Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    your opinion =/= objective... please stop using that word when you have no idea what it means. And again, if you really think more original areas instead of "OMG TINKER INSERT WE NEED GADGETZAN!!!!!!" that Teriz keeps spouting will utterly destroy wow, that's really more of a you problem than an "objective" fact.
    Foul. Logical fallacy. False dichotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Foul. Logical fallacy. False dichotomy.
    Don't enourage the Tinker liker. You don't need to be a devil's advocate all the time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

so tomorrow expect
    1. broken talent loadout system saying you have too many when you have maybe 1
    2. UI constantly resetting and giving LUA errors
    3. broken addons
    4. wonky scaling in all dungeons
    5. people in trade bitching about where evokers and events are

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    so tomorrow expect
    3. broken addons
    Hit the nail on the head lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like addons being outdated but..... well the people raging about it..well it'll happen better get used to it. Also You forgot "People bitching about their class being Underpowered" because it will happen and I may possibly fit in that group xD
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Hit the nail on the head lol
    im not even gonna have addons or do anything meaningful until about wed maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't like addons being outdated but..... well the people raging about it..well it'll happen better get used to it. Also You forgot "People bitching about their class being Underpowered" because it will happen and I may possibly fit in that group xD
    they will scream for balancing when in reality blizzard shouldnt balance around level 60 with missing talents

so tomorrow expect
    3. broken addons
    Forget the part where you have constant questions of why they can't go to the Dragon Isles yet? Or wondering where the intro questline is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Complaining about add-ons being broken is always legitimate because it's blizzard fault. Not wanting to go out of their way to support add-ons would be understandable if they did an adequate job with the default UI, and they aren't because they know they can rely on unpaid volunteers to fix their shitty UI for them.

So this time around they broke everything (as usual) and all they have to show for it is a piss poor copy of ffxiv's UI edit mode + merging bags in a single window 15 years after addons did it (hilariously not even enabled by default, way to make life easier for new players)

Blizzard causes the most UI breakage while bringing the least amount of UX efforts. See also: the god awful talent UI.
    Last edited by ClownPrincess; 2022-10-25 at 09:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Forget the part where you have constant questions of why they can't go to the Dragon Isles yet? Or wondering where the intro questline is.
    And that with experienced players.

Newcomer chat is gonna be interesting.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Complaining about add-ons being broken is always legitimate because it's blizzard fault. Not wanting to go out of their way to support add-ons would be understandable if they did an adequate job with the default UI, and they aren't because they know they can rely on unpaid volunteers to fix their shitty UI for them.

So this time around they broke everything (as usual) and all they have to show for it is a piss poor copy of ffxiv's UI edit mode + merging bags in a single window 15 years after addons did it (hilariously not even enabled by default, way to make life easier for new players)

Blizzard causes the most UI breakage while bringing the least amount of UX efforts. See also: the god awful talent UI.
    You're pretty much asking for mutually exclusive things here. To change the UI, they need to rewrite the code. Doing so will break addons. What would have been considered good design 15 years ago isn't today, and there are functions that did (not) exist back then that now have to be accomodated differently.

You're also assuming your personal preference re: bags is "easier" for no real reason. Some people actually prefer having them seperate and use different bags for different purposes.

Broken addons are an inevitable consequence of ongoing game development.

Besides, Blizzard is going out of their way to support them. FFXIV is what not supporting them looks like.

Name checks out

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're pretty much asking for mutually exclusive things here. To change the UI, they need to rewrite the code. Doing so will break addons. What would have been considered good design 15 years ago isn't today, and there are functions that did (not) exist back then that now have to be accomodated differently.
    I know it"s mutually exclusive. I wasn't clear enough so let me restate my point: either you break things and make it worth it by making a really good UI, or you count on the community to fix your bad UX for free and the least you could do is to actively support them (by, among other things, avoiding breaking things more than necessary).

Besides, Blizzard is going out of their way to support them. FFXIV is what not supporting them looks like.
    Yeah, and the result is good. If blizzard decided to stop supporting add-ons but brought wow's default UI to the same quality level as FFXIV I'd be fine with it.

Whatever they're doing currently is half assed: half assed "support" (closer to apathy, really, than "going out of their way") of add-ons, and half assed work on the default UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit i could be wrong and it's just personal taste, but i was never all that enthused by the Shadowlands, and constantly found myself wondering what it would have been like to have less out there ideas constantly.
    Everything looked fantastic, but it could have appeared in any fantasy game. It was soulless and vapid. Detached from that which first connected us to the setting.

I know it"s mutually exclusive. I wasn't clear enough so let me restate my point: either you break things and make it worth it by making a really good UI, or you count on the community to fix your bad UX for free and the least you could do is to actively support them (by, among other things, avoiding breaking things more than necessary).

Yeah, and the result is good. If blizzard decided to stop supporting add-ons but brought wow's default UI to the same quality level as FFXIV I'd be fine with it.

Whatever they're doing currently is half assed: half assed "support" (closer to apathy, really, than "going out of their way") of add-ons, and half assed work on the default UI.
    That sounds a lot more like you're either giving FFXIV undue credit or WoW not enough. Is the WoW UI perfect? No, of course not. Is it terrible? Far from it.

Could FFXIV's UI be better if they allowed Addons? Quite likely.

Does allowing and enabling addons like Blizzard does take quite a bit of work? Yes, most certainly. Your "half-assed" support may well have taken more work to implement than FFXIV's "great" UI.

FFXIV is customizable, but other than that, it is terrible.

It's submenus, hidden within submenus, that all have confusing names, confusing icons and you got so many different things in different tabs when they should logically be under the same menu point.

I believed you needed a lvl55 toon to make a dk on classic and get the mount

Was just informed I was wrong and will now be doing that while people freak out over broken prepatch

As they already said back in TBC: "Never play on patch day"

I believed you needed a lvl55 toon to make a dk on classic and get the mount

Was just informed I was wrong and will now be doing that while people freak out over broken prepatch
    Yup. Create AND complete the intro on a Death Knight created on the WotLK Classic server. Has to be done before Dragonflight launches November 28th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    That hasnt really been true since WoD though. Legion might have been a tad shaky given the sheer volume of players, but BfA and SL didnt have too many issues with loads of players the first day.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That hasnt really been true since WoD though. Legion might have been a tad shaky given the sheer volume of players, but BfA and SL didnt have too many issues with loads of players the first day.
    There still have been the occassional kinks in the code, though. And given the sheer scope of the talent changes, there's bound to be something that broke.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Correction: never play on patch day in US. On EU very often patches were playable as early as 6-7 AM, I don't expect it for prepatch but for sure US downtime will be waaaaay longer.