Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What you like to think is happening when people complain about the UI:

What is actually happening:

This has been my feeling for the last 3 days. And they are acting like they aren't projecting rage onto people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The new UI sucks for me, for one reason only: you can no longer see "elite mob" icons on the floating health bars. I have to actually target the mob and look at its nameplate to find out if it's an elite or not. Everything else about the new UI is left disabled since I'm using an addon for that.

I'm glad you can play the game with zero addons now, but for me, it looks like I'll have to add another addon to make up for the deficiencies of the new UI, which is annoyingly inferior to the original UI in this regard in my opinion.

Also, I personally hate how "minimalistic" and soulless the game icons sitting on the bottom right corner of the screen look now. So generic-looking and inspired to just have floating buttons like that.
    I dislike that as well. However, bad news.

From the Known Issues post on Warcraft US forum...

Elite enemy nameplates do not include dragons, as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For the first time in >10 years - I can play WoW with ZERO addons.
    No, no you can't. Unless you're talking about open world content doing world quests, at which point you never needed addons to begin with..
    You're still gonna need weakaura and dbm/bigwigs at the very bare minimum and there's more.

- - - Updated - - -

... and remove 4 others.
    What exactly are those 4 addons you can remove? Because there hasn't been a single one I can remove with the new UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I dislike that as well. However, bad news.

From the Known Issues post on Warcraft US forum...

Elite enemy nameplates do not include dragons, as intended.
    The give it something. They gave rare mobs a four-point star icon, then they should give the elite mobs something.

And I call bullshit on Blizzard's decision to remove it, considering the whole reason for the existence of the golden dragon is precisely to mark elite mobs.

New UI seems fine.
    Like always, I'll only install bigwigs and Details! :P.
    Anything more is just a bother!

I tried playing it a bit but it just lacks a bunch of QoL i liked and I swapped back to ELVUI. I really did want it to be as good but it just isn't. It's basically the same UI but you can move it and unify your bags, that's fine but it was advertised as a lot more than it was.

Oh well.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2022-10-27 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the UI lacks (or not) is up to the individual user. I'm quite sure we're all thankful that you're keeping an eye on this for us. Addons are still there if needed. If the playstyle can do just fine without addons that's fine too.

Another entry in the long line of complaining just to be complaining.

Also in the way of personal choices: Never take seriously anyone who talks about "copium" much less puts it in their thread title. It's just a form of grandstanding.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    The problem I see is Blizzard is trying to make changes to their base UI, I assume with the intention of not needing to download a addon to make the changes you want. So IMO if you're going to invest time and energy into this then the product needs to be as good or better than any of the addons. If it is not then you wasted your time and people will just get an addon. WoW already has a very high level of entry to play optimally with the need download several addons (people will argue this, i don't really care about your opinion on this one comment). I commend Blizzard for wanting to do something, but again if they are going to do something then what they need to do is do it better than anyone else otherwise; again; you wasted your time. White knights & Fan Bois are always going to champion Blizzard and crybabies are always going to cry. It's what everyone else in the middle that doesn't live in an echo chamber thinks that matters.

No, I believe the problem is with people who are complaining about it when they're just going to use addons to replace it in the first place. In about 3 months when everyone is raiding and doing mythics I guarantee the last thing people are going to complain about is the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Currently, nothing of that yet, most likely because they have to make custom frames since the old setup doesn't support the changes coming in from the updates.
    Thanks, I've got the main UI to a place I can be happy with. At least you can all your toons can use the same settings. The professions interface is - at least IMHO - a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Yet another whine about the changes. Nothing is stopping people from using UI addons, blizzard never will. Some people are old enough to remember when blizzard started making changes to the game based off very popular addons. Questfinder, node tracker, all that was implimented into the game because it was a great idea. Blizzard took those great ideas and made it a permanent part of the game so you didn't have to constantly rely on the creators of the addons to constantly update them, or in the worst case scenario they just quit all together.

Me personally the only addons I used were DBM, I can live without my entire UI being cluttered with 100 addons that "make my life easier" when in reality im stressing everytime a new patch drops and i get LUA errors and have to just disable everything anyway.
    Yet another post calling something a whine when it isn't. Thanks for being generic and dismissive like the others defaulting to that zero thought take. And thank you for personal preference list as if that has anything to do with basic functions that should be added to the new UI.

