Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the Professions Interface? Is there an addon that does this?

Thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This, why the hell is that thing so big in the first place?
    I believe the quote was "So you'll have plenty of room for all your addon config buttons."

I'm just annoyed the UI scale-slider in options just seems off scale in regards to action bars.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2022-10-27 at 08:21 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the new UI edit lacks quite a bit. at the very least, they need to add mouse click/shift/control keybinds like bartender and healbot has.
    oh ya, had to download healbot, DBM, auctionator and details as well.
    Blizz will never be able to be add-on free for me. they just dont do as well what add-on authors do.
    Blizzard should never be fully disconnected from the addon side, that is most likely part of their point, why put work into what they believe the avg. player doesn't need, and then let people actually adjust and make what they want themselves. A good UI is one that follows the avg. playstyle, and then lets everyone else modify as they see a need for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Clearly more stuff will be added to the UI over time, but its better to just add a few things at a time.

Seen so many crying over things missing with the new ui which they would have noticed was there if they just spent 5 min going through the options.
    Yeah, there's some stupid complaints about things lacking just to notice, it is there, if you looked.

- - - Updated - - -

This, why the hell is that thing so big in the first place?
    I wish I could answer you, but the only answer I have is that it is in the plan to have a resizing feature. At least it doesn't look bulky. Now I just wish that I could have the addon icons disconnected from the map and locked to a bar on the side of the screen (maybe pinched between the map and the edge of the screen).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the Professions Interface? Is there an addon that does this?

Thanks.
    Currently, nothing of that yet, most likely because they have to make custom frames since the old setup doesn't support the changes coming in from the updates.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i always wanted blizz to create thematic UIs. like a night elf one with animated vines and green leaves, or a gnome ui with spinning gears and pipes. maybe people could unlock cool UIs for achievements.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I wish I could answer you, but the only answer I have is that it is in the plan to have a resizing feature. At least it doesn't look bulky. Now I just wish that I could have the addon icons disconnected from the map and locked to a bar on the side of the screen (maybe pinched between the map and the edge of the screen).
    I always disable all minimap buttons not to bloat it and add addon setting macros to action bars, if needed - problem solved. I don't have any problems with map size. It feels like it has the same size, as before. But major Blizzards' problem - they don't test their solutions in all possible situations.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Oh good then. For someone that doesn't use addons I'd like to be able to tinker with it as much as I can. I like the rest of the UI, it's just the mini map is not so mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post

OMG The blizzard UI hydra head is so cute! I'd take that over the other two any day. i wanna snuggle it!
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

I dont see it tbh, i love the new ui and ive been an elvui user for years. I can finally put that thing way and just use a few small addons that improves the default ui with what i think it should have.

And ppl seem to foreget that a default UI is only there as "default". And its supposed to be what it is now, clean, minimalistic yet option to edit it in someway, because its ment for new players.. its what they first see when they enter the game..

Classcolor, raredragon and weakauras is all i needed. Hf with it, dont just be butthurt u didnt get a elvui copy wich i used very advanced vs others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I always disable all minimap buttons not to bloat it and add addon setting macros to action bars, if needed - problem solved. I don't have any problems with map size. It feels like it has the same size, as before. But major Blizzards' problem - they don't test their solutions in all possible situations.
    Well. Considering the Beta and the forum, changes have been made to the UI based on feedback, which I can confirm, but they got to start somewhere.

Oh good then. For someone that doesn't use addons I'd like to be able to tinker with it as much as I can. I like the rest of the UI, it's just the mini map is not so mini.
    Yeah, I think that is the aim of Blizzard as well. With the current UI, you could just have Deadly Boss Mods if you raid, if you are a world player, then everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    OMG The blizzard UI hydra head is so cute! I'd take that over the other two any day. i wanna snuggle it!
    I swear I saw someone selling them as plushies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I find baffling how many people actually believed it was going to replace Elv, WA or Plater. I mean, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to. Nor it was in Blizzard's plan to make it happen.

The new UI is a revamp of something that was dated and useless to a more modern and feature-rich state. You have a lot of stuff now that CAN replace SPECIFIC addon, but not huge compilations like Elv that has much more running behind or Frameworks like WA and Plater.

Personally, i really like this change because i like to wreite my own addons and a lot of work is not needed anymore and i love this. I also don't use WA or Plater cause i have custom stuff for both (i find both bloated as fuck in most cases and it's useless to learn using them when i can directly code whatever i need in the exact way i want it to behave).

The new UI is a great improvement over the old one. It's not going to replace anything because it wasn't meant to.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I find baffling how many people actually believed it was going to replace Elv, WA or Plater. I mean, it was pretty obvious it wasn't going to. Nor it was in Blizzard's plan to make it happen.

The new UI is a revamp of something that was dated and useless to a more modern and feature-rich state. You have a lot of stuff now that CAN replace SPECIFIC addon, but not huge compilations like Elv that has much more running behind or Frameworks like WA and Plater.

