Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    Oh stop the whining, and many of those writing complaints either didn't look into things or asked for things that really aren't needed for a basic UI. The only true request missing is the ability to resize the damn minimap and move the quick menu and the bags. The rest, are all glorious and works great.

I've been able to delete three add-ons because of this UI.

Doesn't matter if Blizzard gives us the full ElvUI feeling, people would still complain a ton. What matters is, we have a new basic UI, and it more or less kicks the ass of the old UI - oh, and then there are people complaining about the UI having been updated in the first place.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think it was an ok effort, but for myself I'll keep using bartender because some features that I absolutely want don't exist. It would've been nice with an "advanced" tab that had further options for individual element resizing, clickthrough and orientation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Reddit is your problem. The vote mechanic creates echochambers. This is why it is important to uphold traditional internet forums.
    Exactly

The vote mechanism of social media is just optimisation of their income disguised as fake democracy

Even though this forum really needs some tech upgrades
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Lol the old: New thing bad, old thing good mentality.

Yeah, the UI is a bit wonky, though afaik it doesn't replace the UI addons people like using. Bartender didn't stop working for me ...Sooooo once again, a nothingburger. The new UI isn't bad at all, and its obviously going to get improvements(duh).

I knew it was when the word "copium" is in the main title.
    You want to bet on that? I hope you are right. It is why I posted. They need to add some features asap.

I'm using that word because it was used at people talking about the new UI lacking in features for some reason. I'm guessing its just a default word for lack of vocabulary.

Calling shitposts that are not shitposts is another version of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Oh stop the whining, and many of those writing complaints either didn't look into things or asked for things that really aren't needed for a basic UI. The only true request missing is the ability to resize the damn minimap and move the quick menu and the bags. The rest, are all glorious and works great.

I've been able to delete three add-ons because of this UI.

Doesn't matter if Blizzard gives us the full ElvUI feeling, people would still complain a ton. What matters is, we have a new basic UI, and it more or less kicks the ass of the old UI - oh, and then there are people complaining about the UI having been updated in the first place.
    See there you go telling me to stop whining. This is why I posted. Why are you telling people to stop whining about making something better? As if you have a right to do that or think its a intelligent way to make a point.

- - - Updated - - -

And what about people that want the shadowlands UI back? Should they shut up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i got rid of co ords, so happy :P /s

i get where you're coming from though op, they should have gone 100% or just not bothered, cuz if it isn't what people want, they won't drop their addons.
    This is such a weird take, given there's literally no way to "go 100%" given that people will always find something to complain about. What they've already done has made the UI infinitely better already, I've dropped a number of addons already because I don't need them with the new UI updates, and from looking at other posts in this thread, it's the same for most other people.

There's always going to be stuff people want different, and that's what those addons are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Then use one of the myriad UI addons. Blizzard default's stuff has basically never been as feature-rich as what you can get through an addon. You're not a big brain smart boi for noticing.
    Never said I was a big brain smart boi. Not sure why you are thinking that.

Anyway, the point is we shouldn't have to use the myriad of UI addons available because THIS was going to replace them. It can if they quickly add other features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    This is such a weird take, given there's literally no way to "go 100%" given that people will always find something to complain about. What they've already done has made the UI infinitely better already, I've dropped a number of addons already because I don't need them with the new UI updates, and from looking at other posts in this thread, it's the same for most other people.

There's always going to be stuff people want different, and that's what those addons are for.
    It isn't a totally weird take as Blizz has had 10+ years to develop their own version of these addons. People literally think in the general pop that this new UI is equal to the ones they are being told it replaced. That is not true.

Yes, good start. The things missing are obvious.

Why do you hear critiques as whining? Is that so you can more easily dismiss the critique?

7+ Year Old Account
    for now i personaly thing it sucks cause you cant resize the map
    you cant move bag icon/button and the menu under it
    you cant blacklist spells in the buffbar
    and a minus for me not animated player icons in the ui
    i also noticed you can easily press the sort button in the new bag ui and fuck up everything which is slightly annoying

You want to bet on that? I hope you are right. It is why I posted. They need to add some features asap.

I'm using that word because it was used at people talking about the new UI lacking in features for some reason. I'm guessing its just a default word for lack of vocabulary.

Calling shitposts that are not shitposts is another version of that.

