Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I only use DBM, some weak auras for specific raid bosses and recount anyway.

Its nice that they are adding some functionality, but addons remains fully superior. Stuff like elvui and weakauras alone is irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    One of the greatest features, to me, is the ability to finally customize my UI the way I want without any additional addons. Granted, I am skeptical it will do everything I wanna do, but I will give it a fair shot. I plan on leveling a new character from 1 to max and see how the UI holds up during that process. I am also curious how proccs, buffs etc. are handled and if I can change how they are presented to me, that's a key aspect to me. Anyone else looking forward to "no addons" WoW?

I will most likely use a DPS addon for raiding or m+, but that is just information, and no real impact on the UI itself.
    No addons? lolol no...

but i am finally dropping Elvui, since the new UI basically replaces it, not entirely, but good enough. although its gunna take getting used to... may still need to get some more addons that are lighter weight like ones to make the minimap square, move the microbar/bag bar. add currencies to the base ui, etc.

One of the greatest features, to me, is the ability to finally customize my UI the way I want without any additional addons. Granted, I am skeptical it will do everything I wanna do, but I will give it a fair shot. I plan on leveling a new character from 1 to max and see how the UI holds up during that process. I am also curious how proccs, buffs etc. are handled and if I can change how they are presented to me, that's a key aspect to me. Anyone else looking forward to "no addons" WoW?

I will most likely use a DPS addon for raiding or m+, but that is just information, and no real impact on the UI itself.
    I normally play without any addons. And most of the ones i used were implemented as ui elements. Barring an auction house or dps meter.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Its nice that they are adding some functionality, but addons remains fully superior. Stuff like elvui and weakauras alone is irreplaceable.
    nah as long time elvui user, fully replaceable now, of course you lose some things, but they... dont really matter much.
    plus elvui uses up so much CPU, so even if you just use mostly default, and then grab a couple light weight ones that add a bit of extra customization, it is far better.

I probably won't ditch ALL my addons, but I can see a few being retired since the new UI does equally well enough to replace them.

Among the UI mods I use, I could see retiring Move Talking Head, Skillet, Perl Classic Unit Frames and eCastingBar. I'm not sure I can give up Bartender4 or Bagnon since they have functionality that the new UI just doesn't have. That said, I could play comfortably using the new UI if Bartender4 and/or Bagnon were unavailable.

I'm not a fan of the new minimap, and it doesn't seem to have much in the may of options to it, so I'll probably stick with using Sexymap (assuming its available). I also won't give up using LunarSphere so long as it works, but I can use Bartender4 or the new UI to make an extremely inferior replacement if LunarSphere is unavailable.

Most of my other addons do things the UI overhaul just doesn't really touch on (like BetterWardrobe&Transmog, DeleteManaGem, Classic Quest Log) or have functionality that overlaps somewhat with the new UI but has functions the new UI doesn't have or that the mods do better (like CT Mod, Clique, etc).

i will still have two addons being details and WA (details to look at scaling as i play my zookeeper monk)

We will see. I use a lot of add-ons, sort of, pretty much all of them are doing very specific things.
    I'll still have my bag ui because it organizes by item type and not bag, which I can't take the big brick of bags vs 6 individual bag slots. It depends on how customizable a lot of this blizz stuff is, I doubt it will be a replacement for weakauras for certain cooldown tracking, but who knows.

I see no problem doing that. The only thing I use anyway are boss mods and a few weak auras, but even the later is only for certain specs. I won't need boss mods until launch either, so that leaves me with no addon needs. Most addons are just fugly space ship shit UIs that don't belong in an RPG anyway, a working key binding scheme is all I need for the most part.

Edit: I forgot details, that one I will probably have to get again.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I would use the new UI if they had added more bar space but they didn't seem to do that so will still be forced to use Bartender4.

Also, I would rather use the old default UI over the new one because I like the legacy feel of it, the new one is trash.

The new player/enemy/party frames are trash, the minimap is trash, the bag/options ui is trash, it's like a bad ripped ui inspired by Lost Ark or FF14 but literally worse.