Personally, i really like this change because i like to wreite my own addons and a lot of work is not needed anymore and i love this. I also don't use WA or Plater cause i have custom stuff for both (i find both bloated as fuck in most cases and it's useless to learn using them when i can directly code whatever i need in the exact way i want it to behave).

The new UI is a great improvement over the old one. It's not going to replace anything because it wasn't meant to.
    That's not actually a good thing though. Imagine being a new player and being told "nice you're going to play WoW, but wait, if you really want to enjoy the game you need to download this and this and that." I've seen it happen too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    Maybe list the issues instead of presuming people know what you're talking about?

It's more editable now in the basis, pretty neatly so i might add.
    Some things are indeed still a bit clunky, but not exactly prohibitively so ("snap to grid" should be disableable in example, and the core menus in the corner should be movable, also the clock weirdly disappeared but perhaps i just haven't looked yet).

So yeah, what exactly is so bad about it? It literally has the option to revert to the classic looks if you dislike it, and it also still allows addons to replace it; there is literally nothing lost compared to previous versions.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

That's not actually a good thing though. Imagine being a new player and being told "nice you're going to play WoW, but wait, if you really want to enjoy the game you need to download this and this and that." I've seen it happen too many times.
    So, basically WoW from years ago until now? I can agree with the general concept but in practice it doesn't really work, or better, it partially works like this.

Everyone has Elv, Plater and WA. Because it's as easy as copy pasting a string and everything is done for you.

No one has the raid related addons like MRT, rcLootCouncil etc (which require nothing to do and are used mostly by raid leader/officers to automate certain parts of their role) because it doesn't affect their gameplay.

So many people believe that having WA setup in a certain way is mandatory to perform well. While i agree that there are things you need like a buff tracker because it's simply missing from the default UI, if someone is unable to perform well without a specific WA setup then it's their fault and not the addon being mandatory. It's a staple at best.

Point is that majority of players either don't use any addon for the most part or use some of that that heavily impact their game layout/interaction thus you cannot simply replace them, much like an iPhone user finds himself "not able" to use Android and vice versa. The user experience is king - since it's been years of people getting used to certain setups, it's not even worth for Blizzard to try and change that. Instead it's worth implementing modern features for people who don't use addons in general.

It's a win-win in my eyes.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't mind that it's missing features but it's quite annoying how they removed presets from the raid popout window, and how they removed the chat window resizing function, it's tedious that we now have to go through edit mode to fix these things that were alot simpler b4.

Also the bugs are annoying and I hope they get fixed soon, atleast sooner than it took for the devs to fix WC3 Reforged game breaking bugs, that took like a year or two?

Caused extreme inefficiency?!
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-10-27 at 12:08 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Lol the old: New thing bad, old thing good mentality.

Yeah, the UI is a bit wonky, though afaik it doesn't replace the UI addons people like using. Bartender didn't stop working for me ...Sooooo once again, a nothingburger. The new UI isn't bad at all, and its obviously going to get improvements(duh).

I knew it was when the word "copium" is in the main title.
    Isn't it usually the other way around though?

Especially shrinkflation hidden as "we now waste less" "now with less <thing claimed to be bad dubiously>", "fun-size packaging", "streamlined" andsoforth?
    Not to mention the plentiful excuses to raise prices because of new features that are between useless, dead on arrival and literal downgrades.

Not to say the old is better, but those saying new is better are just the same retards on the other side of the aisle.
    Better is better, preferably shown to be so through meaningful non-empty argumentation.

That all said: In this case i do not see any downsides to the new UI save for some bugs and oversights.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    but so far its been nice to dump such a huge addon that isn't carried on any addon updater.
    It's available to update on WoWup, just as an fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    they just dont do as well what add-on authors do.
    Or simply have no interest in doing some of them, for example Auctinator and Details, that you mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I don't mind that it's missing features but it's quite annoying how they removed presets from the raid popout window, and how they removed the chat window resizing function, it's tedious that we now have to go through edit mode to fix these things that were alot simpler b4.

Also the bugs are annoying and I hope they get fixed soon, atleast sooner than it took for the devs to fix WC3 Reforged game breaking bugs, that took like a year or two?

Caused extreme inefficiency?!
    Chat window can still be resized mate.

Honestly I already ditched my unit frames mod for the new UI. The only things keeping me from ditching bartender and sexymap to use the new UI for my action bars/map are:

1) Can't move/resize the xp bar
    2) Can't move/resize the micromenu
    3) Can't hide the stance bar
    4) Can't hide macro text
    5) Can't resize/change shape of mini map

If Blizzard improved the new UI to include those things I'd be able to retire bartender and sexy map

This is less of a criticism of the new UI and more of my wish list for improvements. Even without them though, if I couldn't use bartender and sexy map I could still play wow far more comfortably with the new UI than I could with the default.

Waiting for an addon that let's me go back to the original UI
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    Waiting for an addon that let's me go back to the original UI
    It's not an addon, and it's not 100% identical to the old UI, but the people at wowhead did provide a reasonable attempt at duplicating the old UI and you can just copy/paste their code to try it out:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/return-...r-again-329558