Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Holy Necro Batman but the game was released and well

It's honestly one of the best fucking card games I've ever played on a mobile phone. For the first time in a long time I'm like REALLY behind on my hearthstone quests cause instead of playing that at work I'm playing Marvel frigging Snap

Monetization is pretty easy, cash only gets you cosmetics and you can't even really get actual cards with actual money....
    The game itself can be more random than Hearthstone but since actual matches take like...less than 5 minutes if you lose cause a location just kicked your ass your immediately in another game.

I HIGHLY recommend this game to try and it even has a steam client which is honestly just an android emulator but its damned good.

I have never been into TGC games both because the micromanagement was high as fuck and usually they are very keen on being extremely expensive when it's about getting new cards.

Snap is nothing like that and i REALLY like how it plays. Unfortunately it falls flat when it's about cards again because either you get the premium pass or you don't get the new cards and forking out 11bucks every 2 weeks is a no go to me. Until i have missed something.

For the rest, it plays really well, the graphics are cool and the whole card upgrade system is awesome (as it's not p2w or at least not directly since yes you can buy credits but you cannot buy boosters and you can upgrade only 3 cards ever 8 hours without them).

If i am missing something please tell me cause i really want to give this game a chance.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I have never been into TGC games both because the micromanagement was high as fuck and usually they are very keen on being extremely expensive when it's about getting new cards.

Snap is nothing like that and i REALLY like how it plays. Unfortunately it falls flat when it's about cards again because either you get the premium pass or you don't get the new cards and forking out 11bucks every 2 weeks is a no go to me. Until i have missed something.

For the rest, it plays really well, the graphics are cool and the whole card upgrade system is awesome (as it's not p2w or at least not directly since yes you can buy credits but you cannot buy boosters and you can upgrade only 3 cards ever 8 hours without them).

If i am missing something please tell me cause i really want to give this game a chance.
    You still get a lot of the cards without the premium pass...I got lucky and got Spider Woman and Miles without it...Card Accusation is SLOW as fuck and I feel the later you adopt this the worse its going to get for newer players later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You still get a lot of the cards without the premium pass...I got lucky and got Spider Woman and Miles without it...Card Accusation is SLOW as fuck and I feel the later you adopt this the worse its going to get for newer players later down the line.
    Then it's going exactly like any other TGC and it's not worth my time. I can understand that the game needs to be monetized some way, but this is not the right one imho.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

In this video, they explain a little about the season and roadmap. They announced a token system in the future to target specific cards. I wonder if it will let you target seasonal ones?

Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-10-27 at 05:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow I completely forgot about this. It’s amazing how many releases catch me by surprise now; guess I’m in a pocket universe algorithms have yet to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    In this video, they explain a little about the season and roadmap. They announced a token system in the future to target specific cards. I wonder if it will let you target seasonal ones?
    ]
    Would be nice....one thing I noticed is progressing can be pretty slow and certain cards in the pools are immensely better than others... I'm like a quarter into pool 2 and have yet to find an Iceman or a Killmonger and I ended up getting Scarlet Witch last

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Here's the thing with card games,

I want to have fun playing fun decks... meanwhile here comes the meta gang "No fun allowed scrub, now play the deck you are supposed to play, we're playing serious games here" *flips over the fun table* Meanwhile me, having to compete with over complicated metas that are anti fun.

I been burned so many times...
    Yea, one of the reasons I ditched Hearthstone. From my understanding, today meta is having filler cards and Denathrius (A) + The Switching Duke or w/e (B). Whoever draws A or gambles with B that opponent has A and steals it - wins. That's the whole gameplay.

Stopped playing Hearthstone and only get news from friends who still do. My card game itch is sated with Arkham Horror: The Card Game. So many decks you can actually build and play, because it's a PvE game. And it's such a better game too, I can't even believe that digital card game can suck so much compared to limitations of physical cards...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea, one of the reasons I ditched Hearthstone. From my understanding, today meta is having filler cards and Denathrius (A) + The Switching Duke or w/e (B). Whoever draws A or gambles with B that opponent has A and steals it - wins. That's the whole gameplay.