Some people want to improve things, other people are just followers I guess but at the same time don't want to appear to be so. Insert calling critiques complaints. Are you going to get mad when someone suggest adding something to the new UI since that is just complaining to you? I had to make the OP a call out because people are legit being shutdown on other forums for merely trying to suggest improvements.

And Blizz took years to copy addons people told them FOR years to put in the game. They had how long to prep this and copy other add ons? Like many have said(not you) its a good start that needs to be build on. Imo asap. And why do you assume people clutter with 100 of addons.

I use.... BT(not even that much last xpac), WA, range finder, and bigwigs because DBM is just bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Maybe list the issues instead of presuming people know what you're talking about?

It's more editable now in the basis, pretty neatly so i might add.
    Some things are indeed still a bit clunky, but not exactly prohibitively so ("snap to grid" should be disableable in example, and the core menus in the corner should be movable, also the clock weirdly disappeared but perhaps i just haven't looked yet).

So yeah, what exactly is so bad about it? It literally has the option to revert to the classic looks if you dislike it, and it also still allows addons to replace it; there is literally nothing lost compared to previous versions.
    There are people that want to go back to shadowlands look. That classic look isn't classic to lots of players by any means.
    The improvements are in a bunch of the comments here. Suggestions were made on other forums and railed against as whining, raging, complaining. There is no point to me listing the obvious. If you have never used BT or Elvui or tried to customize your UI with moveanything then you won't notice what is missing anyway. Enjoy the bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    Yeah it can, IN EDIT MODE like i said.

It takes 5 times longer than before.
    Its okay, he just assumes everyone is a giant idiot without actually reading what they typed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    It's just really tough right now (and really pointless) to sift through the people that complain about things they are wrong about because they didn't take a minute or an internet search to figure it out, and those with legit criticisms.
    It really isn't and that isn't a reason to not speak up for people with legit criticisms. Improving this right away would be good for everyone using the new UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I don't mind that it's missing features but it's quite annoying how they removed presets from the raid popout window, and how they removed the chat window resizing function, it's tedious that we now have to go through edit mode to fix these things that were alot simpler b4.

Also the bugs are annoying and I hope they get fixed soon, atleast sooner than it took for the devs to fix WC3 Reforged game breaking bugs, that took like a year or two?

Caused extreme inefficiency?!
    You can resize the chat. Go in edit mode, click on chat frame and the usual triangle in the lower corner appears. Though a friend told me last night it wasn't there so maybe it was a bug.

Have yet to chek the raid frames but i'm going to redesogn them so whatever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

"OP, it is the essence of humanity to be ungrateful for new things we receive and don't deserve. That is why players are bellyaching about it. They skip right over the massive improvements and then zero in on the imperfections."

Okay great, now that everyone is over people not noticing the great improvements can we focus on the drawbacks to have even more improvements.
    I wonder if there is a word for just talking about how good things are and never considering how to make things better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You can resize the chat. Go in edit mode, click on chat frame and the usual triangle in the lower corner appears. Though a friend told me last night it wasn't there so maybe it was a bug.

Have yet to chek the raid frames but i'm going to redesogn them so whatever.
    For the second time he/she was saying its annoying you have to go into the edit mode to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    For example i dont give a shit about UI tbh ;d i do like old one. New one is ok too. Ppl just like to complain. Cheers.
    This isn't complaining. Please look up words for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    1) Can't move/resize the xp bar
    2) Can't move/resize the micromenu
    3) Can't hide the stance bar
    4) Can't hide macro text
    5) Can't resize/change shape of mini map
    Double that. Most stuff i'm going to deal with myself but any bar should be hidden if i want to. Probably oversights or bugs tho, because i find it strange not to have some of them when they did a lot for other stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Whatever the UI lacks (or not) is up to the individual user. I'm quite sure we're all thankful that you're keeping an eye on this for us. Addons are still there if needed. If the playstyle can do just fine without addons that's fine too.

Another entry in the long line of complaining just to be complaining.

