Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideas that will improve the new BlizzUI. Won't take much.

Fix the not saving issue.(i actually just spent 30 min making UI>saved 800 times while making it>log on other character>none of it is saved(yes i reloaded/restarted)
    Add 4 more bars to match BT amount
    Moveable minimap
    Moveable/Resize Pet health bar(unless there is option somewhere to enable this I couldn't find it.) Its stuck to character portrait options.
    Bar art for any bar
    Fade out options for everything
    Decimal point positioning for all elements
    Fixed position and resize/move options for dynamic health/resource bar.(could be option I didn't see.) But it will move below default stacked action bars depending on camera position.
    Move/resize option for micro menu/bags. Showing one bag like BT would be good option.<<<< this is in. Click arrow next to bags.(ty for point this out.) derp
    Move/resize experience bar option
    Debuff/buff filters (icehud is/was great for this if you want example of how it would be useful.)
    Opacity option for all elements.(they have had this for zone map for a long time.)
    Debuff/Buff options for player frame.

Nitpicks: When you change the rows it slightly resizes the buttons to a smaller scale than a full row.
    And add even more bars . It makes using toys/mounts much easier the more free bars you have.(eight is not enough /rawr need moar)

I apologize if any of things can be achieved via options I didn't notice and if they have stated they are making any of these changes. Basically everything I listed are options that BT has. I'm sure there are other things people noticed that could be added or changed/fixed. Keep in mind that the goal of the UI is for the new player to use. I think these options are very basic and would immediately improve the Blizz UI and UI painting experience.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2022-10-28 at 01:55 PM.

revert to classics ui would be the best. since atleast it does work.

Yeah I would like a simple 'oldschool UI" option. I can't be bothered to get used to new stuff, I want familiar look I've been using for 20 years.

Also I'm not a fan of minimalistic artstyle, I prefer old art, where skulls, gryphons and swords look like pictures, not icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Fix the not saving issue.(i actually just spent 30 min making UI>saved 800 times while making it>log on other character>none of it is saved(yes i reloaded/restarted)
    Moveable minimap
    Moveable/Resize Pet health bar(unless there is option somewhere to enable this I couldn't find it.) Its stuck to character portrait options.
    Bar art for any bar
    Fixed position and resize/move options for dynamic health/resource bar.(could be option I didn't see.) But it will move below default stacked action bars depending on camera position.
    Move/resize option for micro menu/bags. Showing one bag like BT would be good option.
    Debuff/buff filters (icehud is/was great for this if you want example of how it would be useful.)
    Opacity option for all elements.(they have had this for zone map for a long time.)

Nitpicks: When you change the rows it slightly resizes the buttons to a smaller scale than a full row.
    And add even more bars . It makes using toys/mounts much easier the more free bars you have.

I apologize if any of things can be achieved via options I didn't notice and if they have stated they are making any of these changes. Basically everything I listed are options that BT has. I'm sure there are other things people noticed that could be added or changed/fixed. Keep in mind that the goal of the UI is for the new player to use. I think these options are very basic and would immediately improve the Blizz UI and UI painting experience.
    Towards point 1 because i think this is the biggest issue for you:

Did you check you did not make the layout character specific? There should be a checkbox.

The rest. Hm half of them i don't really care about.

Bag thing is allready in.

Moving Bags and Micro Menu... yeah... they want to apparantly and it is coming. But that annoys me really much too.
    More bars... 8 Bars is more than enough.
    For toys and mounts i would recommend OPie for you. Better for that than any bar.

Resizing etc should have been allready in... weird that it isn't honestly.

I just want a checkbox that will give me the old version back. I don't mind if they add this new interface for the people who appreciate it, I'm even fine if they make it the default option on a new install. But I liked the old UI. Its aesthetics were much, much better, it had a lot of character and felt distinctively warcraft where the new one feels like its visual choices were informed by mindless adherence to trends in mobile games and web design, which largely don't apply to a PC video game interface. It was more readable - I don't like that my bags are transparent (with no option to change it back), their replacements for the menu icons at the bottom right are awful (translucent grey blobs are not more readable than distinctive colourful icons set over an opaque background, damn it), or that important UI elements like the cast bar have shrunk (presumably out of some pursuit of minimalism) making them harder to track at a glance or in your peripheral vision. And it might even be that their new layout would be easier to read if it were a fair contest, but it doesn't matter either way because it's not a fair contest: I've been using the old UI for well over a decade and it is thoroughly burned into my brain, and the correct place to put a UI element is where the user expects it to be. The comfort and familiarity associated with the old UI is an advantage the new one could never, ever overcome.

Just don't like it. Simple as. Let me have the old one back (without putting me at the mercy of addon maintainers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Colour coding the standard buttons would be nice (Like System,Groupfinder, etc..). I had no problem distinguishing the old ones but with the new all grey design they look all the same. Can't understand why they went for less visual clarity there.