- - - Updated - - -

See there you go telling me to stop whining. This is why I posted. Why are you telling people to stop whining about making something better? As if you have a right to do that or think its a intelligent way to make a point.

- - - Updated - - -

And what about people that want the shadowlands UI back? Should they shut up to?
    Your post reads like the usual elvui fanboy telling others to stop whining.. And you get angry when someone says the same about you.. Yea I see why elvui fanboys have a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Your post reads like the usual elvui fanboy telling others to stop whining.. And you get angry when someone says the same about you.. Yea I see why elvui fanboys have a bad name.
    The post is about people who told people to stop whining and called it copium and from that improving the new UI. You calling me angry is GL. And ElvUI fanboy, top notch. Thanks for adding zero ideas.

Never said I was a big brain smart boi. Not sure why you are thinking that.

Anyway, the point is we shouldn't have to use the myriad of UI addons available because THIS was going to replace them. It can if they quickly add other features.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't a totally weird take as Blizz has had 10+ years to develop their own version of these addons. People literally think in the general pop that this new UI is equal to the ones they are being told it replaced. That is not true.

Yes, good start. The things missing are obvious.

Why do you hear critiques as whining? Is that so you can more easily dismiss the critique?
    Never did they say it was supposed to replace anything. It's to give a more modern baseline experience. That's it. It would not be good or desirable to have every single feature people want in there. I don't want 85% of shit some altoholic pet, transmog collector wants, and he doesn't want 85% of what I want. Too many features is way worse than too few when you can customize.

10+ Year Old Account
    See there you go telling me to stop whining.
    Yup, and I stand firm at that comment.

This is why I posted.
    Just like a lot of other posted about grass pixels being too tall, etc. Some topics just feels weird.

Why are you telling people to stop whining about making something better?
    I never said you should stop whining about making something better, I said one should stop whining about minor things in a basic UI, in a game that offers you the ability to change it even further if need be with the basic UI which is the most advanced UI that the damn game engine has experienced in decades.

As if you have a right to do that or think its a intelligent way to make a point.
    Never said I was in the right, did I? No, carry-on. You didn't offer any examples but most posts I've seen are all down to what an addon always has done, and the majority of the new UI, can do a load more than the old but if you want specifics, then you need an addon because your specifics might not be considered overall useful for the player base. I mean, what do I know, you didn't even step up to offer examples to run the post off - I offered three which made sense for the average gameplay - most other complaints I've seen are overall not really needed for the function of a basic UI, we're not talking advanced UI, that is where Blizzard permits you to use add-ons.

Do you mean the old version? No, that is a more valid point, some people are frightened about too many options and just want the barebones minimum, even though the basic UI can do that too, it still doesn't feel right to them. And sadly, Blizzard only offers a 'Classic' setup of the new UI to appease the old crowd. If they want more specialized setups, addons it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    for now i personaly thing it sucks cause you cant resize the map
    Indeed one of the valid points but I believe Blizzard said they are working on that.

you cant move bag icon/button and the menu under it
    Indeed one of the valid points but I believe Blizzard said they are working on that.

you cant blacklist spells in the buffbar
    Not really as valid, nor important, it is a specialized function you would like to enjoy, and this, an addon can fulfill that for now.

and a minus for me not animated player icons in the ui
    Not really as valid, nor important, it is a specialized function you would like to enjoy, and this, an addon can fulfill that for now.

i also noticed you can easily press the sort button in the new bag ui and fuck up everything which is slightly annoying
    That one I have not noticed as a problem at all. Clicking too fast? Or need a prompt to get approval for sorting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I.. didn't know there were ElvUI fanboys?! Learning something new. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised now that I think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Never did they say it was supposed to replace anything. It's to give a more modern baseline experience. That's it. It would not be good or desirable to have every single feature people want in there. I don't want 85% of shit some altoholic pet, transmog collector wants, and he doesn't want 85% of what I want. Too many features is way worse than too few when you can customize.
    Indeed. It was made and updated to reawaken their view of their UI setup and needs for the basic playstyle. It is never going to tick all the boxes of every damn player in WoW.

I got rid of Bartender, WeakAuras, and SexyMap (I think it was called) because the new UI easily did their job.

I still have Altoholic, AllTheThings, TRP3Ext, HandyNotes, DeadlyBossMods, Rare Tracker, Details, Immersion, Listener, TomCat, TomTom, Musician, and EmoteSplitter.