Also in the way of personal choices: Never take seriously anyone who talks about "copium" much less puts it in their thread title. It's just a form of grandstanding.
    If you actually bothered reading comments you wouldn't have made that post. Another critical thinker calling something complaining. So lazy on your part. Thanks for the sarcasm and adding nothing to the suggestion box. Figures with how many posts you have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    No, I believe the problem is with people who are complaining about it when they're just going to use addons to replace it in the first place. In about 3 months when everyone is raiding and doing mythics I guarantee the last thing people are going to complain about is the UI.
    You believe the problem is people complaining(blatant gaslighting) instead of trying to make something better. Shoo if you have nothing to add that is constructive. Put another way, stop complaining about suggestions.

Two days are enough for me to play with standard interface. I've installed all necessary addons. Everything works as it worked in the past now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's not actually a good thing though. Imagine being a new player and being told "nice you're going to play WoW, but wait, if you really want to enjoy the game you need to download this and this and that." I've seen it happen too many times.
    I don't think any addon is even remotely required for new player activities- that being leveling, casual PvP, queued dungeons/raids and open world content. When you start dipping your toes into Normal+ raiding or M+ then certainly stuff like DBM or Details becomes more and more helpful but even when it comes to general UI mods, I've seen world first raiders using the default. When I raided Mythic I did so with not much more than Details, Tidyplates, DBM, a scrolling combat text addon and Weakauras. That you can load the game with dozens of addons does not mean you are required to beyond a small baseline once you hit harder content after having invested dozens of hours into the game.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Last night people were whinging that the new UI sucked because you couldn't move bars, you couldn't have more than the 6 bars, that you couldn't disable the art bar, that the padding was too big - and they were going to go back to dominos because of that.

Defending reality is never an issue for me - those people just hadn't bothered to RTFM.

It isn't going to replace ElvUI - but jeez, it almost completely replaces 4 addons that I used to use.

For the first time in >10 years - I can play WoW with ZERO addons.
    You can remove the art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Double that. Most stuff i'm going to deal with myself but any bar should be hidden if i want to. Probably oversights or bugs tho, because i find it strange not to have some of them when they did a lot for other stuff.
    Every bar can be hidden but the main one unless I missed the option for that one. You just choose not to show buttons and boom, no bar.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of people who raid in super competitive guilds that use default UI. There's also way more arena players that use default UI than most people would like to admit.

I've used default UI for years and it serves me perfectly fine as a raid leader. All I did was resize the UI and everything appeared fine for me. The default raid frames for a tank/DPS is fine as it still shows deaths and necessary debuffs, although I would admit if I was a healer I might seek better alternatives.

Boss mods are important and depending on the encounter weak auras can be important. I haven't raided since the end of BFA, but the last encounter I thought was all but necessary to have weak auras installed was Mythic Azshara. Details and damage meters can be important, but you can also decide to track that shit after an encounter or after a dungeon too. It's a useful tool to analyze, but analyze in the middle of battle it could be seen as wasted real estate.

If you're use to something it's just never going to replace what you had before. As someone who just logged into retail just the other day in months, the new UI is by and large far better than it was before. Did it eliminate any addons for me? No. But people underestimate how many addons it potentially might have erased for others who do use the default UI.

If you sit there and use ElvUI and take hours upon hours to setup things perfectly, I highly doubt you're going to use default UI in any universe. But plenty of people do use the default UI. Popular to contrary belief most people would play just fine downloading simply a boss/dungeon mod pack for raiding/dungeons. I can't deny how good weak auras can be, but flashing icons and audio alerts do nothing if you don't pay attention to them. We have traffic lights telling you when to walk or wait for traffic, but people still get run over despite those flashing lights telling them it's not safe to move lol.

Also a lot of the whining is because people haven't even taken the time to dig into the interface options to see what can be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Every bar can be hidden but the main one unless I missed the option for that one. You just choose not to show buttons and boom, no bar.
    Not quite every bar. You can't hide the stance bar for classes with stances (Warriors, Druids (forms), Rogues (stealth). You also can't hide or move the micro menu (I doubt most would hide this but I know plenty would like to move it). You can't move the XP bar either.