Stopped playing Hearthstone and only get news from friends who still do. My card game itch is sated with Arkham Horror: The Card Game. So many decks you can actually build and play, because it's a PvE game. And it's such a better game too, I can't even believe that digital card game can suck so much compared to limitations of physical cards...
    This is one of the reasons why I still prefer runeterra over the others. I am liking Snap, but the card acquisition feels awful. The whole pools thing just means I'm playing the exact same 1-2 decks every single person or bot is playing and it doesn't feel good.

My coworkers keep talking this up for how fast matches are and some of the unique mechanics (three lanes with some level of RNG built into them?), and apparently it's one of the less aggressively monetized games too? Like, no RNG card packs or energy recharges.

That it's a "AAA mobile game" with a major IP like Marvel and isn't monetized to high-hell like every other major licensed mobile game is enough for me to be intrigued.

I had never even heard of this game until the day it came out, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Would be nice....one thing I noticed is progressing can be pretty slow and certain cards in the pools are immensely better than others... I'm like a quarter into pool 2 and have yet to find an Iceman or a Killmonger and I ended up getting Scarlet Witch last
    In other sources, I found that the cards of this season will be available for pool 3 cards in 2 seasons. Pool 3 is...like collection level 486+...so yeah, we have an issue with getting cards.

I also recommend do no use the fast upgrade! It is a trap to eat all your credits!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My coworkers keep talking this up for how fast matches are and some of the unique mechanics (three lanes with some level of RNG built into them?), and apparently it's one of the less aggressively monetized games too? Like, no RNG card packs or energy recharges.

That it's a "AAA mobile game" with a major IP like Marvel and isn't monetized to high-hell like every other major licensed mobile game is enough for me to be intrigued.
    The locations are RNG in the selection and the order they appear. But also, there is a featured location that it will appear more frequently. Thus, you modified your deck to have a strategy in the case that location appears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

It’s definitely a game you can sneak a match in here and there between other things due to the 6 turn limit. I thought the cube unlocked at 10 would add a new mechanic that fundamentally changed the game, but it turned out to just be a currency you can bet with.

A lot of the luck seems to be in the final turn of which lanes you make you final push for. I say luck even though it’s sort of strategy predicting your opponent’s choices, but there’s still a lot of times where it feels purely guesswork.

I’m no great player and am only on pool 2, but so far I’ve only lost 2 games: once because I misunderstood what a card did, and the other when a lane played a random card from each hand; they got hulk down, I got a rock. So I’m still waiting to see the more challenging types of matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Sounds like this is the way. Not too scummy, good gameplay, good use of IP, what's not to like? How is the gameplay depth?

I've played about 25 hours so far and I'm really enjoying it and hit platinum today, I used to play hearthstone battlegrounds quite a lot but stopped when I started to find it more frustrating than fun with all the scam builds and bullshit RNG. Snap isn't just playing against the other player but also the environment, which can go in your favour or against depending on your deck, you can also bluff with the Snap button causing the other player to quit, it works best on turn 4, especially if you have played a good card that turn, even with no turn 5 or 6 cards in your hand, if the gamble doesn't pay off its no big deal it's 5 minutes, not like battlegrounds where you can spend 20 minutes to finish 5th and lose MMR.

I got the season pass when I was about 5 hours in, as I can see it being a game I will happily sink time into, so I don't mind spending a bit of money in a FTP game.
    The game was easy till I hit silver, but things started to get more difficult when I was coming up against proper builds that I couldn't counter, so I goggled for decks and found this vid:

I've played the Odin deck with mixed results but I do need to play it again now I understand the game a bit better, I have had the most success playing the Blue Marvel deck, the game is addictive in a good way, you can say 1 more game and next time you look its an hour later!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Played it, it's fun good job Ben Brode!

Its not bad but when does it get hard ive won like 40 games ans lost 1 i dono if i am playing bots or just people that are really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkheals View Post
    Its not bad but when does it get hard ive won like 40 games ans lost 1 i dono if i am playing bots or just people that are really bad
    I believe it's mostly bots up until like, gold rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

This game superheats my phone and drains my battery unbelievably fast, but I am enjoying it. It is fun. I'm not sure I like it better than Legends of Runeterra, but I do admit I like the pace of the games a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I believe it's mostly bots up until like, gold rank.
    I figured it was something like that. I just started playing and I knew there was no way I was playing against real players. I suck too much at these games to be winning this much lol.