Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    That.. certainly was an animatic thingy.

I miss Nozdormu's Martin Sheen voice.

And really, we're going with an ancient enemy once more. Is it Old Gods AGAIN? Maybe at the very least we can get a resurrected Galakrond as the big bad?
    Given that apparently the remains were taken from dragonflight, it's all but confirmed.

Warlords of Draenor was better.

Watching the usual suspects losing their shit on twitter as if it was an amazing video was hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's is purposefully 'boring'.
    There are many defenses I've heard over the years "It is purposefully boring" certainly is one of them.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    New Nozdormu voice was alright. Didnt like the old one much.
    But its very annoying that WoW has basically one female voice actor now doing all the female voices and its not that pleasant of a voice.
    What? they have tons of female voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's not a minor change. The Old Gods had NOTHING to do with Galakrond originally. So if they're writing in the Old Gods for DR, that's a huge retcon. Originally he became corrupted by necromancy and the fact that he was cannibalizing other protodragons then turning them into undead thrall.
    He was already eating other dragons at that point, and the reason why he suddenly became cannibalistic was never explained. It sounds like all they've done is give a reason why he started becoming a cannibal. That's not a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Galakrond as a boss confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

I think he means this chapter was more just to set the stage for the upcoming chapters, which is traditionally a bit more boring than its predecessors by comparison.
    arent his bones sitting the middle of dragonblight? north of wyrmrest? I mean the area is called galakrond's rest but maybe i just dont know the lore well enough >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Mediocre. Still insistent on story drip-feeding.
    Do you honestly think the first part of a five-part series not including every single detail is ‘story drip feeding’? Are you seriously so disconnected from storytelling that you demand, what, a wikipedia summary of lore?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    holy ... this is such bad quality . you can see how rushed it was - even graphic team suffered this time around feel sorry for those guys as this is such subpar quality compared to those in past.
    Lol what??? It's a new director and artist
    It being different doesn't mean rushed

I've seen in the comments people complaining about that there's nothing new here. While it's true, I think that these kind of videos don't have to be all about new things lore-wise. There are many new players that might not know (and probably don't know) about the aspects or their origin, so I think it's a good idea to start the first chapter with the basics to hype them also and give them a few amount of info.

Personally I liked the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    arent his bones sitting the middle of dragonblight? north of wyrmrest? I mean the area is called galakrond's rest but maybe i just dont know the lore well enough >.<
    You're right, but from what someone was saying the bones are gone now or something? Anyone in beta able to clarify?

It's not a minor change. The Old Gods had NOTHING to do with Galakrond originally. So if they're writing in the Old Gods for DR, that's a huge retcon. Originally he became corrupted by necromancy and the fact that he was cannibalizing other protodragons then turning them into undead thrall. This is something the Aspects knew as well seeing as how they defeated him so it's not "The Titans lied" BS. It's a really fucking egregious retcon. But it's clear Blizzard can't write new stories without dramatically altering past lore. Just look at how ridiculous the retcons were for SL.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean....the entirety of Shadowlands was one giant retcon of established lore.
    No it wasn't.

Now go out adventurer and collect me seven bear claws and pig asses.

5+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr is extra boring thing, still hope to see some new types of actual dragons - but my hope meter not that big.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It's not a minor change. The Old Gods had NOTHING to do with Galakrond originally. So if they're writing in the Old Gods for DR, that's a huge retcon. Originally he became corrupted by necromancy and the fact that he was cannibalizing other protodragons then turning them into undead thrall. This is something the Aspects knew as well seeing as how they defeated him so it's not "The Titans lied" BS. It's a really fucking egregious retcon. But it's clear Blizzard can't write new stories without dramatically altering past lore. Just look at how ridiculous the retcons were for SL.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean....the entirety of Shadowlands was one giant retcon of established lore.
    I'm not that deep into the lore but it yes, it's a retcon. Previously it was unknown why Galakrond grew that big and why the dragons he ate were ressurected as undead. We thought it was necromancy because he ate a dragons, spat them out and they were living again. Tyr tells Loken that Galakrond drank water infested with yogg saron's blood which made him grew bigger and corrupted him and the dragons he ate and spat out weren't living again because of necromancy but because of old god infestation. So what else was old god infestation instead of necromancy or something else. With their statement that all known history was altered by the titans, everything is up for changing which gives them more freedom but us less stablity. They can always say that it was a lie by the titans or it was actually old gods or some other cosmic force.

