but not specifically the storm drakes (I've been suggesting that especially given Golganneth did not bless any flight). Seen almost no indication they are doing that though so maybe they just meant the protodrakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they did say we might see other dragon types but not specifically the storm drakes (I've been suggesting that especially given Golganneth did not bless any flight). Seen almost no indication they are doing that though so maybe they just meant the protodrakes.
    I thought it was weird how different the DF elementals and element aesthetics (purple lightning, ice) are compared to the Cata and Classic elementals, but I remembered that they are very specific beings that were placed in prisons where they developed their own cultures. The Firelands are not a natural place, and I doubt the land of raw fire has a castle and dukes.

Compared to them, the big purple lightnings and frost monsters are probably natural elements that have no Azeroth/Titan specific connection. And the Legion Stormdrakes match Razageth much more than Skywall and Alakir, so maybe they come from the same place?

I think the natural origin of elements is the Lifelands, so we may take a little trip...
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-10-23 at 05:05 PM.

I think the natural origin of elements is the Lifelands, so we may take a little trip...
    all things are alive, including rocks & bodies of water
    if they're alive, that means they can also die
    rocks are judged by the arbiter

Actually, fuck this.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They didn't announced any last minute changes to Threads of Fate, right? It stays at it was in pre-patch?

If Avaloren is the area that is Light themed, maybe there will be a Void themed continent like BFA?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Avaloren is the area that is Light themed, maybe there will be a Void themed continent like BFA?
    Its probably NOT that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Their is a little mountain cave in Thaldraszus filled with Storm Dragons. IDK if theirs any quest involvement with them though, been avoiding questing on the beta, plus I don't think any end game quest lines have been on beta at all.

No reason to suspect that

I'd have to go over the thing talking about it but it sounded like they were trying to either attack or explore the area

If it is the first one then chances are it's the stronghold of the old hod known as Xal'atath (seriously its not even a surprise)

If it's explore then it might be linked to the rot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Is there a bug with pet bars on the beta? can't see mine on my hunter or my warlock. I've checked on the edit mode and they're switched on
    If you have it switched on you should see it in edit
    I'd disable all then check

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treegdar View Post
    Their is a little mountain cave in Thaldraszus filled with Storm Dragons. IDK if theirs any quest involvement with them though, been avoiding questing on the beta, plus I don't think any end game quest lines have been on beta at all.
    Speaking about other drake types - are there even wild versions of the wylder- and velocidrakes on the isles? It felt super weird to just get them as random quest rewards without any story connection or backstory on them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They didn't announced any last minute changes to Threads of Fate, right? It stays at it was in pre-patch?
    If you mean SL Threads of Fate, i don't think there were ever plans to change them?
    So you should still be able to level with either method

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    SL will stay the same. You will also be able to use Chromie Time for the 50-60 stretch though. DF, instead of Threads of Fate simply open up world quests from the start for your alts, lets you pick up the campaign story for any zone you want to do first and even opens up the weekly quest (get 3000 rep across Renown factions & do a specific type of event) so by the time you hit 70 your probably just need to complete the event (some of them you won't really be able to complete below 70 like the Siege of Draconwhatever Keep)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Arthas is the dark take on Arthur. Prince gets a magical sword and brings his country to ruin.
    I'd rather they go full bore with it, like the Titan Keepers just being straight up Norse mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I'd rather they go full bore with it, like the Titan Keepers just being straight up Norse mythology.
    I don't remember a Norse god named Ra. Not to mention that while Odyn and co are clearly based on the Norse gods, they aren't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Well not all of them but most. Ra and Archaedas are the exception.