Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The BMAH is designed for boosters to cash out much like selling blizzard game keys. It's for people rocking over 60million gold from selling carries all expansion.

It's really just best to ignore it if your not one of them.
    I believe the term you should be using is "gold sink" it is not designed for boosters specifically, it is designed to be what it is, a gold sink, an exclusive auction house with items not common to see on the market. Unless all gold sinks now in your book is designed for boosters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I know it's old, but there's no equivalent thread in recent times: this is one of the worst wastes I've ever seen:

https://i.imgur.com/3ofU7Ll.png

Would need to zoom in because they're 3 screens atop of each other, but someone bid 600k on bananas, a single bid, now that it's worthless, and then I showed the AH price on that realm and the max eu price, which is still no less than 35 times cheaper!
    Looks more like a bidding way that had gotten out of hand. Gold sinks for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I saw someone win the swift white hawkstrider a couple days ago go for over 2 million. I personally have seen it drop about 4 times, between Timewalking and farming it when it was current content.
    Mate, some people still farm it since day one, and no drops. If I could buy Invincible for 2 million gold, I would do so right away with how crap my luck is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I believe the term you should be using is "gold sink" it is not designed for boosters specifically, it is designed to be what it is, a gold sink, an exclusive auction house with items not common to see on the market. Unless all gold sinks now in your book is designed for boosters?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, some people still farm it since day one, and no drops. If I could buy Invincible for 2 million gold, I would do so right away with how crap my luck is.
    Most are designed for boosters.

You can argue they are for people playing the ah. That is a much smaller crowd though.

The gold sinks designed for normal players are usually items found on vendors.

There should never be junk items (e.g., old MoP PvP trinkets, pets you can buy sometimes cheaper on the AH) neither listed in the BMAH or inside of the mystery boxes. The BMAH should have 8-10 items every refresh, and always the sought-after ones.

I also think they should let Tier 3 show up as ensembles, so that a player with the gold can just get the set instead of spending weeks (or months) constantly checking (and hoping) for the right pieces to show up.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-10-25 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    There should never be junk items (e.g., old MoP PvP trinkets, pets you can buy sometimes cheaper on the AH) neither listed in the BMAH or inside of the mystery boxes. The BMAH should have 8-10 items every refresh, and always the sought-after ones.

I also think they should let Tier 3 show up as ensembles, so that a player with the gold can just get the set instead of spending weeks (or months) constantly checking (and hoping) for the right pieces to show up.
    1000% this. Im one of those people who could afford BMAH items, but its too much work to get any + I play on high pop.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That brings back an old memory. One morning I had seen Invisible on the BMAH and as I was typing in my bid and hit enter someone else must have bid the max and beat me to the punch. This after farming it on 5 toons every lockout for years. Two weeks later it finally dropped. Was so happy someone else beat me to that max gold bid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    That brings back an old memory. One morning I had seen Invisible on the BMAH and as I was typing in my bid and hit enter someone else must have bid the max and beat me to the punch. This after farming it on 5 toons every lockout for years. Two weeks later it finally dropped. Was so happy someone else beat me to that max gold bid.
    Lucky you, I'm still working hard on it, haha
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    How did you see it?

Few weeks ago someone put gold cap 9.999.999 on Fiery warhorse from old Kara raid.. like wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    How did you see it?
    I don't see what you did here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Few weeks ago someone put gold cap 9.999.999 on Fiery warhorse from old Kara raid.. like wtf.
    HOLY HELL.. How could they not main/multiple alts park there and farm it weekly? What's so hard about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    How did you see it?
    I couldn't see it but that person I met this one time assured me it was most definably -possibly there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    HOLY HELL.. How could they not main/multiple alts park there and farm it weekly? What's so hard about it?
    Many people don't realize how much disposable gold some people actually have and also how far some people are willing to go for a specific mount.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Even before people were gifted a free "Bananas," I never saw it's appeal. It wasn't unique, because a B/B Baby Ape from Stranglethorn Vale was 100% identical in stats and ability selections.

Its possible the person has more money than knowledge and doesnt know the mount's easy to get.

the only thing I'm willing to pay for there is the t3 set

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Its possible the person has more money than knowledge and doesnt know the mount's easy to get.
    Could be a time equation to. If you play one character and it takes.... let's say 15mins to get the mount ( will include travel time for dungeon mounts to equalize it with raids.)

Let's also assume you have average luck and get it in a 100 runs.

That's 1500 minutes. Its usually quicker for a booster to earn a million gold in 1500 minutes then grind the mount and that isnt counting lockout times that could push some mounts into multiyear endeavors for people only playing one character.

If one of these whales would like to get rid of some gold, I wouldn't say no to a gifted Dragonflight!

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Could be a time equation to. If you play one character and it takes.... let's say 15mins to get the mount ( will include travel time for dungeon mounts to equalize it with raids.)

Let's also assume you have average luck and get it in a 100 runs.

That's 1500 minutes. Its usually quicker for a booster to earn a million gold in 1500 minutes then grind the mount and that isnt counting lockout times that could push some mounts into multiyear endeavors for people only playing one character.
    Could even be a combo.

Someone who joined say, 5 years ago probably isnt familiar with a mount from Wrath. Sees it on BMAH. Looks up how to get it, sees they have to do a bunch of achieves in old content the might not have done before and dont know how soloable it is. Feels to lazy about it, and just buys it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post

Who bids 135k on a meta achievement drake that takes 30 minutes to solo? Area 52 Horde btw....
    Please, share your either dumb bids or crazy bids...
    A lot of people have gold to burn. 135k would mean nothing to people who could probably afford 3 brutosaurs in BFA

minor correction of misconception on boosting income:

booster dont earn big, but r the middle class of WoWs economy. their cut is 15-18% M+, less on raids, minus the advertisers fee. +15 is 100k EU rn, 15 - 18k / ca. 30min. since probably major demand is single run for weekly, combo packages like 1/2 KSM/KSH 8x30min rnt common, an estimation of ca. 30-35k/h seems fitting.

ofc this salary is end of xpac, but usually prices drop within 2-4 swift weeks each release, cuz 400-700k +15 exlusively sell for rare conditions.

Legendary market SL release netted ca. 50m for cancelscanners (see diverse threads /r/wow-economy) in the first month, also BoE and mat flipping etc.

but these r highly volatile markets for work-aholics, 24/7 no living cancelscanners babysitting their offers.

there r many, many more convinient market segments, which rnt either volatile nor crowded, as their entrance requirement is investment via daily CDs, dru order hall missions (Blood of Sargeras) etc. - alt armies (wanna sell ur skygolem? how about i undercut drastically with 20? wait, u rlly bought them? thx, i have another 40 for u!)
    darkmoon is 1m/h, cuz mogs via alt army (lvl via DF quests). usually some mogs (darkness leather) will receive more offers and serve the opportunity for some bonus via market regulation - undercut and buy out, as those wont be refreshed until next DF, which further guarantees market control.

also dont underestimate the pet market on low pop servers.