Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There still have been the occassional kinks in the code, though. And given the sheer scope of the talent changes, there's bound to be something that broke.
    Probably. But unlike in WoD or before I don't think the downsides of playing on launch day really outweighs the benefits to really appreciating the new expansion as it comes out.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Probably. But unlike in WoD or before I don't think the downsides of playing on launch day really outweighs the benefits to really appreciating the new expansion as it comes out.
    You are confusing patch day with launch day. Launches are smooth since Legion, prepatches are always filled with bugs first week.

Expansion release days are the best because it's the only time the world is really alive with players* and you get some of the best world pvp at these times. It's worth enduring whatever breakage may happen.

* Didn't really apply to BfA or SL though, did those expansions do anything right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Correction: never play on patch day in US. On EU very often patches were playable as early as 6-7 AM, I don't expect it for prepatch but for sure US downtime will be waaaaay longer.
    Don't know where you get your info from, but no. They say it will be up by 3pm....it will be...and if you're not checking usually earlier than they said.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Don't know where you get your info from, but no. They say it will be up by 3pm....it will be...and if you're not checking usually earlier than they said.
    I think in this topic I can rely on my experience, other people play same game xD. I always check it out of curiosity before work on patch day.

Ok they say it will be up by 3pm.. and what about it? It's estimation, in EU rather in case something go really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Don't enourage the Tinker liker. You don't need to be a devil's advocate all the time.
    I'm far more annoyed with rampant use of false dichotomies than with the Tinker Leaker. The latter is tolerable, the former is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sadly this will make people whine even more.
    It honestly can’t get worse, but then if people can’t think for themselves and decide what’s best for themselves then I’d like to hope they’d stop playing.

Cookie cutter builds were really the worst, because you had zero wiggle room to play your class how you wanted if you wanted to raid etc. so I’m honestly glad there’s too many combinations these crappy websites can’t determine what’s “best”.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'm far more annoyed with rampant use of false dichotomies than with the Tinker Leaker. The latter is tolerable, the former is not.
    Or with people who engage him and create 10-20 pages of pedantry while "arguing" everything sentence to sentence.

10+ Year Old Account

A bit of music, maybe Valdrakken music

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We're prolly going to explore the other realms...
    If we do, Blizzard better execute it right this time rather than ruining what makes the Light the Light or ruining what makes the Void the Void. Hell, we're probably gearing up to visit the plane of the Arcane with all of the Titan stuff going on in DF, and the cynic in me tells me that it's going to be botched just like the plane of Death was. No leadup, no foreshadowing, no lore justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

A bit of music, maybe Valdrakken music
    The words "Return to Azeroth" strike strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or with people who engage him and create 10-20 pages of pedantry while "arguing" everything sentence to sentence.
    It is odd how quickly people engage with people they know are irrational and unwilling to debate in good faith. I used to have that problem, but I'd figure most would grow out of it quickly as I did.

th people they know are irrational and unwilling to debate in good faith. I used to have that problem, but I'd figure most would grow out of it quickly as I did.
    "Somebody is wrong in the internet!"
    Like I get it when someone is spreading misinformation on a social or political issue that you feel the need to at least present the facts. But just because someone has a poorly expressed opinion on a game . . .

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It is odd how quickly people engage with people they know are irrational and unwilling to debate in good faith. I used to have that problem, but I'd figure most would grow out of it quickly as I did.
    I think you're a bit more confident in yourself than is warranted there. And while debating them is unlikely to change their mind, it is rarely wise to leave their claims unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you're a bit more confident in yourself than is warranted there. And while debating them is unlikely to change their mind, it is rarely wise to leave their claims unchallenged.
    Of course, I leave no claims that are really dangerous or constitute a material problem unchallenged, thus my pointing out the false dichotomy. Bad opinions on irrelevant crap don't cause problems, faulty logic in any capacity does.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty nice. Though it really does make me crave a proper time travel patch where we get to actually see Galakrond in-game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Is it really necessary to bring up Knaak's "stories"? His nonsensical "Dawn of the Aspects" should have been retconned a long time ago.

Fantastic art tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wish it included something we didn't already know.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wish it included something we didn't already know.
    Let's not expect groundbreaking stuff from first episode. Also, it was done for a players who don't know all of this as an entry to DF story.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pretty nice. Though it really does make me crave a proper time travel patch where we get to actually see Galakrond in-game.
    It's not unlikely. There's definitely a certain buildup to Galakrond. Not sure if it'll be in the capacity of resurrection or time-travel, but I have a feeling we'll get a look at him. At the very least, there will probably be a sort of "nu-Galakrond" made from some villainous dragon who delves too deep.