Pc display not working. HELP!

So i have had this pc for few years but today my pc turns on but my monitor goes into "no signal" i tried dhmi dvi or vga cables nothing... i got a new vga cable and still same issue. Can someone help me figure this out please? If i leave it couple of hours the monitor turns on when i boot but within a min or less goes black (sleep mode) saying no signal.

I reseated the ram and nothing helped. Boot device led is always on (red).
    Last edited by acegaming90; 2022-10-26 at 05:51 PM.

Going to need a lot more specifics.

Specs of the rig, GPU vs iGPU, psu, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by acegaming90 View Post
    So i have had this pc for few years but today my pc turns on but my monitor goes into "no signal" i tried dhmi dvi or vga cables nothing... i got a new vga cable and still same issue. Can someone help me figure this out please? If i leave it couple of hours the monitor turns on when i boot but within a min or less goes black (sleep mode) saying no signal.

I reseated the ram and nothing helped. Boot device led is always on (red).
    Does your mobo have on board video? If so hook up ur monitor via hdmi to onboard video, if the monitor works with onboard video then you have a video card problem.

If the monitor does not work with the onboard video as well, then do you have another monitor that you can use to test to see if it works, if that works, something is wrong with the monitor.

It sounds like to me its either the monitor or the video card just based on the information you have given, id take these steps to figure it out further.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Does your mobo have on board video? If so hook up ur monitor via hdmi to onboard video, if the monitor works with onboard video then you have a video card problem.

If the monitor does not work with the onboard video as well, then do you have another monitor that you can use to test to see if it works, if that works, something is wrong with the monitor.

It sounds like to me its either the monitor or the video card just based on the information you have given, id take these steps to figure it out further.
    Could also be the cable.

I had two cables fail on me within a week of each other. No idea why because its not like they were moving around or anything. Just... quit working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Could also be the cable.

I had two cables fail on me within a week of each other. No idea why because its not like they were moving around or anything. Just... quit working.
    So it's GPU for cure , since VGA / HDMI port don't even work , only DVI worked till now , now if i reboot pc with DVI cable it boots but after a minute the screen loses signal as if not plugged... Without my GPU PC seems to be working just fine.

Also is GTX 1050 ti 4gb (2nd hand) worth for 70 euros?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post

Works with onboard mobo card ,Read the post above please

- - - Updated - - -

So I need to decide between these 2 cards if anyone can help me.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC (70 euro)
    MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 8GB (100 euro)

which one is better for price? thank you

I bet its your psu, assuming the used gpu isn't bricked

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    I bet its your psu, assuming the used gpu isn't bricked
    Why you say that?

My old GPU is gtx 970 strix that if i plug it... boots but after a min loses display while pc is on.
    Last edited by acegaming90; 2022-10-30 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acegaming90 View Post
    So it's GPU for cure , since VGA / HDMI port don't even work , only DVI worked till now , now if i reboot pc with DVI cable it boots but after a minute the screen loses signal as if not plugged... Without my GPU PC seems to be working just fine.

Also is GTX 1050 ti 4gb (2nd hand) worth for 70 euros?

- - - Updated - - -

Works with onboard mobo card ,Read the post above please

- - - Updated - - -

So I need to decide between these 2 cards if anyone can help me.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC (70 euro)
    MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 8GB (100 euro)

which one is better for price? thank you
    the rx570 is way better between the two.

the rx570 is way better between the two.
    Eh... not really. Better, yes. (About 15%).

But its also 30% more expensive.

So, its not ultra cut and dried. The RX 470 isn't going to be able to play games the 1050Ti cant, there just isnt that much performance delta, so if saving the 30 quid is important, the 1050Ti is actually a better price/performer at those prices.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant speak to the used market in the EU, but right now, GTX 1070s are going for about 120$ around me. Ive just bought three, as due to a few random FB Market aquisitions i wound up with parts to slap together 3 rigs (Ryzen 5 1600, Ryzen 5 2400G, and an i7 8700T) more or less (needed to buy one ram kit, two cheap cases, a psu, and an SSD for the 3rd). Im going to resell them at a decent price for people looking for 1080p rigs for Christmas. Long winded point was: the price seems fairly reliable around here.

Europe may be entirely different, of course.

But if you can stretch to a 1060 or 1070.. do that.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2022-11-02 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Eh... not really. Better, yes. (About 15%).

But its also 30% more expensive.

So, its not ultra cut and dried. The RX 470 isn't going to be able to play games the 1050Ti cant, there just isnt that much performance delta, so if saving the 30 quid is important, the 1050Ti is actually a better price/performer at those prices.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant speak to the used market in the EU, but right now, GTX 1070s are going for about 120$ around me. Ive just bought three, as due to a few random FB Market aquisitions i wound up with parts to slap together 3 rigs (Ryzen 5 1600, Ryzen 5 2400G, and an i7 7800T) more or less (needed to buy one ram kit, two cheap cases, a psu, and an SSD for the 3rd). Im going to resell them at a decent price for people looking for 1080p rigs for Christmas. Long winded point was: the price seems fairly reliable around here.

Europe may be entirely different, of course.

But if you can stretch to a 1060 or 1070.. do that.

the rx570 will literally double the fps of the 1050ti. sell him your 1070 for $100

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the rx570 will literally double the fps of the 1050ti. sell him your 1070 for $100
    I went from a nvidia 970 to a rx580. the upgrade was minimal.

I'll never buy amd again.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

the rx570 will literally double the fps of the 1050ti.
    lolno. At best its about 30% faster, depending on the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNX...annel=wolfgang

Keep in mind all of those are as close to 1080 Ultra as they can get. Best case differences are ~35%.

Given that it is 30% cheaper (70 Euro vs 100) this is in-line. And thats best case. In a lot of games its more like 10-15%. If budget matters (this guy was rocking a GTX 970 u ntil now, 30 Euro might be a big effin deal) then the 1050Ti is a better value, as it will perform just fine and is significantly cheaper. And cheaper now might also mean "afford a substantial upgrade sooner" as well.

Note i never said the RX 570 was a bad card. It absolutey is not. In this particular case, with the prices the OP listed, the 1050Ti is a better deal if they are on a strict budget. Thats all i said.

sell him your 1070 for $100
    I'd be more than willing to source him a 1070, but that part where im in the US and he's in the EU would make it not worthwhile. Customs/shipping would double or triple the price.

Maybe pay attention.