Always thought that if Blizzard would let us have the option to Edit UI they would allow for both clean and decorative as options.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can collapse all your bags shown next to the backpack by hitting the small arrow next to 'em.

I do think not leaving the old UI and art in as an optional choice is a pretty bold and bad decision that devs will never hear the end of til rectified...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    revert to classics ui would be the best.
    I'd have liked the option to revert to the old UI. I dont use addons and havent had time yet to explore the customisations in the new UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others wouldve like to have just kept the old ui as well, I know I'll used to this eventually but it wasn't necessary and I'm not a fan of the minimalistic look.

Being able to just apply my UI changes without having to save it would be nice too, just press apply and it applies.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Moveable minimap
    Bar art for any bar
    Move/resize option for micro menu/bags. Showing one bag like BT would be good option.

And add even more bars . It makes using toys/mounts much easier the more free bars you have.

When they changed the UI, they knew that they would get feedback. I don't think they were aiming for a perfect solution from start.

The UI will just keep getting better with each iteration. But I think you should post on the officals.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-10-28 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    When they changed the UI, they knew that they would get feedback. I don't think they were aiming for a perfect solution from start.

The UI will just keep getting better with each iteration. But I think you should post on the officals.
    Progression got to start somewhere, and a lot of the demands are so specific that they don't really belong in a default UI.

The main issues would be to change so that you can;
    Resize the Minimap.
    Move/Resize the XP bar.
    Move/Resize the mini menu.
    Move/Resize the bag bar.
    Resize the talking head bar.

Bonus things that would be nice, but not needed for a default UI as they are very specific:
    The ability to change UI color.
    The ability to decrease padding to 0.1.
    The ability to sort buffs/debuffs.
    The ability to have all debuffs like normal but have the ones you can cleanse will glow.
    The ability to change opacity controls.
    The ability to enable dynamic character portraits.
    The ability to enable flashing buttons to show completed cooldown.
    The ability to control sizing by input and not dragging.
    The ability to make the chat box bigger.
    The ability to have the chat 'ping' you when you are mentioned, maybe even custom keywords (Like Listener).
    The ability to make simple presets for the play style (We have one, but add more presets).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

My main gripe with the new UI, that I don't see a lot of people mentioning.

Why can't I set the grid "flow" direction on the actionbars. Like if I set it to vertical 3x4, it puts number 1 key in the lower left and populates it left to right bottom to top, like the numpad on the keyboard. Thing is though, my mmo mouse is populated like a phone keypad and is 1 at the top left and goes left to right, top to bottom. They should have two check boxes to flip what direction it populates, you know like they have for the buff/debuff bars. Makes zero sense, and means I have to move 36 hotkeys on every character.

Problems with standard UI:
    1) Make everything movable and sizeable, including menu, bags and exp bar.
    2) Add anchors. I have computers with different aspect ratios and don't want to constantly switch between UI presets, cuz chosen one is stored on server.
    3) Fix action bars to show out of range via red textures instead of unreadable red text, add option to hide text.
    4) When built-in equipment manager can't find piece of equipment - print it to chat window. Change equipment preset icon on action bar, when preset is selected.
    5) Allow account-wide talent builds (including action bar presets). Increasing character limit to 60 implies, that Blizzard understand, that many players have characters with duplicate classes.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-10-28 at 12:44 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Fuck me if I can understand how is it possible to release something so half-assed and limited, like holy shit.
    Should have just paid the people who created MoveAnything to do their job. That addon is years ahead of what the talented blizzard developers are capable of.

If this is the quality we can expect, the I guess no future WoW expansion will ever come out of beta.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-10-28 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    5) Allow account-wide talent builds (including action bar presets). Increasing character limit to 60 implies, that Blizzard understand, that many players have characters with duplicate classes.
    Not saying this is the best solution, but isn't there an import/export function with the new ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not saying this is the best solution, but isn't there an import/export function with the new ui?
    Yes there is.

Corrected the part about showing one bag. <3

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah I would like a simple 'oldschool UI" option. I can't be bothered to get used to new stuff, I want familiar look I've been using for 20 years.

Also I'm not a fan of minimalistic artstyle, I prefer old art, where skulls, gryphons and swords look like pictures, not icons.
    This. This whole flatten UI trend is okay for your average smartphone and not fit for a 20-year old fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah, but it's implemented badly. I have to create temp spec like Ret2 in order not to lose my action bars and then I have to set them up manually. And constantly syncing builds between several characters - isn't good idea. It's just waste of time.

P.S. Man, damned UI is simply bugged and inconsistent. On one computer both buff and debuff frames have proper location, but debuff frame ignores left-bottom to right-top grow options. On other computer with exactly the SAME preset - buff frame has wrong anchor, but all all of a sudden debuff frame works properly.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-10-28 at 04:01 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.