I am sure as hell not going to demand the whole list added into the game - I have a dream of a select few but not all. It would be WAY too much for a basic UI, and for the average player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yet another whine about the changes. Nothing is stopping people from using UI addons, blizzard never will. Some people are old enough to remember when blizzard started making changes to the game based off very popular addons. Questfinder, node tracker, all that was implimented into the game because it was a great idea. Blizzard took those great ideas and made it a permanent part of the game so you didn't have to constantly rely on the creators of the addons to constantly update them, or in the worst case scenario they just quit all together.

Me personally the only addons I used were DBM, I can live without my entire UI being cluttered with 100 addons that "make my life easier" when in reality im stressing everytime a new patch drops and i get LUA errors and have to just disable everything anyway.

New UI isn't perfect. But I like, that it syncs between computers. Currently I play with just 2 addons installed. MountsJournal (due to bugged standard UI) and Details, because Wow still lacks DPS meter in 2022 and it's only way to measure your own performance. May be I'll install some others with time, like Titan panel to track some info like gold, gear durability, coordinates, etc. And also some info collecting addons, like Altoholic and Rarity. Not sure about Grid2. I just can't heal without it, but I don't have plans to play healer for now.

Overall common Wow UI's problem - there is no common way to implement settings, so players constantly mess with zoo of differently implemented addons. Yeah, Wow's UI can't be as advanced, as HTML or something like that. But several things should be made mandatory. Anchors instead of fixed positions (both origin and destination), precise coordinate and size input, setting profiles (both account-wide and per-character), etc.

Some addons are overcomplicated. But standard UI is usually oversimplified instead. It lacks several important settings. And sometimes it's just some small things, that are missing, that force players to use addons instead of standard UI.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-10-27 at 07:24 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

The official US forums are populated with people who would defend Bobby Kotick defecating on their driveway. They like to farm upvotes from each other with condescending "I don't have a problem with X therefore all the complaints are unreasonable and invalid and anyone who disagrees is a Karen and a hater" type posts. They are so closely identified with WoW that they take criticism of the game personally.

The new UI has issues, which is why I'm not going to stop using my action bar and UI addons.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Last night people were whinging that the new UI sucked because you couldn't move bars, you couldn't have more than the 6 bars, that you couldn't disable the art bar, that the padding was too big - and they were going to go back to dominos because of that.

Defending reality is never an issue for me - those people just hadn't bothered to RTFM.

It isn't going to replace ElvUI - but jeez, it almost completely replaces 4 addons that I used to use.

For the first time in >10 years - I can play WoW with ZERO addons.
    If only we could go back to Dominos, but the Addon got discontiuned because of this.

i like the new changes, they are amazing for new players.

that being said, i was logged in for 10 minutes before i minimized, pulled up curseforge and downloaded the Bartender update.

the new UI edit lacks quite a bit. at the very least, they need to add mouse click/shift/control keybinds like bartender and healbot has.
    oh ya, had to download healbot, DBM, auctionator and details as well.
    Blizz will never be able to be add-on free for me. they just dont do as well what add-on authors do.

Clearly more stuff will be added to the UI over time, but its better to just add a few things at a time.

Seen so many crying over things missing with the new ui which they would have noticed was there if they just spent 5 min going through the options.

Yeah, new action bars don't support showing out of range via more readable red textures instead of almost unreadable small red text. Blizzard think, that it's ok to ruin our eyes by their non-ergonomic UI. These are all small settings. Blizzard don't add them not to bloat their "noob friendly" UI. But it's real reason, why we have to install addons. I'm not sure for now. I try to play without addons, but I guess I'll have to install Bartender at the end.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-10-27 at 07:45 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    The new UI is an improvement even though it takes a little getting used to. I just wouldn't say that it makes addons obsolete by any means. There are still plenty of things in-game that are significantly more efficient with certain addons. So I wouldn't want to see Blizzard take that stance that the new UI is a end-all solution for all players and disable addons. Ideally Blizzard continues to work the features from the most popular addons into the UI so that eventually addons for the vast majority of players aren't needed. It seems like they are slowly making progress towards that, but it's still got a ways to go before certain addons aren't needed by at least a significant number of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    The only true request missing is the ability to resize the damn minimap
    This, why the hell is that thing so big in the first place?