It's funny cuz we're forced to use the new UI even if we liked the old one we've had for 17 years more.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-10-25 at 02:26 AM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    Uh..a what?
    Pretty safe to say they mean a damage meter of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I would use the new UI if they had added more bar space but they didn't seem to do that so will still be forced to use Bartender4.

Also, I would rather use the old default UI over the new one because I like the legacy feel of it, the new one is trash.

The new player/enemy/party frames are trash, the minimap is trash, the bag/options ui is trash, it's like a bad ripped ui inspired by Lost Ark or FF14 but literally worse.

It's funny cuz we're forced to use the new UI even if we liked the old one we've had for 17 years more.
    What specifically don't you like? "I don't like it" is a perfectly acceptable comment, just wondering what about the things you mentioned don't you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Pretty safe to say they mean a damage meter of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

What specifically don't you like? "I don't like it" is a perfectly acceptable comment, just wondering what about the things you mentioned don't you like?
    I don't think that something good needs change. We've all had the ability to setup our own UIs for ages and it's never been a problem. One of the things I really dislike is how the LFG eye is now placed down by the bagspace instead of on the minimap it's just counter-intuitive XD
    It would be less of an issue if we'd be allowed to "Edit Mode" move that eye but it's not possible.

The new UI doesn't have enough control to justify it's existence, it's like an addon we've all used b4 but it has way less functionality and freedom. If I was to design the WoW UI I would add some functions.

-Option to use the old default ui or modern ui.
    -Expanded functionality in the edit mode to cover ALL aspects of the new ui.
    -More bar space if desired to make bars addons obselete.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-10-25 at 03:35 AM.

I always played with minimum addons. I like the sense of control and only to modify when required(damage meters are good example, DBM or Weak Auras).

These changes are really exciting.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-25 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Reading these last 3 pages is like an eye opener. I didn't realize so many people are dependant on addons.
    If I'm not auto summoning a new battlepet every 5 minutes am I even playing?

I don't think that something good needs change. We've all had the ability to setup our own UIs for ages and it's never been a problem. One of the things I really dislike is how the LFG eye is now placed down by the bagspace instead of on the minimap it's just counter-intuitive XD
    It would be less of an issue if we'd be allowed to "Edit Mode" move that eye but it's not possible.

The new UI doesn't have enough control to justify it's existence, it's like an addon we've all used b4 but it has way less functionality and freedom. If I was to design the WoW UI I would add some functions.

-Option to use the old default ui or modern ui.
    -Expanded functionality in the edit mode to cover ALL aspects of the new ui.
    -More bar space if desired to make bars addons obselete.
    How about this - they took the a step in the right direction. I really do expect that the UI will be changed over time with ongoing feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    How about this - they took the a step in the right direction. I really do expect that the UI will be changed over time with ongoing feedback.
    I do hope so but I'm paranoid and I think they're intent on ripping these things out at the root. I'm sure some addon creators will come along to restore the former glory of WoW.

I don't think that something good needs change. We've all had the ability to setup our own UIs for ages and it's never been a problem..
    Well then, i have AMAZING news for you - nothing has changed, that's still an option. They have simply put themselves into a middle ground between the old one and a fully modded ui, for those who dont want to use addons, but wanted a bit more control.

- - - Updated - - -

I do hope so but I'm paranoid and I think they're intent on ripping these things out at the root. I'm sure some addon creators will come along to restore the former glory of WoW.
    Former glory? The ui is one of the most disliked features of the game, and one of the most complained about - it would be by FAR the most hated feature, if not for addons. This is a prime example of damned if they do, damned if they dont.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-10-25 at 05:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I expect that once they decide that their UI revamp project is done they won't touch the UI anymore except occasionally adding a sliver of the functionality of some popular addon, aka what they have done since vanilla.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    DBM and Skada are mainstays for me, but I rarely use much else and if I do it's not til well after launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna start it clean and setup all addons new.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.