Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mage, rogue, and priest for all races.... but not monk?

What gives? Even if they have to force worgen and goblin monks into Exiles Reach, whats the holdup?

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard always misses the mark
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What gives? Even if they have to force worgen and goblin monks into Exiles Reach, whats the holdup?
    Dunno? Just how they want to do it? A selection at a time to not flush out all their options? They after all have demand for a lot... *sighs* Even Vulpera Demon Hunters..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Which race can't be monk yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Which race can't be monk yet?
    Worgen, Goblin, Lightforged (and dracthyr)

Monks and warlocks are the last two they can do with no new art assets required, so I suspect those two will be the next to come along given they're simple enough

O no the least played class is the game doesn't have access to all the races. THE HORROR. why is this so important?

Monks and Warlocks are really only locked for lore reasons and barely....

At this point the only race where it makes sense they can't be Monks is Lightforged more for their very strict belief system. Acceptance of Pandarian Celestials are probably as hard a pill for them to swallow as them accepting the use of Fel.

Warlocks are obviously a different story all together..the races who can't be them are the races that are the least tolerant of their existance. I feel them spreading would be a minor consequence of a light forged based baddie where the other schools gain more acceptance as light is seen less favorable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Monks and warlocks are the last two they can do with no new art assets required, so I suspect those two will be the next to come along given they're simple enough
    They can’t give warlock to Draenei. It would be the most fucked up lore move ever made. Oh yes the race that left behind their home planet not once but twice because of demons has no chosen to just be friendly with demons after all. The race that literally swore off even communicating with demons muchless using their power.

That said, I expect it to happen in the next year. Shadowlands kinda proved todays Blizzard has no respect for the old lore. Im just cracking up imaging tauren mages and Draenei rogues though. Nothing says master wizard like a tauren!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because those are core classes that has been around since the game launched, and are ones that required no extra work? It's not a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    That said, I expect it to happen in the next year. Shadowlands kinda proved todays Blizzard has no respect for the old lore. Im just cracking up imaging tauren mages and Draenei rogues though. Nothing says master wizard like a tauren!
    I mean is it THAT far fetched?

Tauren have been around mages for years...being friends with Blood Elves, Forsaken, Nightborne and Trolls and you think a couple Taruen don't go "ahh gee that looks neat can y'all teach us"

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Dunno? Just how they want to do it? A selection at a time to not flush out all their options? They after all have demand for a lot... *sighs* Even Vulpera Demon Hunters..
    Their expressed goal (tho a bit obtuse) was that the non-hero classes would all available to every race, except hero-class exclusive ones (meaning Dracthyr)

Shaman, Paladin & Druid require additional racial assets. Warlocks require a lore explaination, though the liberation of demons from Sargeras should be enough. But honestly, Monks should have been included. I don't think Goblins & Worgen are missing any of the special monk animations.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-10-27 at 12:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Warlocks require a lore explaination.
    Zandalari having Monks instead of Warlocks still bugs me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Their expressed goal (tho a bit obtuse) was that the non-hero classes would all available to every race, except hero-class exclusive ones (meaning Dracthyr)

Shaman, Paladin & Druid require additional racial assets. Warlocks require a lore explaination, though the liberation of demons from Sargeras should be enough. But honestly, Monks should have been included. I don't think Goblins & Worgen are missing any of the special monk animations.
    Demons weren't exactly forced into being destructive and chaotic by Sargeras, he just focused their efforts

They can’t give warlock to Draenei. It would be the most fucked up lore move ever made. Oh yes the race that left behind their home planet not once but twice because of demons has no chosen to just be friendly with demons after all. The race that literally swore off even communicating with demons muchless using their power.

I sincerely hope that Draenei Warlocks are at least UNLOCKABLE through a questline explaining them joining the alliance, like a mini allied races or bigger-deal dark ranger skin. Keep them rare, make them possible, yknow?

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Holy fuck I've never even considered Vulpera Demon Hunters before, and now I NEEEEEEED it. Tiny little winged demons with tiny glaives, YES.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't give two shits about the lore when it stands in the way of gameplay. Let people play the race and class combinations they want to play, and if you're an RPer, there's certainly ways to deal with someone playing a race-class combination you don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean is it THAT far fetched?

Tauren have been around mages for years...being friends with Blood Elves, Forsaken, Nightborne and Trolls and you think a couple Taruen don't go "ahh gee that looks neat can y'all teach us"
    Oh yeah totally

But existence doesnt justify commonality

There's a Night Elf Paladin in Legion.

Oh yeah totally

But existence doesnt justify commonality

There's a Night Elf Paladin in Legion.
    No but then again Blood Elves and Forsaken are supposed to be endangered...

Hell racials alone will keep most people from making a Tauren Rogue or Mage and most won't play them past "the memes"

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Holy fuck I've never even considered Vulpera Demon Hunters before, and now I NEEEEEEED it. Tiny little winged demons with tiny glaives, YES.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't give two shits about the lore when it stands in the way of gameplay. Let people play the race and class combinations they want to play, and if you're an RPer, there's certainly ways to deal with someone playing a race-class combination you don't like.
    Totally agree.

Weird combos should be unlockable. It'd add a layer of gameplay instead of taking one away, to achieve the same goal, that noobs dont look at Undead Paladins and think those are normal, thematically significant choices. Draenei hate warlocks, and there needs to be a quest explaining their existence before they're added. Pandaren demon hunters would need a completely seperate starting zone, butpanda death knights got one, so anything goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    This just you telling everyone you don't have much imagination.

There were Sargerai warlocks that invaded draenei society on Draenor in the past. Even Velen's son was turned into a man'ari eredar.

Even if we were still back in BC era, they could just put the class trainer in some secret hovel outside of the Exodar and have them be a pariah or even a traitor. But in the modern game you don't even need to go that far.

Hell, I say throw in a quest for draenei to unlock both krokul and man'ari customization options, along with warlock and demon hunter.