What I fear is that they can't pull off what they've planed. The best villian is the one you can understand it's motive and agree to some extent. They tried that with Sylvanas in BFA and in Shadowlands with the Jailer and failed. Now they try it somewhat with Razageth with some pointers that maybe we're the bad guys and the titans are as bad as the old gods, just a different flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I'm not that deep into the lore but it yes, it's a retcon. Previously it was unknown why Galakrond grew that big and why the dragons he ate were ressurected as undead. We thought it was necromancy because he ate a dragons, spat them out and they were living again.
    They were barely sentient, he wouldn't somehow have learned necromancy. Dragons at that period, even the proto-aspects were more concerned with food and mating.

Tyr tells Loken that Galakrond drank water infested with yogg saron's blood which made him grew bigger and corrupted him and the dragons he ate and spat out weren't living again because of necromancy but because of old god infestation. So what else was old god infestation instead of necromancy or something else. With their statement that all known history was altered by the titans.
    Again, the dragons at that point had no skill over magic. How would they tell the difference between something becoming undead because of necromancy, and something coming back to life from old god corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I'm not that deep into the lore but it yes, it's a retcon. Previously it was unknown why Galakrond grew that big and why the dragons he ate were ressurected as undead. We thought it was necromancy because he ate a dragons, spat them out and they were living again. Tyr tells Loken that Galakrond drank water infested with yogg saron's blood which made him grew bigger and corrupted him and the dragons he ate and spat out weren't living again because of necromancy but because of old god infestation. So what else was old god infestation instead of necromancy or something else. With their statement that all known history was altered by the titans, everything is up for changing which gives them more freedom but us less stablity. They can always say that it was a lie by the titans or it was actually old gods or some other cosmic force.

What I fear is that they can't pull off what they've planed. The best villian is the one you can understand it's motive and agree to some extent. They tried that with Sylvanas in BFA and in Shadowlands with the Jailer and failed. Now they try it somewhat with Razageth with some pointers that maybe we're the bad guys and the titans are as bad as the old gods, just a different flavor.
    It was NOT unknown. The story of Galakrond and the Aspects is literally explained in the Dawn of the Aspects.So all that yogg-saron BS is just another stupid retcon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Yes it absolutely was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They were barely sentient, he wouldn't somehow have learned necromancy. Dragons at that period, even the proto-aspects were more concerned with food and mating.

Again, the dragons at that point had no skill over magic. How would they tell the difference between something becoming undead because of necromancy, and something coming back to life from old god corruption?
    Old Gods aren't capable of necromancy. They're literally physical manifestations of Void magic, not Death magic.

Like I said, people need to accept that they're rewriting the entire story. It's been happening since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Boring.

It just retold what was already known, without adding any depth to it.
    Nevermind that i also dislike when they change the VA of characters, the previous VA Nozdormu was a lot more unique, this one sounded like a generic [ancient guide].
    Yeah that was the hole point, he was informing the dracthyr of the past not the viewers.

New Nozdormu voice is much better. Never liked the old one.

The animation is ok. Nothing spectacular but it was a good watch.

It was NOT unknown. The story of Galakrond and the Aspects is literally explained in the Dawn of the Aspects.So all that yogg-saron BS is just another stupid retcon
    It was told from the perspective of the Aspects, who had no idea what caused him to turn cannibal. It was never said.

Old Gods aren't capable of necromancy. They're literally physical manifestations of Void magic, not Death magic.
    And do you think the barely sentient proto-dragons are really the most reliable to tell the difference between Old God corruption and Undeath? I mean hell, look at what happened to Galakrond.

"As he continued to consume the life-energies of his fellow proto-dragons, Galakrond grew hideous mutations all over his body (such as limbs and even eyes) "

That sounds pretty Old God to me. Deathwing grew extra limbs/tentacles, Cho'Gall grew extra eyes...