Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Meh, I prefer your cheesy Lich King fanfic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SovietBabeyyy View Post
    People believe in a Big Bang, life, universe from nothing.
    But aliens, ufos not possible!
    I never use the word "impossible."

Another question is why Ufo Whistleblowers need Immunity, to testify about flying rocks, or illusions, and hallucinations.
    What examples are you thinking of? Or is this about the proposed protections?

Whatever they investigated or worked on, it’s nothing natural.
    What examples? Because a lot of it has turned out to be natural. And simply not having an explanation, even if the phenomenon "appears" intelligent, doesn't mean it's not natural.

This is lots of "begging the question" to seemingly try to get the answer you actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Meh, I prefer your cheesy Lich King fanfic thread.
    I am glad that you liked my Lichking invasion thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What examples are you thinking of? Or is this about the proposed protections?

What examples? Because a lot of it has turned out to be natural. And simply not having an explanation, even if the phenomenon "appears" intelligent, doesn't mean it's not natural.

This is lots of "begging the question" to seemingly try to get the answer you actually want.
    Hej.

Ofc many sightings where indeed natural or had a explanation, i talk about the real mysterious objects that since decades had never an explanation.

There are rumors about reverse engineering crashed crafts and deeply hidden research about UFOs.

This Law will grant them Immunity if they come forward and talk about what’s really going on, and we need this protection law otherwise we will never find out or even debunk such stories.

The question is, when it’s natural or something that isn’t extraordinary why they can’t speak about it.

Why all the secrecy about it? There is no need to hide science or knowledge about it, or is there a reason?

Nevermind, the starting date is 1947, the roswell crash supposed to happen. Congress choosed this Year as Day 1.

So when someone worked on that program or has knowledge, they can reveal it when it’s finally live.

And all other Legacy UFO Programs that the public doesn’t know about.

Thats a valid question.

It’s seem verry bizarre this topic doesn’t find any explanation.

Last edited by SovietBabeyyy; 2022-10-26 at 11:35 PM.

Hmf...As I recall posting earlier, our own galaxy is supposed to be over 100k light years across (although I recall current estimates put it closer to 200k), and at least 1k light years thick. There are at least 100 billion galaxies, (and there may be twice that, such are rough estimates)
    And then there's astrogation, or astro-navigation. Left, right, up, down, turn around and do the hokey-pokey because knowing which direction to go can be an issue. All kinds of variables but there is one constant that is useful; everything is moving in one direction, ostensibly from the center point of the Big Bang.
    It certainly wouldn't be of any surprise to me if aliens visited traveling from somewhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    People believe in a Big Bang, life, universe from nothing.

But aliens, ufos not possible!
    Nobody is saying aliens are not possible. Just that there is no evidence to support their existence, other than "universe big = aliens". Which is not all that much. I'm sure some sort of life exists out there. Micro-organisms like bacteria, if nothing else.

And big bang theory is the best theory we've got, so far. Turns out, it's kinda hard to study something like that. And I have a feeling you've not read a single sentence about the theory, seeing how you phrased it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Ofc many sightings where indeed natural or had a explanation, i talk about the real mysterious objects that since decades had never an explanation.
    Not having an explanation, but you consistently push towards, "That means it's aliens!" because you have no other answer and I guess feel like you need one.

There are rumors about reverse engineering crashed crafts and deeply hidden research about UFOs.
    There are rumors of dissected aliens, too. Rumors are just that, rumors.

This Law will grant them Immunity if they come forward and talk about what’s really going on, and we need this protection law otherwise we will never find out or even debunk such stories.
    If anyone would even come forward at all. Realistically, the protections seem to more likely conflict with the needs of keeping classified tech classified, as it's a "UFO/UAP" to everyone who doesn't have the required classification.

The question is, when it’s natural or something that isn’t extraordinary why they can’t speak about it.
    Why can't they? Don't say, "Because the proposed law!"

All kinds of pointless laws are passed and this law doesn't mean that there is actually anyone who wants to or is willing to come forward.

Why all the secrecy about it? There is no need to hide science or knowledge about it, or is there a reason?
    I dunno, national security shit?

Testing out new prototypes that are highly classified? Trying to reverse engineer foreign secrets that are also highly classified? Pretty unexciting stuff, and also arguably some of the most likely reasons.

It’s seem verry bizarre this topic doesn’t find any explanation.
    Lots of topics and things don't have explanations, that's why we investigate them rather than jump to conclusions.

If people saw bioluminescence before they knew what it was they might jump to, "It's magic!" or "It's aliens!" because you don't normally see things that glow organically! You don't see the sand that "lights up" as you step on it because you activate the bioluminescent life in it. Same thing with a lot of deep sea creatures that were once thought to be mythological beasts come to life.

But like, we have the technology to understand and explain how bioluminescence works and consequently these previously wild, unexplained phenomenon are now very explainable and understandable.

Well when it’s classified tech.

1.) than it’s around for 70+ years
    2.) why would they show up at all in places where people can see it? That will raise questions, something that they don’t want when it’s theirs

Tbh it’s not very likely the case.

Rumors are rumors, but it will lead to the immunity.

When it’s theirs they could just admit it behind doors and brief them to prevent the Immunity Protection.

Some rumors are actually more reliable than others.
    The roswell case is especially interesting.

In fact the Roswell Press Conference was shown just trash debris,later before they died they admitted it’s a covered up story the balloon part.

Both independently.

Both admitted later it’s all a lie. The same who where there first when the crash happened.

General ramey told them to do so.

And there is no reason they would at old age living their lifes out to make it up.

And it’s recorded ans it’s on tape

I need to snip that out, and everyone can judge by himself if they are lying.
    Last edited by SovietBabeyyy; 2022-10-27 at 12:03 AM.

I am glad that you liked my Lichking invasion thread.
    I don't like it. I said I preferred it to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I don't like it. I said I preferred it to this one.
    Ohh. I snapp that roswell thing and post it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I kinda fail to see the point in such a whistleblower law. It's very existence makes me more convinced that there are no aliens, rather than that there are.

1) The government knows there are aliens, and wants to keep it a secret.
    2) The government makes a law to protect whistleblowers, who might leak the existence of said aliens.

I can't follow the logic of it at all. It's some sort of feel-good garbage, isn't it?
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-10-27 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's entirely correct to call Earth spherical in shape. It means round, or more or less round. And it is. An apple is spherical, for instance.
    The variances are also tiny. Earth's roundness falls within the tolerances (barely) for a cue ball, if they were the same size. The Earth's rougher and because it's at the limit, it's not a particularly good cue ball, but it's as round as a cue ball could be. It's only very slightly squished.

Sure, it's technically marginally more accurate to say "oblate spheroid", and still more-accurate to call it a "geoid", but I doubt most people who aren't doing post-secondary mathematics or geographical study have even heard of a "geoid". If you're gonna contest calling it a "sphere", you can't replace that with "ellipsoid" and think you're done accounting for morphic variations.

Regardless, I was drawing a distinction between the scientifically understood shape of the earth and bullshit like flat-earther stuff. As should probably have been clear from context. Much like gravity; we might be still working out the finer details of how gravity functions, but that the effect that we call "gravity" exists is not contested.

5+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how discussion went, this is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."